TX Babe Ruth

Jamison Crowder 2017 Season Outlook

58 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

How are the raiders CBs? Not that great from what i remember but my knowledge is lacking.

Raiders haven't defended pass well at all.. Jermaine Kearse went off on them. I also I can see potential shoot out here.

1 hour ago, DemOrioles said:

I see your reasoning -- but the players on the teams you mentioned are elite.  Crowder is not elite.

You're talking AJ Green -- Baldwin -- Thomas -- ODB -- Bell?  Crowder is not those guys.  Never will be, never has been.

Doug Baldwin was just about literally Jamison Crowder the first four years of his career. 

13 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

Crowder is a bum, thus far. 

So find another thread. Everyone is a "bum" until they're not a "bum."

15 minutes ago, rcarena said:

Doug Baldwin was just about literally Jamison Crowder the first four years of his career. 

On a team with less completion for targets no less.

2 minutes ago, jwilliam said:

So find another thread. Everyone is a "bum" until they're not a "bum."

In the fantasy world, you are either a bum or you are not a bum. That has a good ring to it.  

Edited by dudewithabadcat

1 hour ago, leebattle said:

I think the most important question here is: is he healthy?

It's not Crowder, it's Kirk Cousins. He shouldn't have bet on himself this season because his stock is priced reaallll low. Dollar store prices.

Edited by TX Babe Ruth

Like Crowder this week especially with Gruden's comments that Reed is not healthy right now. If he doesn't have at least a decent (10+ PPR points) this week, I would be a bit concerned moving forward.

Not feeling great about Crowder, but so far his team has played Philly and LAR. These are teams that will probably finish top-6 in DVOA, and Gruden chose to attack LA with the run. Compound that with Crowder's hip, I wouldn't overreact to an early rough spot. At some point the excuses have to end though, and Sunday against OAK might be that point. Script and opportunity will go his way, he has to show what he's got. 

Edited by Mahomet

39 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I agree.  

But if he doesn't put up 12+ against this D he's a straight up drop.

Ugh I hate statements like these. To each his own I guess.

46 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I agree.  

But if he doesn't put up 12+ against this D he's a straight up drop.

I sure hope he doesn't and the Crowder owner in my league thinks like you 

Edited by Mattmac0912

What is the deal with Crowder only playing half the freaking snaps?

Doctson is complete trash and yet he's in there playing in 2 WR formations while JC is standing on the sideline. If JC played 90% of the snaps like other star wideouts he would EASILY catch 90 passes.

2 hours ago, raidaz18 said:

What is the deal with Crowder only playing half the freaking snaps?

Doctson is complete trash and yet he's in there playing in 2 WR formations while JC is standing on the sideline. If JC played 90% of the snaps like other star wideouts he would EASILY catch 90 passes.

Also Ryan Grant seems like he plays every snap as well.

20 hours ago, leebattle said:

I think the most important question here is: is he healthy?

I think he's close to 100% now. He caught a screen pass last week on 3rd and long, and exploded for like 18 yards after the catch to get a first down. Cousins only threw for 179 yards last week so you can't expect much from Crowder in that type of game. Reed is unlikely to play this week, which means Crowder is the bonafide #1 in the offense in a great matchup. Its panic time for those with Crowder, Cousins, and/or Pryor on their teams if there's another dud this week.

If Reed doesn't play(looking likely so far) i feel that Crowder has too much upside to keep on the bench.

Wasn't Crowder at his most productive when Reed was out last year?

This is the breakout game. The stars are aligning. Vegas predicts a high score and a close game....other skill players are banged up.

As Elvis says, it's now or never.

If we experience bust city, then it's dropville for Crowder. He is my WR2 this week.

Man that might be all she wrote for Crowder. I guess lesson learned that you should never trust a Duke football product. Can't believe Ryan Grant has been a bigger factor in this offense than Crowder.

This guy needs to stop returning punts. He gains me no points since my league don't count return yards. He risk injury and turnover more than reward of a TD. SMH

This was the best possible scenario for Crowder: high scoring game against a weak defense with Kirk firing on all cylinders...50 yards and a fumble.

Unless you're happy with a 3 point ceiling and a -2 point floor, Crowder is a SWIFT drop.

3 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

This was the best possible scenario for Crowder: high scoring game against a weak defense with Kirk firing on all cylinders...50 yards and a fumble.

Unless you're happy with a 3 point ceiling and a -2 point floor, Crowder is a SWIFT drop.

Agree. Not really worth owning in standard 10 teamers. Zero trade value. This was the game and he really is just another guy in this offense.

29 minutes ago, Balthazar said:

Ugh, I want to agree with this but I have to give him until the bye. He saw an expanded role and showed improvement outside of the fumble. I think this offense continues to get better as the season goes on. If he does nothing next week I will feel better about dropping.