ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

3 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

If you guys are going to troll, just bounce out of this thread. Starting him as my WR3 this week in my playoff match. Full confidence.

1 hour ago, oban14 said:

Because the talent and opportunity is there.  That said I have a number of options ahead of him and would only start him if they were all hurt or facing a top CB.  I also dropped him in redraft.  Still hoping he can come through next year in dynasty.

LOL.  But the QB and the offensive scheme are not.  I don't see how you can start this bum in the first week of your playoffs.

I finally dropped bait, he’s had every opportunity to splash and has done nothing. Second biggest disappointment for me this season.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

LOL.  But the QB and the offensive scheme are not.  I don't see how you can start this bum in the first week of your playoffs.

You should work on your reading comprehension.  If he's your best option, you start him.  He isn't my best option this week.

1 hour ago, CooL said:

Because Amari Cooper and Josh Doctson are my only other options.

Amari is likely to miss another game and Josh, whose ceiling is low enough without a good corner on him, will be blanketed by Casey Hayward.

Corey Davis is my guy this week and I'm going to look forward serving y'all crow come Sunday evening.

10 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Because Amari Cooper and Josh Doctson are my only other options.

Amari is likely to miss another game and Josh, whose ceiling is low enough without a good corner on him, will be blanketed by Casey Hayward.

Corey Davis is my guy this week and I'm going to look forward serving y'all crow come Sunday evening.

You know, I think I'm going to bench Doctson and follow your lead.  Starting Davis with confidence!

47 minutes ago, oban14 said:

You should work on your reading comprehension.  If he's your best option, you start him.  He isn't my best option this week.

You should work on YOUR reading comprehension.  I quoted two posts.  The first post the guy said "Starting him as my WR3 this week in my playoff match. Full confidence."  Not that hard to understand my comment.

Obviously you start this guy if you have no other options.  But there are likely a TON of other options available on your waiver wire.  Just not ones that are so obvious or have the draft pedigree of this bum.  I'd take a shot with any the Niners Goodwin (likely claimed already) and Trent Taylor (PPR).  Maybe one the second Giants WR now that Eli is back.  Brandon LaFell?  He's gotten some targets.  The point is that you do have other options.  You just think that Corey Davis with all his hype is the best option.  He has done nothing to prove that he is a viable option at all, having bombed the last two weeks while serving as the nominal #1 WR.

Dropped Amari Cooper and Docston so I wouldn't be tempted to switch to either of them. It's literally Corey Davis or nothing for me.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

15 hours ago, E-A-G-L-E-S said:

I finally dropped bait, he’s had every opportunity to splash and has done nothing. Second biggest disappointment for me this season.

No doubt this was a disappointment.  I will say though, I watched all of the games, and it was far more due to the entire passing offense (or lack there of).

Mariota regressed big time this year, he's taking no shots downfield, the Titans defense is playing better and they are in ultra-conservative mode on offense. It's hard to watch.  

I have no doubt that Corey has the talent to thrive given the right situation, but fact is he is not in that situation now.  I'll be starting Trent Taylor in his place.  

You know a guy has become irrelevant when it's 8 pm EST and nobody has resurrected your thread since Friday.,

Absolute garbage.

19 minutes ago, banana said:

Where's the guy who started him confidence?

Right here.

He got me 4 points against an Arizona team whose life purpose is to spoil games for playoff-bound teams rather than become one itself.

Had Mariota not suffered a knee injury, Corey would have had a big game. Against a 49ers squad next week, it's a no brainer to start him (pending Mariota injury reports).

Edited by BurgundyBooger

18 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Right here.

He got me 4 points against an Arizona team whose life purpose is to spoil games for playoff-bound teams rather than become one itself.

Had Mariota not suffered a knee injury, Corey would have had a big game. Against a 49ers squad next week, it's a no brainer to start him (pending Mariota injury reports).

You have to be trolling.  If not, good God.

Definitely next week.  Book it.

20 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Right here.

Wow, you must sleep with rose colored glasses.  Either that or you are Corey Davis' brother.  There is no way you can start this guy in the fantasy semifinals.  Yet somehow you think it's a "no brainer"?  Yes, only people with no brain would fearlessly slot him into the starting lineup next week in a do or die situation.

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

Wow, you must sleep with rose colored glasses.  Either that or you are Corey Davis' brother.  There is no way you can start this guy in the fantasy semifinals.  Yet somehow you think it's a "no brainer"?  Yes, only people with no brain would fearlessly slot him into the starting lineup next week in a do or die situation.

??

That's why I said pending Mariota's injury report.

You do realize he was hurt in the game, right?

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

??

That's why I said pending Mariota's injury report.

You do realize he was hurt in the game, right?

You do realize that WITH Mariota, this guy has been utter garbage?!  I don't understand your reasoning.  You said "Had Mariota not suffered a knee injury, Corey would have had a big game."  How so?  He caught 3 of 6 targets for a measly 29 yards.  And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mariota play the whole game?  Was there another Titans QB that threw a pass?  

My point is that whether or not this guy has Mariota throwing him the ball, Mariota has clearly regressed this year and he's not become the player many expected him to be this year.  That downgrades all of his pass catchers, which yes, includes this overhyped rookie who we had to wait on for much of the season through injury, only to find out that he is utter garbage.  Good luck starting him in your playoffs, that will likely help you to earn a loss.

Edited by CooL

Drop him at your own risk.

He plays 49ers next and Mariota is being evaluated. If he sits, Matt Cassel might get the nod.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

2 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

This is the week! 

If he ever blows up it will be on my bench.

8 hours ago, CooL said:

Good luck starting him in your playoffs, that will likely help you to earn a loss.

This assumes that anyone starting him this whole time made the playoffs.

53 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

He plays 49ers next and Mariota is being evaluated. If he sits, Matt Cassel might get the nod.

1 hour ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Never thought I'd say it, but the change to Cassel might be good for him.  Mariota has been awful.