dashoe

Stefon Diggs 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Well, he must be healthy. And you know he loves the spotlight. Something tells me he wants to put on a show for the London crowd.

Wan'ting that spotlight didn't bode well for Ajayi or AP. Hopefully this will be different. 

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

Well yeah. Two more weeks off would make his groin situation a lot more ideal. I don't want a repeat of last year. Also it's kind of nice when a player is deemed out so you don't have to play the WDIS game leading up to kick off

If he's healthy, he's a must start. His practice situation this week gives no indication he's not 

This coaching staff isn't dumb. After learning from last year, If there is any doubt, like the last few weeks, he would be inactive. Provided he's active, it's not an unfair assumption that he is at, or at the very least, close to 100%. 

3 minutes ago, ak427 said:

This coaching staff isn't dumb. After learning from last year, If there is any doubt, like the last few weeks, he would be inactive. Provided he's active, it's not an unfair assumption that he is at, or at the very least, close to 100%. 

You have to assume Diggs was trying to prove his self worth last year. The entire situation is probably being looked at in regards to maximizing his health for a playoff run. I wouldn’t care nor would I be surprised he was out for a few more weeks or played minimally. 

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

You have to assume Diggs was trying to prove his self worth last year. The entire situation is probably being looked at in regards to maximizing his health for a playoff run. I wouldn’t care nor would I be surprised he was out for a few more weeks or played minimally. 

Can't see any situation where he's played minimally or as a decoy, especially against the Browns. If they're concerned about the injury, he's not playing. If they think he's past the injury and he feels good, he's gonna play the majority of the snaps

Everyone wanting him to sit... You gotta know that the medical staff/coaches and player know better than we do.  If he's ready to go he needs to go.  It's his job.  

For all we know they've already held him out an extra week more than they needed to.

One thing is for sure, if he has a full practice tomorrow then it's on.

Edited by ragrag

i have no idea what to expect but I remember Diggs going for 173 yards and 2 Touchdowns when he was guarding the Gatorade from my fantasy bench so I'm finding someone else to guard my Gatorade this week.

19 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Everyone wanting him to sit... You gotta know that the medical staff/coaches and player know better than we do.  If he's ready to go he needs to go.  It's his job.  

For all we know they've already held him out an extra week more than they needed to.

One thing is for sure, if he has a full practice tomorrow then it's on.

All of this is spot on.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

This is what I believe:

If his injury did not happen last year he would possibly play the next game and if not that the game after. They have most likely been extremely cautious with him because of last year.  He already stated it wasn't that severe.

If he plays on Sunday he is going to be 100% because in their situation they wouldn't bring him back otherwise especially against the Browns. Browns run defense is nice but their pass D is not scary making him an obvious start.

Not only this, but:

No Myles Garrett

No Jason McCourty

Literally the two biggest difference makers on that Browns defense. Things could get ugly quick.

Diggs and Thielen may just run wild. Keenum is a great streamer this week.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

My only concern at this point is the turf.  I watched the LAR v. Cardinals game last week and they were slipping all over the place.  

KNOCKING ON WOOD BIG TIME HERE...

My only concern for not firing him up is that it's a game time decision - i'm not getting up that early to look.  If he is confirmed on Saturday or sooner i'm definitely dressing him.

Just now, martinjlm said:

After hearing the London weather forecast I was concerned about that as well. I’m seriously thinking about not playing him because I can’t afford him reinjuring himself in the 1st quarter. This is gonna be a last-minute call for me

At this point I rather they just sit him out thru the bye.  I don’t necessarily need him this week since, if he was playing, I would have to make a hard decision of whom to start him over btwn Demaryius, Fuller (Hopkins must start as my WR1) or Doug Martin...

Edited by skye2388

It's looking like Diggs will play.  I am sure he is hot to shake the "injury prone" label.  If he is going to do that, it starts this Sunday morning from Twickenham Stadium.

Is anyone following the Stefon Diggs rule?

If he's on the injury report, he's not startable?

I just dropped my other WR3 option, so hopefully there is some further clarity. He's too good to bench against the Browns.

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Is anyone following the Stefon Diggs rule?

If he's on the injury report, he's not startable?

I just dropped my other WR3 option, so hopefully there is some further clarity. He's too good to bench against the Browns.

He's practicing in full and was held out a couple of weeks now. If they had any concern about him, they would not play him.

I am absolutely starting him up this week and anyone who is considering otherwise, you'd better have a damn good replacement named AJ Green, Antonio Brown, Mike Evans or Deandre Hopkins. I wouldn't want any other receiver out there right now over Diggs after what he did the first 4 weeks of the season.

not risking it personally this week. seems like a decent chance of him tweaking it again during the game. I'd love to be wrong though

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

not risking it personally this week. seems like a decent chance of him tweaking it again during the game. I'd love to be wrong though

After taking it slow the last few weeks, I don't think this coaching staff is inept enough to risk one of their best players this week. I'm going to check at 8 AM on Sunday to ensure he's playing.