ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

Matthews being out downgrades Davis if anything. Not too excited for him this week anymore if he doesn’t suit up.

Edited by kidsgotsoul

1 hour ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Matthews being out downgrades Davis if anything. Not too excited for him this week anymore if he doesn’t suit up.

¿?¿? Wat. Explain your theory. Im interested in reading it

4 hours ago, Patsgofor6 said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fancy-stats/wp/2017/11/22/the-best-and-worst-fantasy-football-matchups-for-week-12/?utm_term=.3453448e466f

"The Colts have a bad pass defense overall — eighth-most fantasy points allowed to opposing receivers — but, like the Bears of 2016, they sell out to stop a team’s No. 1 option. In five games against Larry Fitzgerald, Doug Baldwin, A.J. Green, DeAndre Hopkins and Antonio Brown, the Colts have allowed a total of 18 catches for 216 yards and 2 touchdowns, with one of the scores coming from Hopkins in garbage time, a situation the Colts likely won’t be in very often. Rishard Matthews is likely going to be considered the No. 1 for defensive purposes, while Davis is rising — he’s played 91 snaps the past two weeks, compared to 43 for Eric Decker. Expect Matthews to struggle against the Colts, while Davis has his coming-out party."

Obviously, CD isn't in the league of those All-Pros but it's something to think about.

Lets hope Matthews plays?

Do you think Odell, Brown, Thielen, Fitz, Calvin Johnson,  Julio are ever concerned with who is covering them? 

Is Davis special,or not?

Davis has a nice 3 game stretch coming up, it'll be hard to trust him until we see him have 1 good game, banking on potential/breakout especially in his 7th game is a real tall leap of faith this time of year.

3 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

¿?¿? Wat. Explain your theory. Im interested in reading it

Chippa, kidsgot’s post was brief / unexplained, but I think he’s referring to Rashaan Melvin, the only Colt who’s capable of shutting down a WR; Melvin’s been playing very well, and if RMatthews plays Melvin will shadow him and not Davis. Melvin is close to Davis in height / reach, and covering Davis puts a damper on his ceiling, but now isn’t the time we’ve been waiting for, Davis to receive targets under a challenging situation. I’m playing him and expect Davis to meet the challenge.

Rolling with Davis this week with "some" confidence due to the bad Indy D!  if he does well next week will be a tough decision for me between Davis and Josh Gordon...

This stuff gives me a migraine. Do we want Rishard Matthews in or not? If he's in he takes away targets, if hes out Davis draws the top CB, its maddening.

2 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

This stuff gives me a migraine. Do we want Rishard Matthews in or not? If he's in he takes away targets, if hes out Davis draws the top CB, its maddening.

lol, welcome to fantasy football buddy ?

2 hours ago, Dead Money said:

The thing is Davis was getting more targets the past two games, yet Matthews was outproducing him.

It's not the targets that are the problem, it's something else.  And getting the top CB is probably not going to help things.

Corey is just so far behind everyone else in terms of game reps everything is still a little off.

Hopefully it will eventually click.

Evan Silva's analysis is optimistic if it isn't a typo (it is tough to decipher):

"Including Antonio Brown (3/47/0) most recently, the Colts have given No. 1 receivers fits by using top CB Rashaan Melvin in shadow coverage with safety help over the top. This is one possible concern for Davis should Matthews (hamstring) sit, although LWR Davis runs a team-high 55% of his routes opposite of usual LCB Melvin, who has traveled to Davis' primary side just 13% of the time."

PFF lists Melvin as RCB and Davis as LWR, meaning they would clash a lot even if there is no shadow coverage.

Edited by Nap Time

Don't see the typo - Melvin plays LCB when not shadowing.  Silva has it right.

Corey Davis' matchups since returning in Week 9 -- PPR Points Allowed per Game to WRs:

BAL: 2nd-fewest
CIN: 4th-fewest
PIT: 5th-fewest
IND: 7th-most

4 hours ago, herschel said:

Corey Davis' matchups since returning in Week 9 -- PPR Points Allowed per Game to WRs:

BAL: 2nd-fewest
CIN: 4th-fewest
PIT: 5th-fewest
IND: 7th-most

No doubt, this is the game you now want to measure CD on.  I never even thought of playing him the last three. I knew those defenses were great and I had other options.  But this week, with Shepard and Juju out......I NEED A HERO!

9 hours ago, Nap Time said:

Evan Silva's analysis is optimistic if it isn't a typo (it is tough to decipher):

"Including Antonio Brown (3/47/0) most recently, the Colts have given No. 1 receivers fits by using top CB Rashaan Melvin in shadow coverage with safety help over the top. This is one possible concern for Davis should Matthews (hamstring) sit, although LWR Davis runs a team-high 55% of his routes opposite of usual LCB Melvin, who has traveled to Davis' primary side just 13% of the time."

PFF lists Melvin as RCB and Davis as LWR, meaning they would clash a lot even if there is no shadow coverage.

He's saying Melvin rarely plays on the side of the field Davis lines up on the majority of the time.

I see the Titans running all day with Davis receiving marginal volume.

I actually hope Matthews plays. He will be hobbled and probably not involved but the defense will still have to account for him and Delanie, hopefully leaving Corey to have a big game. 

Edited by War10667

Omg lol Matthews is not AJ Green where he is freeing up an entire offense... either Corey Davis is an elite talent as someone posted above or he’s not that simple.