Fort4242

DeVante Parker 2017 Outlook

5 hours ago, koreaonaboat said:

I'll gladly take this guy at his ADP

hopefully he stays around there, it seems like if the coaches are right and he has taken some major steps we could see consistent WR2-3 numbers a lot of weeks.  Thinking about keeping him and putting him in a flex spot    He seems like a risk to be counted on for WR2 or even 3 numbers, but it seems possible, hopefully Gase has Tannehill taking a step up this year as well.  

I really want to believe the hype but how can Tannehill support Landry, Parker, and Stills (who they just gave $20 million guaranteed) while also giving Ajayi 300 carries?

I'll still take him at his current adp but no way the MIA offense can feed all those guys at once.

I'm not buying it.  He has talent sure but this team isn't set up to make him fantasy viable right now. 

Same offense, same quarterback and same pecking order means same results: ho-hum weekly stats with the occasional touchdown. Bye-week filler material.

I think we are all familiar with the 3rd year WR breakout.  This year Cooper is already a star, Kevin White is already hurt, Breshard Perriman just got buried on the depth chart as did Nelson Agholor and DGB.  Funchess, Dorsett, Strong, Lockett, & Ty Williams make up the rest of the WR draft class.  Obviously it's not a universal rule that there has to be a 3rd year WR breakout, but the idea that it comes together after a couple years of experience is a good one.  Parkers current price as a sleeper and the smoke coming out of OTAs makes me want to take a chance on him.  Landry is in a contract year and they overpaid Kenny Stills as a field stretcher.    The stars look aligned.

I don't see it either. I think Tannehill limits the offense too much. They'll run through Ajayi and I think Parker tops out at something like 850 and 5-6 TDs if he takes his health seriously. Still not a bad year but nothing bonkers.

1 hour ago, PBR me ASAP said:

Kevin White is hurt????

No, but I'm sure it's going to happen sooner rather than later, much like the sun rising every morning some things are certainties.

5 hours ago, PBR me ASAP said:

Kevin White is hurt????

Maybe hurt is the wrong word but not yet recovered.

White missed his rookie season with a fractured left tibia, then missed all but four games of his sophomore campaign with a "fibular spiral fracture" and "severe ankle ligament damage" in the same leg. Per the Tribune's Rich Campbell, the Bears simply "don't know" whether White will regain his explosiveness. White is nothing more than a late-round flier in 2017 fantasy drafts

On 6/14/2017 at 6:56 AM, Elwood333 said:

I think we are all familiar with the 3rd year WR breakout.  This year Cooper is already a star, Kevin White is already hurt, Breshard Perriman just got buried on the depth chart as did Nelson Agholor and DGB.  Funchess, Dorsett, Strong, Lockett, & Ty Williams make up the rest of the WR draft class.  Obviously it's not a universal rule that there has to be a 3rd year WR breakout, but the idea that it comes together after a couple years of experience is a good one.  Parkers current price as a sleeper and the smoke coming out of OTAs makes me want to take a chance on him.  Landry is in a contract year and they overpaid Kenny Stills as a field stretcher.    The stars look aligned.

Chris Conley is also in his 3rd year.  I missed him from my earlier list and his opportunity really improved 

At his adp he's a steal. As many have said his stats don't tell the whole picture. What's more I've been seeing that this seems to big a good year to take wr late. I think it's a solid idea to stock up on other positions and  draft  high upside WRs like Parker, which there are a lot of this year.  He was hurt last year all he has to do is stay healthy thats it. 

1 hour ago, cyberwatty said:

At his adp he's a steal. As many have said his stats don't tell the whole picture. What's more I've been seeing that this seems to big a good year to take wr late. I think it's a solid idea to stock up on other positions and  draft  high upside WRs like Parker, which there are a lot of this year.  He was hurt last year all he has to do is stay healthy thats it. 

I don't see any upside with Parker. Sure he's a really talented receiver. But what's his upside in a run heavy offense led by Ryan Tannehill when he's second in line for targets? I think there are better options around his ADP. I'd rather take Maclin or Quincy Enunwa. 

34 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I don't see any upside with Parker. Sure he's a really talented receiver. But what's his upside in a run heavy offense led by Ryan Tannehill when he's second in line for targets? I think there are better options around his ADP. I'd rather take Maclin or Quincy Enunwa. 

