ChasinDatPaper

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

I think Cassel would be great for him.  Anyone remember Braylon Edwards?  The man has tunnel vision and will throw 50/50s all day to CD. 

This is the week, bank it.

4 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I think Cassel would be great for him.  Anyone remember Braylon Edwards?  The man has tunnel vision and will throw 50/50s all day to CD. 

Bank it =  RUN away 

you do realize there is no primary receiver established in Ten.   Rishard could have a nice game, Delanie could,  even Decker.   Or maybe they just run the ball and win ugly to avoid exposing a backup qb to big hits and turnovers.    

Most likely, however, they continue to struggle with protection and completing even simple routes.  

At this point, anyone who would consider starting Davis in the semi- finals is an utter fool.   

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Bank it =  RUN away 

you do realize there is no primary receiver established in Ten.   Rishard could have a nice game, Delanie could,  even Decker.   Or maybe they just run the ball and win ugly to avoid exposing a backup qb to big hits and turnovers.    

Most likely, however, they continue to struggle with protection and completing even simple routes.  

At this point, anyone who would consider starting Davis in the semi- finals is an utter fool.   

I may be half trolling but facing the niners with a different QB might lead to a big game.  I have Allen, Gordon, Westbrook, JuJu, Doctson, Davis and Shep and I probably have them ranked like that ROS so I doubt he sees my lineup.  The TEN script did not play out the way I thought it would this year but I'm still in the playoffs and I hope he comes round next year (keeper league).

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

I may be half trolling but facing the niners with a different QB might lead to a big game.  I have Allen, Gordon, Westbrook, JuJu, Doctson, Davis and Shep and I probably have them ranked like that ROS so I doubt he sees my lineup.  The TEN script did not play out the way I thought it would this year but I'm still in the playoffs and I hope he comes round next year (keeper league).

Reasonable.   I’d keep him in dynasty for sure...on the bench.  

But come on guy-  dont mislead people into thinking this is a good week to start him because of...snicker...Braylon Edwards lol

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Reasonable.   I’d keep him in dynasty for sure...on the bench.  

But come on guy-  dont mislead people into thinking this is a good week to start him because of...snicker...Braylon Edwards lol

It's become a running joke but I won't be surprised if he blows up this week.  Correct I don't plan on starting him barring some weird injuries.

12 hours ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Right here.

He got me 4 points against an Arizona team whose life purpose is to spoil games for playoff-bound teams rather than become one itself.

Had Mariota not suffered a knee injury, Corey would have had a big game. Against a 49ers squad next week, it's a no brainer to start him (pending Mariota injury reports).

Lay off the drugs.

Also, I'm here to watch you eat your crow.

Edited by atrium

SF has been a charity to WRs this year and Davis was the top targeted WR this week again for Ten and second in targets on the team to Walker.  Its a shame he hasn't produced a big game yet but I see why some folks are optimistic on his outlook this week.

13 hours ago, oban14 said:

When did Cassel throw to Braylon Edwards?

11 hours ago, youngrice said:

When did Cassel throw to Braylon Edwards?

Sorry I was thinking of Derek Anderson.  

Just now, oban14 said:

Sorry I was thinking of Derek Anderson.  

Yeah I remember drafting Edwards after that magical season.  What a POS he was.  Back to Davis I don't see how anybody besides Walker can be trusted on Ten right now.

A lot of his targets last week were good targets one in the endzone and several down field.  A few penalties wiped away a few more targets (a 12 man on the field against the D which Mariota chucked it down the field to Davis right away incomplete and a 10 yard catch called back for O holding).  My real 'hope' is that Ten can catch a lead and the coach can let them go play some football instead of playing not to lose I think that will bring about some real upside 100+ 2td but regardless I think he'll be involved which could mean 3-6 for 30-80 yards and 0-1 td.  One of the plays Mariota missed Davis on last week his problem was he studder stepped and then threw it rather then just throwing the ball and that has been one of Brissett's struggles this year-- indecision-- and Hilton managed something ridiculous against this SF team with Brissett throwing the ball to him.

Good to see him blow up championship week, those of us who stuck with him have found our patience rewarded.  B)

16 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Thanks for nothing all year. Bum.

Yup.  Those of us who still had him likely had him benched.

Perhaps a sign of good things to come for 2018?

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Yup.  Those of us who still had him likely had him benched.

Perhaps a sign of good things to come for 2018?

Definitely, starting to get it. Now will Mariota re-learn how to get it? 

I'm not touching a pass catcher in this offense until I see some changes in the offseason in terms of coaching. 

This offense kills so much clock running their plays that their 2min drill turns into a 4min drill

19 hours ago, Nap Time said:

I'm expecting 20-25 targets a day at OTAs.  Book it!

I hope the hype isn't to high next year!  I'd like to have him back on the roster at the same time though I'd like to have him as my wr 4/5 (wr 40-50).

13 hours ago, Chippa said:

He finally did it. 6 catches for 91 yards. God bless whoever started him

OMG..... I would have loved that instead of Funchess, Dede, Shepard, and Wallace. 

2 TDs on 63 yards receiving last night.  I have Davis in my dynasty league but another guy has two top 10 WRs and I'm thinking of making an offer for one of them.   I'm agonizing over whether I should hang on to Corey and roll the dice that he'll be a stud WR for years to come.

15 minutes ago, Warren Piece said:

2 TDs on 63 yards receiving last night.  I have Davis in my dynasty league but another guy has two top 10 WRs and I'm thinking of making an offer for one of them.   I'm agonizing over whether I should hang on to Corey and roll the dice that he'll be a stud WR for years to come.

I also have Davis in dynasty and am planning to move him if I can. This playoff game helps give him some hype going into next season. Especially that one-handed TD catch.

I just don't see Mariota getting better as a passer. That concerns me.