Fort4242

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

9 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

If it all goes according to plan, it could be really damn fun to watch. For all his faults, Cutler is an entertaining player. If he fires 135 targets Parker's way, it could be terrific. 

However, I'm not sold just yet that Landry is getting pushed aside. Remember, he has far outperformed Parker for 2 years straight now, and it's not because he's some savvy vet. He's only a couple years older than Parker. 

It feels like the public has made up their mind right now. Landry was Tannehill's type of WR. Parker is Cutler's type. I won't be surprised if it ends up being all hype though. Both Landry and Parker have their moments. Some good games back and forth, but neither of them ends up being a great player for your lineup for the entire season. 

In my mind I feel like worst case scenario Parker and Landry will end up with similar points in fantasy this year, and until the middle of August Parker was going 3 rounds later than Landry, now I believe Parker has passed Landry due to Cutler and the domestic violence claim while Parker has lost some of his sleeper appeal but he hasn't lost all his value as I feel like he can easily be a top WR2 this season.

11 hours ago, Experienced Rookie said:

If it all goes according to plan, it could be really damn fun to watch. For all his faults, Cutler is an entertaining player. If he fires 135 targets Parker's way, it could be terrific. 

However, I'm not sold just yet that Landry is getting pushed aside. Remember, he has far outperformed Parker for 2 years straight now, and it's not because he's some savvy vet. He's only a couple years older than Parker. 

It feels like the public has made up their mind right now. Landry was Tannehill's type of WR. Parker is Cutler's type. I won't be surprised if it ends up being all hype though. Both Landry and Parker have their moments. Some good games back and forth, but neither of them ends up being a great player for your lineup for the entire season. 

that is a definite concern.  Another thing to consider is that if the Landry trade rumors are true, then it's possible for a few weeks they could try to throw to him more to showcase him for a trade

9 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

that is a definite concern.  Another thing to consider is that if the Landry trade rumors are true, then it's possible for a few weeks they could try to throw to him more to showcase him for a trade

This was a 10 win team last year.  I don't think they'll go to Landry just to improve his trade value.  I think they will do what gives them the best chance of winning.

22 minutes ago, ccimore said:

This was a 10 win team last year.  I don't think they'll go to Landry just to improve his trade value.  I think they will do what gives them the best chance of winning.

this.

plus it's not like Landry is an unknown of iffy commodity ... enough film on that kid to prove he's a legit WR in the NFL to any team inquiring.  

Anyone got the stones to start him week 2? Part of me wants to wait and see how it plays out before putting him in my line up. Come on boys get me hyped.

1 minute ago, SonataArctica said:

Anyone got the stones to start him week 2? Part of me wants to wait and see how it plays out before putting him in my line up. Come on boys get me hyped.

Parker is going to ball. Confidentially starting him over both dez (against cards) and alshon (vs chiefs) this weekend. Cutler is a reckless animal, he's not built for that patient, short/medium game-managing pass scheme that Landry thrives in. Prepare to see an interception or two though haha

1 minute ago, jdegs7 said:

Parker is going to ball. Confidentially starting him over both dez (against cards) and alshon (vs chiefs) this weekend. Cutler is a reckless animal, he's not built for that patient, short/medium game-managing pass scheme that Landry thrives in. Prepare to see an interception or two though haha

Dez is playing against the Broncos. 

13 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Dez is playing against the Broncos. 

Yea thanks for the correction. Even worse imo

57 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

I mean you must have drafted him to be a starter... He was going fairly early in drafts. 

Trying real hard not to get too hyped up like I did for Martavis last week.  Parker does after all draw Jason Verrett or Casey Hayward.

Rolling him out, these boys have been chomping at the bit watching the rest of the NFL tip off. 

More time to fine tune the game plan

More time to get timing and route differentials correct. 

More time for Cutty to smoke cigarettes while chucking deep rockets to Parker. 

Amari Cooper

Devante Parker

Cooper Kupp 

#UnleashTheFleet 

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Trying real hard not to get too hyped up like I did for Martavis last week.  Parker does after all draw Jason Verrett or Casey Hayward.

Cutler wouldn't care if he's being triple covered by Deion and the Woodson's he would still throw him the ball. Matchup don't matter when Cutler is the QB.

17 minutes ago, Ddam2013 said:

Cutler wouldn't care if he's being triple covered by Deion and the Woodson's he would still throw him the ball. Matchup don't matter when Cutler is the QB.

lol

Going across the country to play against a defensive line who will be in cutler's face all day,  plus vs Verrett and Hayward is pretty awful...

Chargers couldn't beat down pedestrian jag CJ Anderson so Ajayi may/will kill them...

The Dolphins players may be dealing with insurance companies, family, friends etc. all affected by Irma in Miami..

It sets up as a marginal floor game from Parker....

Ahhhh who am I kidding I drafted Parker mad early this year to make sure I got him as a flag plant player and he is already locked into my line up!!!

C'mon Parker lets see the beginnings of the AJ Green like dominance us supporters are hoping to see!!! 

Edited by General Gannicus

If it doesn't happen this year for Parker with Cutty chucking him the pill, it's never happening. 

It's happening. 

1 hour ago, Lord_Varys said:

Hmmmmm. Which one? Does it even matter? 

13 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Hmmmmm. Which one? Does it even matter? 

Verrett is the #1 I think.  He is better.  I was reading that Verrett and Hayward mostly shadowed DT and Sanders respectively all night.  Granted they didn't look great doing it.  I'd guess Verrett is on Parker all day.  But again Verrett didn't look like his normal shut down self, so we'll see how it goes.  Still expecting Cutler to force feed Parker, but tempering my expectations.  Verrett is really good.

7 minutes ago, ponziacs said:

Start or sit Parker against the Chargers?

With all the preseason hype around him with Cutler chucking him the ball I'd be surprised if owners didn't start him.

32 minutes ago, Pigskingpin said:

With all the preseason hype around him with Cutler chucking him the ball I'd be surprised if owners didn't start him.

Well a lot of teams got Kupp, Agholor and Golladay off the waiver wires this week so a lot more options.

Edited by ponziacs

2 minutes ago, ponziacs said:

Well a lot of teams got Kupp, Agholor and Golladay off the waiver wires this week so a lot more options.

I'd still start Parker.