ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

I''m starting him this week. Locked into the playoffs and a loss this week would only bump me from the #2 spot to the #3 spot if the other guys wins. Been looking at this dude on my bench long enough. Fire him up....

It felt wonderful dropping him and seeing him tumble to the ashes of the WW. 

I want to say it was fun while it lasted, but it wasn’t remotely in that realm.

15 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

After reflecting on my move this morning...replacing Davis with Goodwin....I probably should have given Davis one more week since I stashed him this long.  Would one more week hurt me that much? I was obviously more upset with Mariota and had had enough of him, but this match up v. Houston looked to be as good as it could get. 

I almost lost this past weekend thanks to Mariota’s performance. So, I now feel I should have kept Davis, even if it was just to watch on my bench. I have Juju, Shepard, and Dede (excluding Goodwin of course) so I had plenty of options, Assuming two of those guys recover from injuries. 

Most would say this is the final straw for Davis given the HOU matchup. If he can't get at least 60-75 yards then well... we'll have to move on. But based on what we've seen from him, I don't blame you one bit in replacing him with Goodwin. I for one, will be trotting Davis out there this week. HOU is bad against the pass. 

Corey Davis: It wasn’t quite the week that everyone (myself included) had hoped for, but Davis did haul in all four of his targets against the Colts for 39 yards. Mariota only threw the ball 25 times, so it was hard to see him getting massive targets, but this is a week where they’ll have trouble moving the ball on the ground, which should lead to more pass attempts. He shouldn’t need many targets to do damage in this matchup, as there isn’t a single team who allows more fantasy points per target to wide receivers than the Texans. Their 1.30 points per target is just in front of the Dolphins and Bucs. It’s a risky proposition playing him when he’s done nothing to deserve it in a while, but we aren’t playing last week’s games, right? The matchup deserves WR3 consideration.

48 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Corey Davis: It wasn’t quite the week that everyone (myself included) had hoped for, but Davis did haul in all four of his targets against the Colts for 39 yards. Mariota only threw the ball 25 times, so it was hard to see him getting massive targets, but this is a week where they’ll have trouble moving the ball on the ground, which should lead to more pass attempts. He shouldn’t need many targets to do damage in this matchup, as there isn’t a single team who allows more fantasy points per target to wide receivers than the Texans. Their 1.30 points per target is just in front of the Dolphins and Bucs. It’s a risky proposition playing him when he’s done nothing to deserve it in a while, but we aren’t playing last week’s games, right? The matchup deserves WR3 consideration.

my_body_is_ready.png

6 hours ago, jtbgator said:

What is the source for this blurb?

5 hours ago, CooL said:

What is the source for this blurb?

FantasyPros

Rishard Matthews (hammy) questionable Sunday vs Texans. Good chance he’ll be a game-time decision again. He returned to practice on a limited basis for first time since last Thursday.

DP-quceVAAArluR.jpg
0 replies0 retweets1 like

Retweet

Direct message

Most of us have had this kid stashed for the whole season and or even started him a few times unfortunately. Their passing game looks horrendous, Mike Mularkey says Corey Davis needs to block better. . . . . . . . . . I think it’s game over for this season in regards to him his outlook next year is obviously another discussion. The offensive scheme is extremely vanilla compound that with a coach who is content running the clock out with 1 yard Murray runs not a recipe for success. Good luck to anyone brave enough to start him though.

Edited by NyCro

Can't wait for the 5 for 60 game. I hope he does do well, but he's sitting on my team's waivers for a reason after I dropped him this week. Looks like the joke's on me for holding onto him all these weeks.

Who cares about target share when your QB doesn't throw the ball much, and most of those targets are crap? Corey Davis target lines remind me of Davante Adams' inefficiency when Jordy was hurt a few years back.

I just dropped him because in my league, folks love to draft defense teams and stash them.  I took in the Pats in anticipation of next week's game against the Dolphins :).  He just hasn't done anything but watch - he'll probably have a breakout game this weekend.  It's just my luck that's all haha.

Edited by En47

I'm picking him up and starting him in a must win game for me. I think he goes for 7/93/1

this is the week, guys.

I'm not comfortable throwing him out there in regular fantasy (higher floor options), but he is going to be a stellar DFS value. 

8-88-TD

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

13 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

this is the week, guys.

I'm not comfortable throwing him out there in regular fantasy (higher floor options), but he is going to be a stellar DFS value. 

8-88-TD

I'm with  you. He's not in any of my regular leagues, but he's locked in my DFS. I have a good feeling, I just can't trust Mularkey/Mariota to make it happen. I think the Tenn is happy just running the ball into the line on 1st/2nd down and then taking their chances on 3rd and long and content with punting if need be. But he seems close to that breakout game. 

2 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

I can't believe people are still hyping this guy. Just wow. 

Some very sick people on here. 

7 hours ago, banana said:

Some very sick people on here. 

We live life on the edge.  We're not like the rest of you sheeple.      

abbath.gif      abbath.gif      abbath.gif

Edited by Nap Time

First 4 games back from injury

Baltimore 

Cincinnati 

Pittsburgh 

Indianapolis 

That is a very difficult lineup. 

5 minutes ago, Tenner said:

First 4 games back from injury

Baltimore 

Cincinnati 

Pittsburgh 

Indianapolis 

That is a very difficult lineup. 

Indy sucks and he went 4-39 WITH Matthews out.

Just now, this guy right here said:

Indy sucks and he went 4-39 WITH Matthews out.

Indy has an awesome shut down corner. Everyone else sucks.