wily mo

Trevor Cahill 2017 Outlook

Just had his first rehab assignment yesterday in High-A.  2 ER over 2.2 IP on 3 hits and a BB, so obviously some rust, but good to see him pitching.  I haven't seen any reports update his condition after the start, so I'd assume that means it went to plan.

Pick him back up now before the major outlets start reporting updates / possible return dates!

On 6/23/2017 at 10:59 AM, handyandy86 said:

Just had his first rehab assignment yesterday in High-A.  2 ER over 2.2 IP on 3 hits and a BB, so obviously some rust, but good to see him pitching.  I haven't seen any reports update his condition after the start, so I'd assume that means it went to plan.

Pick him back up now before the major outlets start reporting updates / possible return dates!

Sweet, RW didn't say anything about him after his session with live hitters Thursday. 

Cahill (shoulder) will move to Triple-A El Paso and make his second rehab start Wednesday, Tim Hagerty of Sporting News reports.

Trevor Cahill will make his return from the DL Tuesday in Cleveland. He should be good for 5-6 innings.

FWIW, unless SD employs a 6-man rotation or moves back his following start, Cahill will also be in line for a Sunday game @ Philly. 
Edited by Blackfish

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/underthrown-pitches-and-the-pitchers-who-underthrow-them-putting-it-all-together/

interesting article that highlights the potential cahill has.. four above average pitches and half of the games are at petco? yes, please.

maybe the article is confirmation bias on my part.. i've been invested in cahill since the beginning of the season and let him eat up a DL slot this entire time. you could say i'm a believer.

10 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/underthrown-pitches-and-the-pitchers-who-underthrow-them-putting-it-all-together/

interesting article that highlights the potential cahill has.. four above average pitches and half of the games are at petco? yes, please.

maybe the article is confirmation bias on my part.. i've been invested in cahill since the beginning of the season and let him eat up a DL slot this entire time. you could say i'm a believer.

Great read thanks for sharing. Will be grabbing Cahill too and hoping for the best

Been hanging onto him his entire DL stint, so I'm pretty excited to have him back. Not going to get my hopes but the up-side is there

1 hour ago, avswsop91 said:

Been hanging onto him his entire DL stint, so I'm pretty excited to have him back. Not going to get my hopes but the up-side is there

Same here. Hamstrung my team a bit when I had Gray/Cahill/MadBum/Duffy on the DL but Cahill's upside looks too damn high to let loose in a 14 teamer where the WW pitching is absolutely atrocious. 

I am in 10 team NL only, I definitely held on. I tried to trade him, only because I was desperate for offense  and no one even inquired.  I got a bit of offense on the waiver and in a trade and now i am looking forward to the 2nd half with Cahill.

6 hours ago, mtblock said:

so then who is brave enough to start him tomorrow?

I did upon late news of Kela DL'd...crossing fingers.

I think he's a must-sit tomorrow. But i picked him up and will definitely be watching. The peripherals he put up before the injury are too impressive to ignore. 

I like Cahill as much as any, but I just can't see how you start him tomorrow. Coming off the DL with a sore shoulder, facing the Tribe and one of the best pitchers in baseball, Kluber might pitch a no-hitter tomorrow, with 18 K's. I'm dead a$$ serious, too. And yeah, saying all that, Cahill will probably get a QS and the W, just because that's the kind of luck I have.

Edited by Z06vette

Never?start?pitchers?fresh?off?the?DL

Idk about you guys but that's my credo, and it's worked out decently. More often than not, pitchers gotta work out kinks after the DL. He's an easy sit for me against Klubot and also vs the Cleveland JRams who seem to be waking up as of late

13 hours ago, mtblock said:

so then who is brave enough to start him tomorrow?

Not sure brave is the right word here...

No way I'm starting. 

If a player is healthy enough to come off the DL they're healthy enough to start. I'm a bit nervous because of the match up but not because of his injury. In my lineup. 

11 minutes ago, wiz said:

starting him.. need k's, qs and wins

:blink:

I replaced Bundy with this guy.  We'll see how it goes 

Don't start him fresh off the DL they said....actually looking pretty damn good. Since most people benched him today, he will of course be terrible next time out. 

23 minutes ago, exaulz said:

Don't start him fresh off the DL they said....actually looking pretty damn good. Since most people benched him today, he will of course be terrible next time out. 

Absolutely. He's on my bench but he does look really sharp. Very impressed and encouraged.