dashoe

Stefon Diggs 2017 Outlook

11 minutes ago, frog34 said:

That's true, Keenum missed him once wide open. What's even worse is that Diggs was wide open earlier twice and Keenum didn't look his way and quickly threw the short checkdown without facing pressure. Hoping for Teddy or Bradford to bolster Diggs' floor. Keenum is too gunshy, but at some point they will need to make plays. Can't win like that when it matters most.

More and more qbs this year are gunshy and throwing those quick Check downs. This is one reason why I love Watson and Wentz so much. Neither do that....it is usually a last resort. 

3 hours ago, frog34 said:

That's true, Keenum missed him once wide open. What's even worse is that Diggs was wide open earlier twice and Keenum didn't look his way and quickly threw the short checkdown without facing pressure. Hoping for Teddy or Bradford to bolster Diggs' floor. Keenum is too gunshy, but at some point they will need to make plays. Can't win like that when it matters most.

I'm sure he'll see that upon reviewing the game tape

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

I'm sure he'll see that upon reviewing the game tape

My Man it’s Case Keenum. He can watch film until 3 in the morning on game day. He’s going to take the check down

What's the legit outlook for Diggs rest of the season? Is a buy low top 12 ros finish?  Does the groin injury fade away?Is he a must start?  Is he like julio with a suppressed current value but expected to explode during the playoffs?

14 minutes ago, dashoe said:

What's the legit outlook for Diggs rest of the season? Is a buy low top 12 ros finish?  Does the groin injury fade away?Is he a must start?  Is he like julio with a suppressed current value but expected to explode during the playoffs?

WR3 with upside. Buy if you can't find a WR3 on the wire. The groin injury could easy crop up again. He has a depressed value because Thielen and McKinnon have dominated targets and don't see that changing. He will also face the top CBs on some of the hardest DEF vs WR ROS.

9 - BYE  unusable

10 - WAS 29th most FF to WR

11- LAR 26th

12 - DET 10th w Slay shadowing him

13 - ATL 24th

14 - CAR 25th

15 - CIN 28th 

16 - GB 8th (if you make it that far)

Edited by martinjlm

2 hours ago, martinjlm said:

WR3 with upside. Buy if you can't find a WR3 on the wire. The groin injury could easy crop up again. He has a depressed value because Thielen and McKinnon have dominated targets and don't see that changing. He will also face the top CBs on some of the hardest DEF vs WR ROS.

9 - BYE  unusable

11- LAR 26th

13 - ATL 24th

14 - CAR 25th

15 - CIN 28th 

2 of those 7 are "difficult" matchups. And one of those, the Lions, he already put up 98 yards on 5 catches. Good receivers make plays regardless. He's a solid WR2 with WR1 upside

4 hours ago, martinjlm said:

He will also face the top CBs on some of the hardest DEF vs WR ROS.

9 - BYE  unusable

11- LAR 26th

13 - ATL 24th

14 - CAR 25th

15 - CIN 28th 

???????

Does anyone have any insight on how the potential switch back to Bridgewater in week 10 will affect the passing game? I love Diggs as a player but it's been tough with the injury and the mediocre showing in London. 

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 8:32 PM, street sharks said:

2 of those 7 are "difficult" matchups. And one of those, the Lions, he already put up 98 yards on 5 catches. Good receivers make plays regardless. He's a solid WR2 with WR1 upside

He was 100% healthy in that game. Vontae Davis said his groin injury is something he has battled for years and will "until I'm about 80". If 7/5/98 is his ceiling in this game at 100% then his floor is scary.

vs Slay:

Odell 5/4/36/0

Julio 12/7/91/0 - Took twelve targets to get 91 yards and no TD.

AB - 10/5/70 - Took ten targets to get 70 yards and no TD for the best WR in football

Thielen is the target hog not Diggs.

5 hours ago, SvanE42 said:

Does anyone have any insight on how the potential switch back to Bridgewater in week 10 will affect the passing game? I love Diggs as a player but it's been tough with the injury and the mediocre showing in London. 

Likely they will lean on McKinnon/Lat until TB gets his feet under him.

time to wake this thread up. . . I traded for him and betting on a playoff domination.  WR1's have been falling off or underperforming or getting into fights 

Diggs is back. . .right. . .right !!!:lol:

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

time to wake this thread up. . . I traded for him and betting on a playoff domination.  WR1's have been falling off or underperforming or getting into fights 

I also traded for this guy during his BYE week..Hoping for a healed groin and some big weeks from him down the stretch.

35 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Yahoo! Not excited about him facing Norman this week, however. I stack Thielen and Diggs in my main league, so I don't usually worry about it. Norman is still shut-down this year, though.

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Yahoo! Not excited about him facing Norman this week, however. I stack Thielen and Diggs in my main league, so I don't usually worry about it. Norman is still shut-down this year, though.

I believe Norman had Lockett mostly yesterday and look at his results....10yards.  I own Diggs and am not licking my chops either on this. Does Norman alwYs cover the best or does he cover a side. 

My biggest issue as a Diggs owner last year was he never recovered his explosiveness and big play making ability from his injuries; any concern that's still the case. Watched some clips of him in London game and he seemed to run  run well and beat his coverage a couple of times

Just now, TennisMenace said:

I believe Norman had Lockett mostly yesterday and look at his results....10yards.  I own Diggs and am not licking my chops either on this. Does Norman alwYs cover the best or does he cover a side. 

Since Thielen is about 70-100% in the slot, Norman will most definitely cover Diggs. The other side of the field for MIN is a WR Wasteland (Floyd, Treadwell.)

Shaping up to be a McKinnon, Thielen, and Rudolph game. I'm not sure I'd start Diggs if I had a WR2 alternative.

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Baldwin TD yesterday was on a great rip move on norman

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Norman got played by baldwin yesterday on cross route for a 20 yard or so TD.

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Baldwin TD yesterday was on a great rip move on norman

Oh gosh. Just watched the clip and Norman flat out missed on press coverage and Baldwin side-stepped him on scored on a TD. Interesting.

2 minutes ago, ColdRain said:

Norman got played by baldwin yesterday on cross route for a 20 yard or so TD.

Baldwin ripped him and took Norman completely out of the play

Just now, PlayTheWaivers said:

Oh gosh. Just watched the clip and Norman flat out missed on press coverage and Baldwin side-stepped him on scored on a TD. Interesting.

excellent technique by Baldwin, Norman didnt miss he was made to miss

16 hours ago, dashoe said:

Baldwin ripped him and took Norman completely out of the play

I saw an interview they did with Richard Sherman. He said most corners think they can press Doug because he's small but that it was a big mistake because Doug was deceptively strong and could beat press coverage all day because if his technique and moves getting off the line.

In all seriousness, Diggs doesn't worry about cornerbacks.  Cornerbacks worry about him.  It started his rookie year when he toasted Aquib Talib repeatedly.  Norman can lock up on Dez because Dez relies more on power and physicality.  Diggs is a flat out route-running technician when healthy.

Well, Norman does not shadow so he only covers one side.  Most WRs don’t line up exclusively on one side, so you can expect Norman to be on him 50% or thereabouts.  I can’t recall the last time one of my WRs caught a td.  They usually only catch them when I’m not playing them.