Ffguy0087

Allen Robinson 2017 Season Outlook

On 8/9/2017 at 0:00 AM, Can't Win said:

I went thru this with Hopkins last year with Osweiller. I actually had both Robinson and Hopkins.. terrible 

Same and I had to keep both of them this year. I've been watching 2015 highlights of them rocking back and forth to make myself feel better... last year was an anomoly right...RIGHT??!?!

On 8/10/2017 at 2:06 PM, bgar15 said:

In what world is he going in the 4th round though. He's ranked in the mid 20's on FP and mid 30's on ESPN......

He is going in the mid-4th on FFC, has been for some time.

PgTZbe6.png

cIA6bZN.png

Was able to get him in my 3rd round (in a 14-teamer), i think 34th overall...

I feel good about taking him. I figure you're not going to find too many WRs past the 3rd round who have a chance to see 150+ targets come their way.

The icing on the cake? JAX is tied (on paper) with TEN for having a Top-3 EASIEST schedule in the league.

Combined Opponents winning % was .439.....aka...opponents combined averaged a 7-9 record last season. Meanwhile, teams like DEN have the worst schedule, as their opponent's combined winning % was .570...essentially Denver is playing against 9-7 teams.

I figure Bortles can't be much worse than last year anyways.

8 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Was able to get him in my 3rd round (in a 14-teamer), i think 34th overall...

I feel good about taking him. I figure you're not going to find too many WRs past the 3rd round who have a chance to see 150+ targets come their way.

The icing on the cake? JAX is tied (on paper) with TEN for having a Top-3 EASIEST schedule in the league.

Combined Opponents winning % was .439.....aka...opponents combined averaged a 7-9 record last season. Meanwhile, teams like DEN have the worst schedule, as their opponent's combined winning % was .570...essentially Denver is playing against 9-7 teams.

I figure Bortles can't be much worse than last year anyways.

his draft spot will plummet now that Mathew berry has him on the hate list

I know its preseason and the guy is playing against scrubs... but Allen clearly looks more serviceable than Bortles. If Allen or Henne were given the keys I would be tempted to buy some AR15 shares. 

19 minutes ago, Tcann66 said:

I know its preseason and the guy is playing against scrubs... but Allen clearly looks more serviceable than Bortles. If Allen or Henne were given the keys I would be tempted to buy some AR15 shares. 

Agreed.  If you were to look up the word "suck" in the dictionary, you would find a picture of Bortles.  Definition would read, better than this.

Well the good thing is that JAX will likely be playing from behind a lot, so lots of passing late in the game.

I don't know what to make of Bortles though...Missed AR15 on at least two 15-yard gains this game on what should have been wide open passes.

The targets are there. It's just a matter of whether Bortles can hit those targets.

19 minutes ago, CORTEz said:

Well the good thing is that JAX will likely be playing from behind a lot, so lots of passing late in the game.

I don't know what to make of Bortles though...Missed AR15 on at least two 15-yard gains this game on what should have been wide open passes.

The targets are there. It's just a matter of whether Bortles can hit those targets.

Bortles can't hit the side of a barn from the inside much less a WR that's moving. 

Word out this morning is that Marrone is quoted as saying the QB job is up for grabs, and Henne could win it due to Bortles' poor play. I don't know a ton about Henne, but he has to be an upgrade, right? 

How much would that bump ARob up your draft lists?

3 hours ago, CORTEz said:

Yup, that was the problem last year as well. It wasn't all just him though, even when Bortles managed to put it in a place where the WR could catch it, they'd drop it. 

1 hour ago, handyandy86 said:

Word out this morning is that Marrone is quoted as saying the QB job is up for grabs, and Henne could win it due to Bortles' poor play. I don't know a ton about Henne, but he has to be an upgrade, right? 

How much would that bump ARob up your draft lists?

Ehhh I would like to say Henne is better but he is definitely a downgrade in general, or more like a worse sidegrade. Things could change though. Not sure if Henne would be as reliable as Bortles is in garbage time, which is oddly when Bortles shines the most. 

1 hour ago, HamMach1 said:

Ehhh I would like to say Henne is better but he is definitely a downgrade in general, or more like a worse sidegrade. Things could change though. Not sure if Henne would be as reliable as Bortles is in garbage time, which is oddly when Bortles shines the most. 

Everything I hear and see with Bortles is just horrible accuracy.  Henne has to be somewhat of an improvement in that area, right?  Right??

3 hours ago, handyandy86 said:

Everything I hear and see with Bortles is just horrible accuracy.  Henne has to be somewhat of an improvement in that area, right?  Right??

I want to think this too, but I'm honestly not sure.

If I remember correctly, Henne had two passes dropped that would have been TDs.  He also seemed more accurate than Bortles.  Which, really isn't hard to do.  If Henne gets the starting job, which he absolutely should, I would say ARob gets a slight boost.  

6 minutes ago, dre said:

If I remember correctly, Henne had two passes dropped that would have been TDs.  He also seemed more accurate than Bortles.  Which, really isn't hard to do.  If Henne gets the starting job, which he absolutely should, I would say ARob gets a slight boost.  

I'm not so sure it's a boost to ARob at all and I'm probably going to downgrade him and the entire JAX offense.  At least with Bortles we knew that he was going to feed ARob ridiculous amount of targets while with Henne we have no idea.  The entire 3rd round WR group is imploding and at this point I may just rank them according to QB (DAdams, Crabtree, KAllen, Jeffery, DT, ARob/Hopkins/Watson all tied)

11 minutes ago, dre said:

One of which was ARob...

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

I'm not so sure it's a boost to ARob at all and I'm probably going to downgrade him and the entire JAX offense.  At least with Bortles we knew that he was going to feed ARob ridiculous amount of targets while with Henne we have no idea.  The entire 3rd round WR group is imploding and at this point I may just rank them according to QB (DAdams, Crabtree, KAllen, Jeffery, DT, ARob/Hopkins/Watson all tied)

I hear you but if we look at Henne's history, it might help us a bit in projecting his future.  

In 2010, when Henne started 14 games for the Dolphins, Brandon Marshall had 147 targets.  Obviously there is a gap of 2 games in there but that is a healthy amount of targets that Henne gave Marshall.  The only other decent sample for Henne was when he started 13 games for the Jags in 2013.  But they were abysmal that year so I can't count that.  

If Henne can turn back the clock to his 2010 season, ARob might still get a very healthy amount of targets.

7 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

One of which was ARob...

haha, that is correct.

10 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Henne fed Blackmon years ago.  Granted he's older now...

Currently going as WR25, Pick 58 on ESPN.  MORE than happy to take him in that range.  If his ADP keeps falling, even better.   

1 hour ago, cothane said:

Currently going as WR25, Pick 58 on ESPN.  MORE than happy to take him in that range.  If his ADP keeps falling, even better.   

Go for it.  I'm still staying away though.  From a fantasy perspective he was useless last year (mainly due to Bortles) and it doesn't look like much has changed.  There's no way I'd have confidence starting him.

5 minutes ago, lightweight3 said:

Go for it.  I'm still staying away though.  From a fantasy perspective he was useless last year (mainly due to Bortles) and it doesn't look like much has changed.  There's no way I'd have confidence starting him.

He was far from useless last year (and I was an owner in keeper). He had that brutal 4 week stretch from week 11-14 that killed a lot people, but he finished exactly at WR25 in PPR. He just wasn't the WR1 that he was drafted to be and that he was in 2015. 

Last year couldn't have been much worse and he still ended up putting up fringe WR2 numbers. I hate Bortles too and I don't think he gets back to 2015 numbers, but WR25 is reasonable investment.