Sign in to follow this  
ktierne3

Marwin Gonzalez 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

I don't see how his value goes any higher from this point. But I've been wrong before and will be again.

Well he can still get Catcher and Pitcher eligibility.  That would help.

54 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

it can definitely go higher. a lot of people still think this is a flash in the pan. if he keeps crushing, the general public will start to take him more seriously as a legit breakout. even if his OPS drops about 200 players into we are still looking at an .800 OPS bat with awesome position eligibility. 

Well yeah. He might keep this up ROS. He might do it for 10 more seasons. He might hit 5 HRs this weekend. He might win a triple crown. He might go to the HOF first ballot. Etc etc  

The reason I personally think his value has just about peaked is because I don't see any of those things happening. But of course that doesn't mean they couldn't. 

I am late to the party with this guy.  I hope he keeps it up for those took a chance on him.  Turning into a monster.

3 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

I don't see how his value goes any higher from this point. But I've been wrong before and will be again.

Easy, sustainability... I doubt he has much trade value if any. 

1 hour ago, Fiveohnine said:

Well yeah. He might keep this up ROS. He might do it for 10 more seasons. He might hit 5 HRs this weekend. He might win a triple crown. He might go to the HOF first ballot. Etc etc  

The reason I personally think his value has just about peaked is because I don't see any of those things happening. But of course that doesn't mean they couldn't. 

think about Villar last year.

I remember he was sitting on the wire, and kept stealing bases. and I kept thinking about adding him but always laid off because, well, it was Jonathan Villar.

someone else pounced and rode Villar to the championship game. while I pounded my head against the wall repeatedly. 

Villar finished as the #3 overall player in OBP leagues. 

not saying Marwin will do anything like that, or even sniff the top 50, but if he keeps this up for a few more weeks, another month, his trade value will be quite high. And based on the changes we've heard about and the changes you can see watching him, I predict he will keep on raking. 

oh, and in response to the comment about team names, I'm partial to Marwinian Theory 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Another day, another homer.... I'm calling him Baby Bautista

Edited by Picard56

Haven't been able to get much help on the ac forum.  Is giving up David Price 2 much to get this guy and a solid k,9 holds rp??  Sorry for posting here guys I just need some opinions. 

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Haven't been able to get much help on the ac forum.  Is giving up David Price 2 much to get this guy and a solid k,9 holds rp??  Sorry for posting here guys I just need some opinions. 

I'll play the part of Rush here, but I always side more with positional players over pitchers and I think Price might be toast anyways. I think so highly of Marwin now that I'm benching Trumbo for him next week.

Of course I trade for this guy and he sits instantly.  

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Of course I trade for this guy and he sits instantly.  

Its Darvish in s---y weather. 

I'm fine with him sitting in this one, if they even play it. 

1 hour ago, treat88 said:

Its Darvish in s---y weather. 

I'm fine with him sitting in this one, if they even play it. 

The pattern is that he sits after playing 5 straight games. I'm sure he'll play five straight after this

16 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

The pattern is that he sits after playing 5 straight games. I'm sure he'll play five straight after this

Good 2 know as a new owner. 

Starting at 3rd tonight, hitting sixth. The Astros have a full week of crappy pitching they are going against. I'm starting this stud over Yonder Alonso and Chris Davis on my team this week based on Matchups.

Left the game due to an injured hand... Bour and Marwin go down for me.. How many more injuries, it just doesn't end.. I just traded for Marwin.. 

I saw him grimace and look at hand when sliding into 2nd on dbl

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I saw him grimace and look at hand when sliding into 2nd on dbl

13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Left the game due to an injured hand... Bour and Marwin go down for me.. How many more injuries, it just doesn't end.. I just traded for Marwin.. 

Hopefully not a Trout-like injury 

1 minute ago, beauso79 said:

Hopefully not a Trout-like injury 

Exactly what I thought.. 

Haha...only players that rake get hurt this year. Struggling guys you don't want to drop, like Kyle Seager , will be healthy all year for your team

Edited by Dr. Whom

5 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

Fantastic, this has 10 day DL all over it.

of course on a Monday and stuck in a weekly lineup.  never fails

Anyone have any idea y he was pinch hit for in the 9th?

In the lineup at SS today -- that'll give him 10-game MI eligibility in Fantrax! (6 at 2B, 4 at SS). Just in time for a new week.