ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

35 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

In order to start Davis at any point this season you would have to be ok with Terry Robiskie calling the plays, mike mularkey approving them and mariotah executing them.

Thats a good recipe for failure

I do think Mariota is better than he's played this year.  I think if he were on the Rams or had their HC/OC he'd look a lot more like Wentz or Goff and a lot less like 2009 Alex Smith.  I believe to this day he has never thrown an interception in the red zone.

On 11/27/2017 at 7:28 AM, Travdaddy10 said:

Mariota kills him. All Mariota can do is throw down the middle of the field. If he played slot wr maybe he’d have a chance.

Matthews seems to be doing fine.  i think it is time to stop finding excuses and just except the fact that Davis just isn't ready to be a every week producer yet.  he is getting more than enough looks and playing more than enough snaps. 

32 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I do think Mariota is better than he's played this year.  I think if he were on the Rams or had their HC/OC he'd look a lot more like Wentz or Goff and a lot less like 2009 Alex Smith.  I believe to this day he has never thrown an interception in the red zone.

his throws are inaccurate. That's his problem

This pretty much sums it up. Nothing more to talk about.

Corey Davis, TEN (51%) – I don’t know what to say. I’m baffled at the lack of targets with Rishard Matthews sidelined, and I was watching that game intently. Marcus Mariota literally didn’t even look Davis’ way most of the time. His first read was Delanie Walkeror Eric Decker. That’s telling. Davis is still worth stashing given his talent, as if Mariota does develop a rapport with him, we’d be looking at WR2 value. However, he’s no more than just a stash until that happens.

4 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

This pretty much sums it up. Nothing more to talk about.

Corey Davis, TEN (51%) – I don’t know what to say. I’m baffled at the lack of targets with Rishard Matthews sidelined, and I was watching that game intently. Marcus Mariota literally didn’t even look Davis’ way most of the time. His first read was Delanie Walkeror Eric Decker. That’s telling. Davis is still worth stashing given his talent, as if Mariota does develop a rapport with him, we’d be looking at WR2 value. However, he’s no more than just a stash until that happens.

We're getting very near the point in the season where bench stashes are completely worthless in redraft leagues (unless your name is Josh Gordon).

7 hours ago, Panthor said:

Matthews seems to be doing fine.  i think it is time to stop finding excuses and just except the fact that Davis just isn't ready to be a every week producer yet.  he is getting more than enough looks and playing more than enough snaps. 

I thought Mathews was a slot WR? Any of his big catches I’ve watched are in the middle of the field.

Dropped...   It's not happening this year.  He's shown flashes though so hopefully after a full offseason and camp he'll come out swinging next year.  

I DID IT FELLOWS....I DROPPED Corey for Marquise Goodwin. 

I know he has a couple of easy games but I lost hope in Mariota and his coach. 

43 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I DID IT FELLOWS....I DROPPED Corey for Marquise Goodwin. 

I know he has a couple of easy games but I lost hope in Mariota and his coach. 

This post reminds me of the time I lost my mood ring.  I"m not sure how I feel about it.

One more shot for me. If he can't put up at least 75 yards vs HOU then I'm dropping.

4 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

One more shot for me. If he can't put up at least 75 yards vs HOU then I'm dropping.

Trust me, I didn’t do this easily.  I’ve had him stashed for 13 weeks and was waiting for these three weeks.......but because his qb has regressed all year, I realize it is not so much a Davis dropping but a Mariota dropping.  By the way, I dropped him too. 

5 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Trust me, I didn’t do this easily.  I’ve had him stashed for 13 weeks and was waiting for these three weeks.......but because his qb has regressed all year, I realize it is not so much a Davis dropping but a Mariota dropping.  By the way, I dropped him too. 

I hear ya. I stashed him for weeks too and have waited and waited for the breakout. 

Edited by jtbgator

I may still be the president of his fan club but I dropped him in redraft, hanging on in dynasty.  I just hope if he blows up this year I'm not facing him.

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I just dropped Mariota for Brissett, as I need a week 17 QB assuming that the Eagles rest Wentz. Brissett against Houston that week.

Hanging on to Davis a few more weeks. There's nobody worth grabbing off the wire. I'm in WR2 hell right now with 7 total WR on my roster and only 1 that I know is a must start. So if Davis shows something this week, I'll seriously look at him for weeks 14-15 against weak Arizona or SF matchups.

After that he's done, as I don't trust him or Tennessee in general against the Rams or Jags. 

Mariota at home:  6 TD / 3 INT

Mariota on the road:  3 TD / 9 INT

This is the week it's happening.  Just be sure you're properly strapped in and are wearing your safety goggles.

11 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Mariota at home:  6 TD / 3 INT

Mariota on the road:  3 TD / 9 INT

This is the week it's happening.  Just be sure you're properly strapped in and are wearing your safety goggles.

6 tds in 5 games isnt exactly a ringing endorsement, but unfortunately i dont have many other options....

8 hours ago, jtbgator said:

I hear ya. I stashed him for weeks too and have waited and waited for the breakout. 

After reflecting on my move this morning...replacing Davis with Goodwin....I probably should have given Davis one more week since I stashed him this long.  Would one more week hurt me that much? I was obviously more upset with Mariota and had had enough of him, but this match up v. Houston looked to be as good as it could get. 

I almost lost this past weekend thanks to Mariota’s performance. So, I now feel I should have kept Davis, even if it was just to watch on my bench. I have Juju, Shepard, and Dede (excluding Goodwin of course) so I had plenty of options, Assuming two of those guys recover from injuries.