ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

4 hours ago, jspeed said:

Corey Davis looks like a real good player in a not good situation.  A lot of mouths to feed on a run-first team with an inaccurate QB.

Yep. He doesn't have any upside in that offense. FF is as much about situation/opportunity than it is talent

He got 22% target share week 10 good for 10 targets and 21% this week for 7 targets.  Titans are 9th highest in pass/run split in their last 3 games, and 21st for the season.  The picks vs the Steelers didn't help none but really the problem is the reception rate.  Sub 50% when guys with similar ypc and target share are doing 75%.  I think the situation is good they just need to start connecting better.  Not a chance I'll sit him vs Indy.

25 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

He got 22% target share week 10 good for 10 targets and 21% this week for 7 targets.  Titans are 9th highest in pass/run split in their last 3 games, and 21st for the season.  The picks vs the Steelers didn't help none but really the problem is the reception rate.  Sub 50% when guys with similar ypc and target share are doing 75%.  I think the situation is good they just need to start connecting better.  Not a chance I'll sit him vs Indy.

Play him against Indy? You're asking to get burned.

6 hours ago, DidiFan said:

He's a rookie wr who has missed 5 weeks of the season. That probably has a lot to do with his inconsistencies/ lack of rapport with Mariota.

Not just that, he missed almost all of OTAs, training camp, and preseason.

It looks bad right now.  Let's see how it looks when they play teams that can't pressure the QB.

Glad this was a TNF game so I can watch the whole thing. I might've tried to hold out hope had I just saw the scoreline and some highlights, but witnessing this offense in action couldn't be more convinced its time to turn the page on yet another hype product.

18 hours ago, Deadpool said:

Play him against Indy? You're asking to get burned.

No it is when the sun and the moon align that you burn your eyes if you look at it.  When the stars align...  cool non-burny things happen.

23 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Lets just drop the #7 WR up to this point in standard scoring. Great idea. 

I'm not a big fan on looking at cumullative point rankings as a singular method of determining future roster decisions. There is alot of football to be played and I think you have to analyze 'how' a player scored his points and then what is relevant to that players future production outcomes.

For example funchess is  'ranked' as a wr2 but i traded him for the ravens defense to build my roster for a playoff run. I didn't like certain projected outcomes in term of his future point production based on situation and opportunity vs other wr's I  have such as sterling shepard who is currently ranked below funchess.

I find better succcess in fantasy looking ahead at player projections vs solely looking behind at historical results.

23 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

“My WRs suck”

22 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I'm not a big fan on looking at cumullative point rankings as a singular method of determining future roster decisions. There is alot of football to be played and I think you have to analyze 'how' a player scored his points and then what is relevant to that players future production outcomes.

For example funchess is  'ranked' as a wr2 but i traded him for the ravens defense to build my roster for a playoff run. I didn't like certain projected outcomes in term of his future point production based on situation and opportunity vs other wr's I  have such as sterling shepard who is currently ranked below funchess.

I find better succcess in fantasy looking ahead at player projections vs solely looking behind at historical results.

You do have to look ahead. That said, injuries do happen and it wouldn't be a bad idea to have as many of these guys as possible on the roster. Size of league matters, of course.

8 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

davis will never be a comfortable start this year. so i mean...

Currently he isnt but I usually give emerging wr's 3-5 games to breakout, what hurt corey was a miserable team game against the steelers at home which turned into a blowout. Very little to  glean from that game in terms of projecting future outcome.

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Currently he isnt but I usually give emerging wr's 3-5 games to breakout, what hurt corey was a miserable team game against the steelers at home which turned into a blowout. Very little to  glean from that game in terms of projecting future outcome.

Except being on a run first team that has 2 running backs to feed, a great TE that is their best receiver and not to mention Decker, Matthews and even Taywan taking a target here and there.

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

“My WRs suck”

Nope.  I've been looking forward to this matchup since they declared Davis out for the last one vs Indy.  Maybe some of you guys have burned your Corey Davis rope these past 3 weeks and don't feel like you can fire him up now but that isn't true for everyone.  He topped both AlfMo and Hilton last week, and if he would've held onto the ball into the endzone it would have been even more so.  Davis is an elite talented receiver, Mariota is a good QB, and Indy D sucks.  His targets I'm happy with-- at this point I expected a few more grabs and a score-- but he just had a hard stretch along with a Thursday game, and he did 'okay'.  I'll take Davis next week (week 12) over Tate vs MN and Sanders and DT vs OAK or Hill vs BUF if Sanders and Brock have another solid week this week.

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

Like the Sterling Shepard that’s likely gonna be out vs KC this week? ??

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

I agree but numbers are numbers over halfway through the season. We can keep looking forward to "julio" projections. Till theres nothing left to look forward to. 

Edited by StevenSC400

9 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Like the Sterling Shepard that’s likely gonna be out vs KC this week? ??

yeah but that's why you have depth where u have Tate and trade for Diggs so when you top waiver wr shepard is out you still have 2 solid options to play while u wait for the final results on your Josh gordon and corey davis lottery tickets :D

Edited by dashoe

12 hours ago, Most Guruist said:

Nope.  I've been looking forward to this matchup since they declared Davis out for the last one vs Indy.  Maybe some of you guys have burned your Corey Davis rope these past 3 weeks and don't feel like you can fire him up now but that isn't true for everyone.  He topped both AlfMo and Hilton last week, and if he would've held onto the ball into the endzone it would have been even more so.  Davis is an elite talented receiver, Mariota is a good QB, and Indy D sucks.  His targets I'm happy with-- at this point I expected a few more grabs and a score-- but he just had a hard stretch along with a Thursday game, and he did 'okay'.  I'll take Davis next week (week 12) over Tate vs MN and Sanders and DT vs OAK or Hill vs BUF if Sanders and Brock have another solid week this week.

OK why do people keep making excuses for Davis lack of production due to a “hard stretch “ because those tough matchups sure didn’t seem to bother rishard matthews? The fact is he’s just not on the same page with mariotta and probably won’t the remainder of the year. He’s pretty much the 4th option out there

57 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

OK why do people keep making excuses for Davis lack of production due to a “hard stretch “ because those tough matchups sure didn’t seem to bother rishard matthews? The fact is he’s just not on the same page with mariotta and probably won’t the remainder of the year. He’s pretty much the 4th option out there

the ppl that want to drop CD are the ones that dont have great teams and needed to start him the last couple weeks.  It hasn't went well for ya.

The ppl that are saying to stash are the ones with better teams and have him as a WR 4 or 5 and have been waiting on week 12 and on all along.

if you need to save your season and drop him for a higher floor then go for it.

7 hours ago, savagenatn said:

Targets since Davis's return:

Walker 23

Davis 22

Matthews 20.

Like I said above his reception rate has been disappointing.  No excuses.  Overall I'm not that discouraged though.  I'll still take my original prediction:

So 43/573/5 ros.... I think that's a little high but I don't feel the need to run from it yet.  If his reception rate is bad against Indy I'll be changing my tune.