Ffguy0087

Allen Robinson 2017 Season Outlook

16 minutes ago, stopmakingsense said:

So what you're saying is.... 1500/16

RW forums never forget. 

Henne starts tonight, I have a feeling the ARob stock goes up a little after tonight, which isn't good for my weekend draft. I am thinking of targeting his as my WR2. 

2 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

btFcAl.jpg

Thanks for the reminder.  I had almost forgotten having that battle of the posts last year.  1500 and 16.  One of the dumber things I remember being predicted, especially with how badly that blew up in his face.  Its no wonder he doesn't post here anymore.  How can you grand stand on "I'm the best ever" when you might actually be the worst ever and it's now proven.

Yeah, sorry about being a year early on that one, guys.  Sometimes my crystal ball gets focused further down the road than I think it is.  Same thing happened with Devante Parker.

Oh well, dynasty owners are thanking me now, anyway.

5 hours ago, Onyx said:

Bortles pass would have been intercepted or hit the camera man in the back of the EZ. 

If you watch closely, Henne's pass DID hit the camera man in the back of the EZ.

8 minutes ago, Axe Elf said:

Yeah, sorry about being a year early on that one, guys.  Sometimes my crystal ball gets focused further down the road than I think it is.  Same thing happened with Devante Parker.

Oh well, dynasty owners are thanking me now, anyway.

They are?  What have you done for them?

Just going to have to own this one, brotha.  You were WAY off on ARob.  Like not even in the stratosphere.  If there was anyone dumb enough to invest the insanely high dynasty pick based on your assessment is cursing you right now. 

So does everyone in this forum think Fournette is a lock for RB1 production? 

I really think if Fournette is as good as his ADP then A Rob should see an uptick as well (from 2016). If a team can run the ball it relieves the pressure off the passing game.  If Fournette is good I could see A Rob having a 1000/7TD season. The only thing that would keep him from something like that would be Henne targeting a different WR like Lee or Westbrook. I do think whether it's Bortles or Henne, one WR of that crew will be heavily targeted and relied on. 

I am an A-Rob owner, (owned him last year too) and maybe I am just pumping him up in my mind but last season he put up numbers relative to his current APD  till week 10 beside's that game on week 7 with 0 points in standard. He was the 20th ranked WR from weeks 1-10 including a bye week and a game with 0. Does that stat matter? Probably not, I just think last season is WORST CASE scenario. Best case scenario is probably 1200/10tds which will not happen unless they connect on garbage time again. 

A Rob should be selected in the top 20 WR's this year. Maybe 20th, but I think his age, being the WR1 on his team, actually talented, and peppered with targets gives him a solid chance to beat or produce his current ADP.

Edited by SuperHans

3 hours ago, SuperHans said:

So does everyone in this forum think Fournette is a lock for RB1 production? 

I really think if Fournette is as good as his ADP then A Rob should see an uptick as well (from 2016). If a team can run the ball it relieves the pressure off the passing game.  If Fournette is good I could see A Rob having a 1000/7TD season. The only thing that would keep him from something like that would be Henne targeting a different WR like Lee or Westbrook. I do think whether it's Bortles or Henne, one WR of that crew will be heavily targeted and relied on. 

I am an A-Rob owner, (owned him last year too) and maybe I am just pumping him up in my mind but last season he put up numbers relative to his current APD  till week 10 beside's that game on week 7 with 0 points in standard. He was the 20th ranked WR from weeks 1-10 including a bye week and a game with 0. Does that stat matter? Probably not, I just think last season is WORST CASE scenario. Best case scenario is probably 1200/10tds which will not happen unless they connect on garbage time again. 

A Rob should be selected in the top 20 WR's this year. Maybe 20th, but I think his age, being the WR1 on his team, actually talented, and peppered with targets gives him a solid chance to beat or produce his current ADP.

I have him as my 15th ranked receiver and I have Leonard as the 10th ranked RB. 

I'm officially moving him into Sammy Watkins territory right behind Martavis and Diggs.  He'll still make highlight reel plays like he did tonight because he's incredibly talented but I don't know why anyone would want a piece of this offense.

11 minutes ago, MariGOATA said:

I think Fournette sucks. But thats just my opinion.

Not just yours..

Bortles experiment continues. Does this change when one takes AR? He is going around the Benjamin/Fitz/Diggs/Landry group. 

If I'm Jacksonville I start the third string rookie qb as soon as the season is going down the tubes in like week 5/6 regardless if I start it with Bortles/Henne....   This way you see if he can blossom into a starter, or you continue to lose games and set yourself up to draft one of the monsters coming out next year in what looks like a pretty nice qb draft....

If I'm ARob it would take dramatic changes to keep me in jax after this season,  I would much rather head to a team with a good qb so I can return to the top 5ish wr status where I belong...

Henne may be a slight upgrade for jax but I think he may be a downgrade for AR15...   Bottles passes may suck but at least he chucks tons of them at Robinson, when Henne was in the game he was spreading it around... 

As someone who has ARob in dynasty I hope it's either Sam Darnold throwing him the ball in Jax, or its somewhere else with an established qb like Indy if Moncrief continues being made of glass.... 

Owning AR15 in dynasty leagues will pay off considering he is still so young and has already put up a monster season displaying what he is capable of...

For redrafts I get the hate, but people in dynasty/keeper leagues picking guys like Pryor over him will be salty starting as soon as next season even if this year Bottles holds him back again...

Now let's everyone get back to worshipping at the altar of Alshon Jeff err Michael Thomas who seemingly everyone is convinced will be a top 7ish wr without Marshall err Cooks, even though last year he rarely if ever was gameplanned for with Cooks being the one defenses worried about...

2 hours ago, burninglegs said:

Bortles experiment continues. Does this change when one takes AR? He is going around the Benjamin/Fitz/Diggs/Landry group. 

bortles has at least shown that he can support high end receiver production, whereas henne has not. moreover, bortles has shown the willingness to pepper arob with targets. therefore, i see this as a positive development, and will be taking him in the 4-5th as a wr2.

Edited by augustine

Yeah, I do like Bortles more for A Rob.

I also think both Bortles and Henne sucks, Jags might as well play the younger guy. Still a decent pick at his ADP. Even lower he's a good grab.

Edited by SuperHans

Anyone actually bullish on him this year? I'm having serious buyer's remorse after taking him 44th overall in a draft yesterday. Maybe the offense will look completely different with Fournette on the field...

I still like Robinson because you know he will get tons of looks in the red zone (if they can get there). Having Fournette will surely help them move up the field to make that possible.