Ffguy0087

Allen Robinson 2017 Season Outlook

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

yeah. But this guy is garbage. Drafting him last year was a mistake you should have learned from this year. And his injury is actually saving you from starting him over the next WR on your bench.

Lol what're you talking about. Robinson is definitely not garbage, the only garbage here is your take. There was a reason he was getting drafted around the 1/2 turn last year. The unquestioned focal point of the passing offense with a QB who has shown he will feed him targets. You can't blame anyone for drafting him in the 5th round with the talent/opportunity and a guy just entering his prime, you wouldn't find many better better bounce back candidates 48 hours ago. It was just unlucky. S**t like this happens unfortunately 

Edited by TrueToTheBlue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched a lot of ARob last year and I wish I could forget all of it. 

It's true Bortles was a big problem. But ARob didn't get nearly as much of the blame as he deserved. 

Dropped balls, turning TD passes into INTs, failing to beat guys one-on-one, mediocre route running. 

Trust me, this injury is a blessing if you drafted him because now you can't make the mistake of starting him over your next WR. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I watched a lot of ARob last year and I wish I could forget all of it. 

It's true Bortles was a big problem. But ARob didn't get nearly as much of the blame as he deserved. 

Dropped balls, turning TD passes into INTs, failing to beat guys one-on-one, mediocre route running. 

Trust me, this injury is a blessing if you drafted him because now you can't make the mistake of starting him over your next WR. 

 

With 3 dropped balls last year on 151 targets, he was tied with Larry Fitzgerald in dropped ball percentage at ~2%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, augustine said:

 

With 3 dropped balls last year on 151 targets, he was tied with Larry Fitzgerald in dropped ball percentage at ~2%.

I personally watched him drop way more than 3 balls. But hey, anyone who can read "3 drops" somewhere on the internet and actually believe it, probably isn't worth arguing with. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said, I know you read that somewhere on the internet. But anyone who watched even a few Jaguars games last year knows that Alen Robinson dropped way more than 3 catchable balls last year. The only question would be what you consider a drop vs. uncatchable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Like I said, I know you read that somewhere on the internet. But anyone who watched even a few Jaguars games last year knows that Alen Robinson dropped way more than 3 catchable balls last year. The only question would be what you consider a drop vs. uncatchable.

I'm not the same guy. I'm going to listen to an internet site that tracks football statistics over some guy on an internet forum who rejects stats because they don't fit with his preconceived narrative. Stop wasting our time with this BS. No one cares what you saw. No one believes what you saw.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you serious? 

ARob caught 73 of 151 targets last year. That's 78 incompletions out of 151 targets.

Now granted a "drop" can be a subjective judgment. But only the worst of morons could possibly believe that only 3 of those 78 incompletions were catchable "drops". 

Like I said, I'm not salty at all, since I didn't draft him. 

But can see why some of you did if you can believe a ridiculous "statistic" like only 3 of 78 incomplete balls were catchable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

Are you serious? 

ARob caught 73 of 151 targets last year. That's 78 incompletions out of 151 targets.

Now granted a "drop" can be a subjective judgment. But only the worst of morons could possibly believe that only 3 of those 78 incompletions were catchable "drops". 

Like I said, I'm not salty at all, since I didn't draft him. 

But can see why some of you did if you can believe a ridiculous "statistic" like only 3 of 78 incomplete balls were catchable. 

 

Did you see some of Bortles' throws last year?  I believe it. lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...