ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

Is he the number one guy this year in Tennessee? Mularkey talked about how his going to use him inside and out. Im not high on him, especially after Titans just drafted another WR in the 3rd! Besides, you still got Mathews

8 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Is he the number one guy this year in Tennessee? Mularkey talked about how his going to use him inside and out. Im not high on him, especially after Titans just drafted another WR in the 3rd! Besides, you still got Mathews

Yes

You don't draft a WR with the #5 overall pick for him to be the WR2 on your team. 

TEN is dominating these past two drafts. 

1 hour ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

What makes you "not high" on the best receiver in this year's draft?

3 hours ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

The fact they used the #5 pick and a third rounder on WRs tells you all you need to know about Mathews.

5 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Yes

You don't draft a WR with the #5 overall pick for him to be the WR2 on your team. 

TEN is dominating these past two drafts. 

I wouldnt call it "dominating" they reached with the first two picks.

4 hours ago, Winky said:

What makes you "not high" on the best receiver in this year's draft?

Beacause its a run first team, and they just added two recievers in this yrs draft, plus you got Walker. Too many mouths to feed.

Not a big Mariota fan. But watching Davis on tape, he looks like a game-changing superstar. I'm grabbing him in every league I can.

1 minute ago, dabeesta17 said:

Not a big Mariota fan. But watching Davis on tape, he looks like a game-changing superstar. I'm grabbing him in every league I can.

Mariota doesnt throw deep all that much. Hes a guy that will throw intermediate passes all day. He could be a top 10 QB in fantasy this year, but hes too injury prone.

I think going Lattimore and Howard would be better for them. 

Davis will be interesting to own though. Where will his ADP land?

Edited by Gohawks

13 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I think going Lattimore and Howard would be better for them. 

Davis will be interesting to own though. Where will his ADP land?

Lattimore would of been too much of a risk for a 5th pick. But Titans should of got the best player in the draft and that is Jamal Adams

35 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

No, they got 2 studs. You should know better after you questioned their Conklin rd 1 pick last year. 

Steve Smith Sr and too many people are talking highly of this kid. 

I got my eye on Mariota this season. 

54 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Beacause its a run first team, and they just added two recievers in this yrs draft, plus you got Walker. Too many mouths to feed.

They were a run first team because they had a young QB and a bunch of mediocre WRs, and to many mouths to feed is laughable.

27 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

No, they got 2 studs. You should know better after you questioned their Conklin rd 1 pick last year. 

Ms Joshua, I was talking about the first two picks this year. Not last yr. Learn to read.

Edited by ChasinDatPaper

27 minutes ago, ChasinDatPaper said:

Ms Joshua, I was talking about the first two picks this year. Not last yr. Learn to read.

He knows, the Titans picked up two studs, as he mentioned - then questioned your judgement on draft picks by bringing up I guess a similar complaint from last year. ZzzzZZz

4 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Steve Smith Sr and too many people are talking highly of this kid. 

I got my eye on Mariota this season. 

Careful.... he said Cooper kupp was his Wr1 this year

On 4/29/2017 at 1:23 PM, ChasinDatPaper said:

Corey Davis wasn't a reach.  He's the best WR prospect since A. Cooper.

Jackson could be looked at as a reach.  He's an excellent prospect though.

Not sure he can separate from top CBs.  I'd give him a year to develop.  Might be able to start against softer defenses.  First few games, he'll get lots of attention from defenses.

Najee Murray got kicked out of Ohio State (can't find why), transferred to Kent State, and graded out as a top 4 CB last year (Undrafted free agent with CLE).  

Murray held opposing QBs who threw at him to a QB rating under 30.  Yes, 30.  When he played Western Michigan last year, Corey Davis had one catch for 18 yards. 

On 4/29/2017 at 4:24 PM, ChasinDatPaper said:

Does anyone draft first year WRs expecting a significant return?

Corey Davis' redraft value is fantasy WR3 level, at best.

His keeper and dynasty values are much, much higher.

I think this player is tremendous...

5 minutes ago, Winky said:

Randy Moss, ODB, Julio Jones, Mike Evans, Calvin Johnson

Just to name a few.

Top 5 picks, in particular, are expected to contribute immediately.  Anything short of 1000 yards / 6-8 TDs from a top 5 draft pick is a disappointment.

Coming from the MAC.  I'm concerned scouts are giving his tape too much credit.

46 minutes ago, Winky said:

His value comes with the idea that he is pro ready, so yes.
Also, similar to awful kelvin benjamin, he may get the volume to the point where it won't matter how inefficient he is.

I think people are slightly underrating Rishard maybe even the Titans. I like Davis but I think its plausible that the Titans could support two receivers and that Matthews has at least some potential to stay as the primary target. Davis could blow up but he is an unquantifiable product at this point. And if two rounds separate them post selecting a starter line up I would comfortably take the flyer with the potential Davis ends up not translating and Matthews garners the catches. That is in the realm of possibility let alone them haveing marginal separation in production. 

2 hours ago, nonstripedzebra said:

I think people are slightly underrating Rishard maybe even the Titans. I like Davis but I think its plausible that the Titans could support two receivers and that Matthews has at least some potential to stay as the primary target. Davis could blow up but he is an unquantifiable product at this point. And if two rounds separate them post selecting a starter line up I would comfortably take the flyer with the potential Davis ends up not translating and Matthews garners the catches. That is in the realm of possibility let alone them haveing marginal separation in production. 

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9385/marcus-mariota

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7667/rishard-matthews

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/stats/_/name/ten

Mariota was a top 5 QB from weeks 5-12.  Maybe even QB1?  Matthews caught 7 of his 21 TD passes over the span.

Matthews finished WR 11 last year.  His current ADP is WR32 (7.07).  Why?  Davis (ADP 52) will go up and drive Matthews' ADP even lower.  

Kendall Wright is gone.  2nd year Tajae Sharpe loses a lot of his 83 unproductive targets.

Top targets are Davis, Matthews, and Walker.

When draft day rolls around, Matthews should a very solid value pick.

Looks like I'm going:

4-Martin (lost all his guaranteed $$)

5-Stewart (No Tolbert, CamCussion)

6-Perkins (1a is gone, now it's just him)

7-Matthews (easy schedule, Mariota likes him)

Maybe I draft a top 4 QB this year?