Ffguy0087

Allen Robinson 2017 Season Outlook

10 hours ago, Tcann66 said:

Bottles threw 5 INT's today during 7 on 7 drill. Marrone was obviously not pleased. Is this good for Robinson? Maybe they make the QB switch before season starts or early on, or is this our warning sign to bail on AR this year because Bortles has not improved whatsoever?

Yeah but how many TDs did he throw during the last five minutes of the drill? :lol:

I can't believe people are going to fall for him this year. I'll trade for him if Bortles gets benched. 

Not sure about this guy anymore. All signs are starting to point to no.

Edited by mikeflavaz

Blake Bortles has struggled in camp but Allen Robinson is looking good...

Current ADP WR#15. He is in the tier with Brandin Cook, DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, etc....

Jaguars new cornerback A.J. Bouye told reporters that Allen Robinson has "been a chore" in training camp and that he's been the toughest wide receiver to cover. (Source: ESPN)

26 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Blake Bortles has struggled in camp but Allen Robinson is looking good...

Current ADP WR#15. He is in the tier with Brandin Cook, DeAndre Hopkins, Demaryius Thomas, etc....

Jaguars new cornerback A.J. Bouye told reporters that Allen Robinson has "been a chore" in training camp and that he's been the toughest wide receiver to cover. (Source: ESPN)

As someone who owned Robinson in both my leagues last year don't get fooled by camp. Last year there were videos floating around of Robinson breaking guys and making incredible catches that sent the hype into overdrive. He went from DND to a stupid second round pick for me. Drafting WRs with terrible QBs is a headache waiting to happen. Bortles is damn pathetic. 

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

As someone who owned Robinson in both my leagues last year don't get fooled by camp. Last year there were videos floating around of Robinson breaking guys and making incredible catches that sent the hype into overdrive. He went from DND to a stupid second round pick for me. Drafting WRs with terrible QBs is a headache waiting to happen. Bortles is damn pathetic. 

This was the thinking this time a year ago after many saw him in the preseason

And of course, the head cheeeader himself:

42 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I drafted him after he fell to me (after planning to draft Bell in my mocks) at 11th and the entire year was just frustrating. He cost me multiple weeks and I ended up having him on the bench when he went off at the end of the season.

I'm perfectly fine letting him blow up on someone else's team this year if that's what happens (I don't think it will). He's been going in the mid-to-late 3rd in the PPR mocks I've done and it just doesn't make sense to risk an early pick given the other proven WRs being drafted around him. 

Edited by Edgeraid

I'd love to get a share or two of him this year... in the 4th round. Any higher than that and I wouldn't even consider it though.

AROB and Hopkins are two guys that many took at the 1-2 turn last year. Now, you could potentially double up on those two at the 3-4 turn this year. 

I don't know why I was watching the jags in week 16 and 17 last year....but AROB looked good. 

1 hour ago, Tenner said:

AROB and Hopkins are two guys that many took at the 1-2 turn last year. Now, you could potentially double up on those two at the 3-4 turn this year. 

I don't know why I was watching the jags in week 16 and 17 last year....but AROB looked good. 

Arob is good.   Very good.   And still getting better. 

His QB on the other hand...can't wait to see if he's cleaned up his mechanics.

10 hours ago, Gohawks said:

I went thru this with Hopkins last year with Osweiller. I actually had both Robinson and Hopkins.. terrible 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:52 PM, Dislimb said:

I'd love to get a share or two of him this year... in the 4th round. Any higher than that and I wouldn't even consider it though.

In what world is he going in the 4th round though. He's ranked in the mid 20's on FP and mid 30's on ESPN......

On 8/9/2017 at 1:56 AM, 96mnc said:

Arob is good.   Very good.   And still getting better. 

His QB on the other hand...can't wait to see if he's cleaned up his mechanics.

All comes down to Bortles. Which I don't believe is going to be improved. I think Hopkins bounces back this season with better QB play over Osweiler. ARob is going to be hit or miss with Bortles at the helm.

His ADP has dropped (on FFC) over the past 10 days a good 6-8 spots. He's now started dipping into the mid-4th range. I still have a hard time taking him because of Bortles, but if I've already got 2 wr's I like I don't see an issue with taking a shot on him as a wr3/flex. He does have the upside for 1,000 yards and 10 td's. I'll still be passing on A-Rob for Crabtree/Bryant/Tate, but the more his price drops the better of a shot he is. 

