ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Would have been funnier if u used a gif of an actual train! :P

Just goes to show what a disaster the whole situation is!

Mariota kills him. All Mariota can do is throw down the middle of the field. If he played slot wr maybe he’d have a chance.

I don’t think it is time to cut Corey yet....here is why.....

next two games are against Houston and Arizona.  What is it both defenses excel against?  Stopping RBs

what is it both teams are very weak at?  Stopping WRs

if Tenn has any chance to win, they will have to pass some, right?  Why can’t CD rise up in Beastmode? 

9 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

next two games are against Houston and Arizona.  What is it both defenses excel against?  Stopping RBs

if Tenn has any chance to win, they will have to pass some, right?  Why can’t CD rise up in Beastmode? 

Have you watched any TN games?  

Mariota is awful this year.   Matchups don't matter.  

Drop Davis unless you have a huge bench.  

15 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

He could have played maybe 1 of the worst 3 defences in football this week that being the Colts, why would he fair any better against the next 2, many issues at play here, Mariota is below average, can't throw the deep ball and is more of a runner and the coaching staff likes to run the ball and dink and dunk in the passing game, not suited to Davis's game at all

18 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Except - you don't even have to try to stop Tennessee's "run game" OR their "passing attack"

The Texans D could be a real bargain in Fan Duel this week.

(30 mins ago) Davis played 72 percent of the offensive snaps in Sunday's 20-16 win over the Colts, Cameron Wolfe of ESPN.com reports.

With Rishard Matthews inactive due to a hamstring injury, there was some thought Davis would handle a larger workload. Instead, the rookie saw his lowest snap share in four games since returning from his own hamstring injury, also drawing his fewest targets (four) since the Week 2 game in which he aggravated that ailment. Eric Decker actually played a few more snaps (83 percent), but he finished with just three catches for 23 yards while also drawing four targets. Davis did at least catch each of his four targets for a total of 39 yards, highlighted by a 19-yard gain on the game-winning touchdown drive. He's seemingly locked in to a top-two role alongside Matthews and ahead of Decker, but it's increasingly clear the role won't necessarily equate with consistent production in a disappointing Tennessee offense. Davis is averaging 3.3 catches for 35.5 yards on 6.5 targets since returning from his five-game absence.

55 minutes ago, herschel said:

(30 mins ago) Davis played 72 percent of the offensive snaps in Sunday's 20-16 win over the Colts, Cameron Wolfe of ESPN.com reports.

With Rishard Matthews inactive due to a hamstring injury, there was some thought Davis would handle a larger workload. Instead, the rookie saw his lowest snap share in four games since returning from his own hamstring injury, also drawing his fewest targets (four) since the Week 2 game in which he aggravated that ailment. Eric Decker actually played a few more snaps (83 percent), but he finished with just three catches for 23 yards while also drawing four targets. Davis did at least catch each of his four targets for a total of 39 yards, highlighted by a 19-yard gain on the game-winning touchdown drive. He's seemingly locked in to a top-two role alongside Matthews and ahead of Decker, but it's increasingly clear the role won't necessarily equate with consistent production in a disappointing Tennessee offense. Davis is averaging 3.3 catches for 35.5 yards on 6.5 targets since returning from his five-game absence.

Yeah. I'm done. There's no evidence to suggest he will go to a 10-12 touch player and be a red zone threat. Combine that with a bottom-10 offense who is stubbornly running the ball and using Demarco Murray and his 1 YPC, and I'm out.

Coaching staff is inept. Mariota is inept. Murray is inept. There's nothing here except for WR4 production.

Easy drop for me after this week's blown opportunity (No Mathews, Easy matchup, etc.).  It's not happening this year & way too risky to start in the playoffs.  He's consistently terrible.

10 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I don’t watch Tenn games but are you saying the fault here is Corey and not Mariota?  Then why are you alone in this thinking?  Practically everyone, who watched the game, says it is on Mariota.

did you watch the game?

He's saying that if Davis was truly elite, it wouldn't matter who his QB was. Guys have produced, as top 5 fantasy WRs, with the likes of Derek Anderson throwing to them. Davis has gotten a lot of hype, but clearly he's not that caliber of WR. Few are, to be fair. 

Tough to start him over any wr who is consistently involved in an offense that is at least somewhat clicking.  But I'd say the Colts, Broncos, Jags, 9ers, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Browns don't really fit that bill.  I'd bet there are a lot of rostered wr's that make sense to weigh the pluses and minuses compared to Davis when deciding on a lineup this week.  I got him above Hilton for sure week 13 but not sure how to decide between Davis and DT.

