FlashGordon401

Keenan Allen 2017 Season Outlook

2 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Thoughts on Josh Norman crashing the party this week. I am more than a little nervous.

Just now, lolcopter said:

Are you going to bench him then? I didn’t think so

Doesn't he often play out of the slot? Does Norman cover the slot?

1 minute ago, FreakFries said:

Thoughts on Josh Norman crashing the party this week. I am more than a little nervous.

It is fair to temper your expectations but he is absolutely a must-start. His route running and volume give him a decent floor no matter the matchup, and obviously, his talent gives him a crazy high ceiling. Rivers and Keenan are too hot right now to overthink this week. Set and forget. 

18 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Im not worried about any matchup Allen pulls. He gets way too many targets to be shutdown by any corner. I'd say his floor this game is 5/80 and his ceiling is around 10/130/2. 

Norman rarely shadows, and when he does it is against big physical receivers. He typically stays to one side of the field. Allen is a route runner extrordinair. He lines up in essentially every WR spot, so if the chargers wanted to scheme Allen away from Norman they could. At the very least, they could make things extremely uncomfortable for Norman if they decide to track Allen with Norman because Norman would never know what part of the field he would have to cover from play to play.

20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Are you going to bench him then? I didn’t think so

Of course not but this is more about expectations. Half my studs are either hurt or suspended so if KA doesn't have an even chance at top 12 WR production, I think I'd rather not watch football this weekend.

4 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Of course not but this is more about expectations. Half my studs are either hurt or suspended so if KA doesn't have an even chance at top 12 WR production, I think I'd rather not watch football this weekend.

It's playoff time (in FF) you will be watching.

9 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

It's playoff time (in FF) you will be watching.

Well .... yeah.

Last week was a PAINFUL loss in one of my other leagues. I just don't want to go through that again.

Of course I probably will.

3 minutes ago, FreakFries said:

Well .... yeah.

Last week was a PAINFUL loss in one of my other leagues. I just don't want to go through that again.

Of course I probably will.

LMAO I am sure you will be okay.

Norman has been god-awful this year. Not sure why he's even being talked about.

1 hour ago, jccouger said:

Norman rarely shadows, and when he does it is against big physical receivers. He typically stays to one side of the field. Allen is a route runner extrordinair. He lines up in essentially every WR spot, so if the chargers wanted to scheme Allen away from Norman they could. At the very least, they could make things extremely uncomfortable for Norman if they decide to track Allen with Norman because Norman would never know what part of the field he would have to cover from play to play.

Baldwin, Thielen and Agholor have had the biggest games against the Skins FWIW.

38 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Norman has been god-awful this year. Not sure why he's even being talked about.

Truth.

Sub par year for Norman, very rarely shadows, and he wants no part of following Allen all over the field. Their season is done as well so the Chargers should be able to beat them.

Edited by E-A-G-L-E-S

Must start EVERY week.

what's there to even talk about with this guy?  start him every week unless he's playing JAX and you have other top 20 options

You boys ready for tomorrow? I know there's some hesitation with Rivers fantasy output because of his history with KC. 

Does anyone thinks this affects Keenan's production? 

Similar to Thanksgiving Day, Allen and Marvin Jones have big days Saturday.

18 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

But he was right, which makes your post even worse than his. And we already went through this a month ago when Allen was playing average. Now he's back to what he was years ago and is a must start.

hmmmm

keenan has been a set and forget personel since draft day. not sure if this is you second year playing fantasy football or u only play in public leagues....

but those that know stats, variables, football will endorse keenan a must start stud regardless of match up since week 1

dont be upset that u probably lost your opportunity to make playoff as 6th seed going against keenan. afterall, it was a public league. am i correct?

3 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

hmmmm

keenan has been a set and forget personel since draft day. not sure if this is you second year playing fantasy football or u only play in public leagues....

but those that know stats, variables, football will endorse keenan a must start stud regardless of match up since week 1

dont be upset that u probably lost your opportunity to make playoff as 6th seed going against keenan. afterall, it was a public league. am i correct?

He had a 5 week stretch where he had very limited production and bad matchups to go with it. Most people knew that he would eventually feast and get his points, but not everyone had the luxury of winning with him getting 5-10 points as a WR1/2. Those of us that stuck with him are being rewarded, but he had a stretch where he was not who we hoped he would be. I held onto him mainly for his playoff matchups, hence why we're here calling him a WR1 today. He's solid now but quit acting like he's been solid all year. 

2f3107b07ea7487d62a1fb39aa75f427.png

18 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

hmmmm

Another garbage post. I lead my $$$ league (private since you're so concerned) in points and made playoffs. I probably started Allen 75% of the time, but had better options at the beginning of the season when Evans and Hill were playing better and outscoring Allen. 

Just because someone is eventually going to break out, doesn't mean you set it and forget it and don't consider other options. That is if you drafted a better team.

But by all means FF Guru, if 10 points for about 5 weeks is set it and forget it material for you, then welcome to the basement of most of my leagues and get out lol.

Edited by tpat30