You even said hes really talented. I drafted him last and was worried about Stills, but Stills never outplayed Parker. If anything their production was match up dependent.  Also there were many reports that Parker was hurt all year yet he still played. What if Stills or Landry gets hurt, or if Parker stays healthy. At his ADP I'll take the chance all day. I really like Enunwa too, but thats why I said I like stocking up on WR at the end of the draft. All of them may not pan out, but if you stock up on other positions they should return decent value. At Parkers ADP I think hes a pretty safe bet to return positive value. Id take him over Maclin, but prefer to have Enunwa and Parker if possible. As of now I'd still take Parker over both. 

17 minutes ago, cyberwatty said:

Id take him over Maclin

Why? 

I just dont see Parker being useful unless Landry goes down. 

Edited by boltup15

Any success Parker has had was with Landry in the lineup ..

If Landry goes down and Parker is completely healthy he is returning incredible value at his ADP.. Even with Landry and Stills healthy Parker has a chance to be a steal, just bc they paid stills doesn't mean he will be leaps and bounds better and Landry has shown zero nose for the end zone. I'm a Parker fan boy, but I truly believe his 3rd year break out is a lot more possible considering he is healthy and under Adam Fn Gase for the second year. I would say they got their point across on his issues last year and if we see any improvement at all his ADP is worth it. 

My guess is they are not going to kill Ajayi in his 2nd year as a starter, just enough to be what they base their offense off of.. His knees could blow any time, which anyone's could, but Adam Gass knows how to get the pass game going and he knows how to score TDs so I have confidence Parker will improve from last years numbers maybe even significantly 

7 hours ago, aadam said:

Adam Fn Gase for the second year.

Do you realize what Adam Gase did to this offense? He took control of Ryan Tannehill and limited what Tannehill was allowed to do. There's a reason his pass attempts drops so radically when compared to the season prior. Gase did the same thing to Cutler. Parker is basically a handcuff for Landry. And then Carroo comes in. 

8 hours ago, aadam said:

My guess is they are not going to kill Ajayi in his 2nd year as a starter, just enough to be what they base their offense off of.. His knees could blow any time, which anyone's could...

Typically when guys have a clock, teams ride them into the ground and move on.  You don't score TDs for compassion.

They were wildly successful running the ball with Ajayi.  Is Ezekiel Elliot going to get limited touches this year, too?  David Johnson?  

On 6/16/2017 at 5:17 PM, Elwood333 said:

"Chris Conley is also in his 3rd year. I missed him from my earlier list and his opportunity really improved." 

The 3rd year wideout I really like the most (to break) is Cameron Meredith. The Bears love this kid & he's a local product, watch out for him! Jamison Crowder is another one, some feel his production is capped and perhaps so, but I think he's a good candidate for 1,000/10.   

4 hours ago, boltup15 said:

Parker is basically a handcuff for Landry. And then Carroo comes in. 

So carroo is just jumping stills even tho he has shown nothing so far? There has been no point where Parker has just looked like Landrys handcuff and I think you are mistaken if you don't see that he was drafted to be so much more than that and they will try to get it out of him regardless 

Edited by aadam

4 hours ago, Mad_Jens said:

Typically when guys have a clock, teams ride them into the ground and move on.  You don't score TDs for compassion.

They were wildly successful running the ball with Ajayi.  Is Ezekiel Elliot going to get limited touches this year, too?  David Johnson?  

I didn't say anything about zeke or dj and furthermore they are on a different level.. We will see but I think the 350 carry talk is more to keep teams preparing like it will be the same game plan as last year.. We will see, but by no means does every team or player have to follow every trend that we think is definitely going to happen.  It's crazy to assume it will 

55 minutes ago, aadam said:

So carroo is just jumping stills even tho he has shown nothing so far? There has been no point where Parker has just looked like Landrys handcuff and I think you are mistaken if you don't see that he was drafted to be so much more than that and they will try to get it out of him regardless 

Like I said if Landry gets hurt than Carroo comes in and takes the slot most likely. Parker is a "WR handcuff" because he's not going to realize his talent (see targets) until Landry gets hurt. 

Edited by boltup15

45 minutes ago, aadam said:

I didn't say anything about zeke or dj and furthermore they are on a different level..

It's the same scenario, is my point.  He's a focal point of the offense, and there's no reason they would scale him back.  

And just so you know, Jay Ajayi ran for more yards on fewer carries than David Johnson last season. 

Edited by Mad_Jens