2 minutes ago, Most Guruist said:

Tough to start him over any wr who is consistently involved in an offense that is at least somewhat clicking.  But I'd say the Colts, Broncos, Jags, 9ers, Cowboys, Giants, Bears, Browns don't really fit that bill.  I'd bet there are a lot of rostered wr's that make sense to weigh the pluses and minuses compared to Davis when deciding on a lineup this week.  I got him above Hilton for sure week 13 but not sure how to decide between Davis and DT.

I admit, CD causes me the most concern because I’ve stashed him for so long and I’ve been waiting for this four game stretch against easy defenses so I am very very disappointed in what I’m hearing and see8ng. I’m still not ready to let him go though unless someone on waivers I need much more....like a RB who is ready to explode and now has the opportunity. 

3 hours ago, miasma16 said:

He's saying that if Davis was truly elite, it wouldn't matter who his QB was. Guys have produced, as top 5 fantasy WRs, with the likes of Derek Anderson throwing to them. Davis has gotten a lot of hype, but clearly he's not that caliber of WR. Few are, to be fair. 

I mean judging a rookie WR after not practicing all season and being hurt half the season and expecting to come in and put up immediate WR2 stats isn't very reasonable no matter how talented a player may be. 

40 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

I mean judging a rookie WR after not practicing all season and being hurt half the season and expecting to come in and put up immediate WR2 stats isn't very reasonable no matter how talented a player may be. 

Exactly. Not everyone is Josh Gordon.

5 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

What are the chances I drop Corey and he goes off this week against a very weak Houston secondary? 

Let's be clear. I'm not saying he is a bum. I used to be in a dynasty league and I would be all over a player like this. However, I took a break from dynasty and have tried redraft for the first time in many years. As such, he is not a player I plan to hold in this format. I don't have the luxury of waiting for this guy to figure it out next year. The playoffs are THIS year. Next season we will give him another shot with both practice and experience under his belt. 

13 hours ago, boltup15 said:

OBJ did it.

In order to start Davis at any point this season you would have to be ok with Terry Robiskie calling the plays, mike mularkey approving them and mariotah executing them.

Thats a good recipe for failure

17 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I admit, CD causes me the most concern because I’ve stashed him for so long and I’ve been waiting for this four game stretch against easy defenses so I am very very disappointed in what I’m hearing and see8ng. I’m still not ready to let him go though unless someone on waivers I need much more....like a RB who is ready to explode and now has the opportunity. 

I feel you man, I’ve started him two weeks now but there comes a time where you can’t keep talking yourself into playing him and upside etc etc..To be blount  this offensive scheme is horrendous and Mariota has been horrendous. I have watched most of the last few titans games glutton for punishment evidently that being said in this offensive scheme combined with how Mariota is playing I believe his ceiling game is 80 yards 1 touchdown and that’s basically if the universe aligns itself.....Mularkey said yesterday he wants Corey Davis to improve as a run blocker????..this is what the coach is focused on more 1 yard gains for Murray. The kid could pan out but for this year he is irrelevant to me in this offense maybe he goes for 50 and a TD this week and sucks you in to start him the next week guarantee you will get burned.. there are toooo many negative factors regardless if he’s an elite talent or not which is TBD

Edited by NyCro

3 minutes ago, NyCro said:

I feel you man, I’ve started him two weeks now but there comes a time where you can’t keep talking yourself into playing him and upside etc etc..To be blount  this offensive scheme is horrendous and Mariota has been horrendous. I have watched most of the last few titans games glutton for punishment evidently that being said in this offensive scheme combined with how Mariota is playing I believe his ceiling game is 80 yards 1 touchdown and that’s basically if the universe aligns itself.....Mularkey said yesterday he wants Corey Davis to improve as a run blocker????..this is what the coach is focused on more 1 yard gains for Murray. The kid could pan out but for this year he is irrelevant to me in this offense maybe he goes for 50 and a TD this week and sucks you in to start him the next week guarantee you will get burned.. there are toooo many negative factors regardless if he’s an elite talent or not which is TBD

Totally agree. Breakout was supposed to be last week. Then this week, vs. HOU ... there's breakout potential based on matchup. Such a tough spot for me this week vying for a playoff spot. C Davis, Juju (hurt, MNF), Hogan (prob out), Benjamin (iffy). I'm actually considering Inman vs SF or C Patterson vs NYG over C Davis. Sucks. Just wish Davis would do something already.