1 hour ago, bgar15 said:

In what world is he going in the 4th round though. He's ranked in the mid 20's on FP and mid 30's on ESPN......

His ADP is early 4th round on FFC.

22 minutes ago, Dislimb said:

His ADP is early 4th round on FFC.

All of this info is completely irrelevant unless you include format and league size. People bicker all the time about value or ADP and it turns out one is arguing his standard 10 teamer while the other is talking about his full point PPR 14 team league. Context is important but gets overlooked because a lot just assume value and ADP is universal to every leagur and it isn't.

I realize some form of PPR 12 teamer is seen as the standard, but my point still stands. It happens way too often. The Doug Baldwin thread showcases a lot of this nonsense.

Edited by Ffguy0087

I freaking love AR15 the WR, he is a total package of greatness. That said I am setting him free in my 16 team PPR (have to keep one as your 1sr Rd and up to 3 total). I just can't stomach Bortles coupled with a mega shift in offense and better D. I just hope he can get free after this year and go to a team that can allow him to be the star he can be.

I think AR15 could be one of those trap players this year where people pass and he actually has a year that looks like what everyone hoped for last year,  just because that's how things work out. I think bortles is flukey overall, but when he's clicking its pretty decent.. Just never know with fantasy, I'm hoping to land Robinson in least 1 or 2 leagues.. 

Did Bortles even target him tonight other than that terrible ball at the back of the endzone?  Didn't even look like he was looking his way

1 hour ago, biggquis said:

Did Bortles even target him tonight other than that terrible ball at the back of the endzone?  Didn't even look like he was looking his way

Umm, it's a preseason game. Bortles threw 5 passes and targeted ARob once. There's nothing to glean from that. In fact, if 20% of his targets go to ARob, that's just fine. 

More concerning is the fact that Jacksonville ran the ball 37 times and threw only 18. There is zero chance they can sustain that kind of run/pass ratio in the regular season, but it looks like they will indeed to leaning heavily on the ground game. 

33 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Umm, it's a preseason game. Bortles threw 5 passes and targeted ARob once. There's nothing to glean from that. In fact, if 20% of his targets go to ARob, that's just fine. 

More concerning is the fact that Jacksonville ran the ball 37 times and threw only 18. There is zero chance they can sustain that kind of run/pass ratio in the regular season, but it looks like they will indeed to leaning heavily on the ground game. 

Not really fine. 20% you are looking at 120 targets if not less with where the Jaguars are headed. Probably 110. Since Bortles is utter trash that's probably 70 receptions at best. More likely 65. 

It's preseason so it doesn't matter but in the regular season that won't fly. His YPR should be around 15 if all goes well. With 20% target share you are still looking at under 1,000 yards as a very very likely outcome. You'd want him around 25% if not more. Which would get him a little over 1,200 yards and hopefully his TDs rise. This is also assuming he can actually make some catches going real deep and hit 15 YPC. Which for a player like him shouldn't be unusual.

Overall he is still most likely a DND. Bortles is garbage. Garbage QB = All WRs DND for me from that team. Way too much has to go right for that WR to deliver. Mainly the QB getting zoned in on them.

24 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Not really fine. 20% you are looking at 120 targets if not less with where the Jaguars are headed. Probably 110. Since Bortles is utter trash that's probably 70 receptions at best. More likely 65. 

It's preseason so it doesn't matter but in the regular season that won't fly. His YPR should be around 15 if all goes well. With 20% target share you are still looking at under 1,000 yards as a very very likely outcome. You'd want him around 25% if not more. Which would get him a little over 1,200 yards and hopefully his TDs rise. This is also assuming he can actually make some catches going real deep and hit 15 YPC. Which for a player like him shouldn't be unusual.

Overall he is still most likely a DND. Bortles is garbage. Garbage QB = All WRs DND for me from that team. Way too much has to go right for that WR to deliver. Mainly the QB getting zoned in on them.

Robinson has had exactly 151 targets for two straight years. In this offense, that number seems likely to come down. I'd probably say 125 is more likely. You're right, that probably puts him around 70 catches if he and Bortles don't suck. If all goes well, that could end up giving him a line of something like 70/1000/10. Those are great WR2 numbers (and what I've consistently been predicting for ARob for several pages of this thread).