dashoe

Stefon Diggs 2017 Outlook

18 minutes ago, philnutz said:

3 road games, 2 pts 0 pts and 2 pts. Play Thielen

Diggs owner here....I agree...I think Diggs may be one of the top three most overrated players in the league. People who dub him a "stud" see something I don't. "Studs" don't have the floor he has and most are basically matchup-proof. Diggs is a 2-30pt type of player in any given week. I'll probably play Darkwa over him this week...gotta see something from him before I can trust him. Names don't win championships....production does.

Tough player to gauge. Only Hilton is more boom or bust than this cat. Route running is elite, but injury bug worrisome. Maybe he can string together some good statlines with Teddy down the stretch, which would set him up as legit WR1 candidate in 2018. This year screams smoke and mirrors to me.

46 minutes ago, philnutz said:

3 road games, 2 pts 0 pts and 2 pts. Play Thielen

2016:  Road game @ Washington, 29.4 pts.  Play Diggs

5 minutes ago, ap0calypse said:

2016:  Road game @ Washington, 29.4 pts.  Play Diggs

Meant in jest....right?

By the way- he's returning home this week. He's from the area.

You know he wants to put on a show. I said this about the London game, obviously didn't work out but it was a first game back and Cleveland is a joke.

26 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

By the way- he's returning home this week. He's from the area.

You know he wants to put on a show. I said this about the London game, obviously didn't work out but it was a first game back and Cleveland is a joke.

I have no choice to play him but I’m not convinced Casey Keenum is more concerned with giving him a chance to get the ball than throwing an interception.  That is why so many of these QBs today are dumping off to some RB.  No one wants to throw an Int. 

16 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I have no choice to play him but I’m not convinced Casey Keenum is more concerned with giving him a chance to get the ball than throwing an interception.  That is why so many of these QBs today are dumping off to some RB.  No one wants to throw an Int. 

I'm not sure what changed from the earlier games when he exploded against the bucs, and put up 5 for 98 against the Lions. Keenum has proved successful with him. I think they will get back to what was working. The Browns were a breeze and McKinnon was averaging like 13 yards per catch. They'll have to stay competitive in this Washington game due to the fact that Washington is seriously underrated.

1 hour ago, BrokeLoser said:

Diggs owner here....I agree...I think Diggs may be one of the top three most overrated players in the league. People who dub him a "stud" see something I don't. "Studs" don't have the floor he has and most are basically matchup-proof. Diggs is a 2-30pt type of player in any given week. I'll probably play Darkwa over him this week...gotta see something from him before I can trust him. Names don't win championships....production does.

I hate to say this, but I agree with you, and it pains me to say this. I drafted him wanting to believe too! Sigh. To think I traded Thielen instead of him. 

2 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

Lol overrated

Give him a QB that isn't so up and down and he would be top 15+. Keenum is good one week and then can suck balls at a moments notice the next - which directly affects his WR. Look at how bad AB was when Big Ben got injured. The reality is that the Vikings QB situation is among the worst in the league. Don't put that on Diggs. 

Hopefully Teddy can restore some balance to the offense.

He seems good to me. Going against him this week, hoping Norman shadows him? Is Norman even healthy?

39 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Too many haters in this thread for no reason. 

Trust me Oli, I don’t want to hate....I own him.  But like a brother said, his resume does seem to have two words written all over it- inconsistent and Injured. 

51 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Lol overrated

Give him a QB that isn't so up and down and he would be top 15+. Keenum is good one week and then can suck balls at a moments notice the next - which directly affects his WR. Look at how bad AB was when Big Ben got injured. The reality is that the Vikings QB situation is among the worst in the league. Don't put that on Diggs. 

Hopefully Teddy can restore some balance to the offense.

Well,  I suppose we could cast some trivia over any team / player situation.  

Remember, we shouldn't care about what a player is "capable" of...we care about what they actually do...right?

Legit studs aren't injured often, they create separation in coverage which makes them the first read regardless of whose throwing the ball. Case has thrown for some yardage but it's been split with Thielen probably because he's every bit as good as Diggs.

Since we're talking hypotheticals...what if he had had just one more average game against TB...would you even roster him right now?

1 minute ago, ak427 said:

??? NORMAN DOESN'T SHADOW RECEIVERS

^^^

This thread explains a lot of why DFS is so soft still

3 hours ago, BrokeLoser said:

All WRs have a floor thats very low. That's how the position works. Saying studs don't have the floor he has is just flat out wrong.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

All WRs have a floor thats very low. That's how the position works. Saying studs don't have the floor he has is just flat out wrong.

I remember a game which Julio Jones played  and the Falco put up an insane number like  50pts as a team and Julio had a floor of ZERO :lol:

43 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Is Norman still alive? Pretty sure Baldwin murdered him last week.

Norman was on multiple players. But Baldwin did make Norman miss at the line and was able to get away for a 30 YD TD.

2 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

Norman was on multiple players. But Baldwin did make Norman miss at the line and was able to get away for a 30 YD TD.

He didnt make him miss, Baldwin completely took Norman out of the play with a perfectly executed rip :lol:

Just now, Yanksfan06 said:

Limited today with a "tooth" injury. Either a ball hit him in the face or he hasn't been flossing enough. 

So everyone says sit him if he’s on the injury report.  

Just now, Yanksfan06 said:

Limited today with a "tooth" injury. Either a ball hit him in the face or he hasn't been flossing enough. 

I had to look myself - this is real life?

4 minutes ago, Yanksfan06 said:

First time I've ever seen a status update for a "tooth" injury. Football isn't football unless Diggs makes the injury report every week.