Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

auri

Fantasy Strategy Thread

On 7/19/2018 at 3:13 PM, MireLurker said:

I'm just noticing now how drastic some of my players Day / Night splits are... I'm thinking we need to pay more attention to this. We're always looking at Home/Away and RHP/LHP, but I don't think we value Day/Night equally... the sample size is the same.

This was really brought to my attention during Pedro Alvarez's peak days in Pittsburgh (2014-15 ish) . He was a beat in day games, so so at night. 

Have been looking at splits since. Most guys are not drastic and the sample sizes are much smaller for DGs, but you certainly run across must-start or should-bench options. Same with pitchers, the ultimate creatures of habit. Day games really mess with some players. 

On 7/19/2018 at 3:48 PM, duke of queens said:

I remember reading something about blue-eyed players don't play as well during the day do to the glare of the sun. I think Josh Hamilton had a big issue with this.

Biologic truth to this. In general, brown eyed people see better during the day due to excess melanin which absorb more light. Conversely, light eyed people (blue and green) see better at night because more light makes it to their iris.