dashoe

Stefon Diggs 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Chippa said:

10 team PPR. Everyone let out an audible groan when I snatched him off the board. Thankfully 4 of the teams in my league have zero clue about the fantasy ins and outs. I play with a packers fan who took Bennett in the 3rd. THE THIRD

 

Nice Job!

 

The Third?  LOLOLOLOL  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diggs was a constant 10th rounder in my drafts. But that's because I draft early most of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chippa said:

10 team PPR. Everyone let out an audible groan when I snatched him off the board. Thankfully 4 of the teams in my league have zero clue about the fantasy ins and outs. I play with a packers fan who took Bennett in the 3rd. THE THIRD

 

Funny you say that.

 

Diggs has always looked talented. But right now he looks like the next "star" in the NFL. Two TDs isn't out of the question this week. Diggs gets open and catches the football. If Joe Haden was any good/healthy, no way Cleveland just flat-out releases him.

Edited by phatrat
CSB removed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great production in the first game. I am a bit concerned he was mostly invisible for most of the second half. I don't like it when key fantasy players disappear for long stretches.

 

Adam Thelian was pretty consistent the entire game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Diggs owners, we must monitor Bradford's health and adjust our starts / sits based on his health %

 

I personally think he'll be fine. But who the f--- am I? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Is there anyone that doesn't have Diggs in their lineup this week? If so, please explain. 

 

Cleverly disguised AC question. Good question nonetheless. Well done. 

 

He's a start for me cause I have no better options but I'm concerned cause of Bradford's knee and Steeler's line looking scary. I wouldn't be surprised if Bradford throws for less than 200, throws a pick or two and gets sacked multiple times. I just hope he makes it out alive for Diggs sake moving forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Is there anyone that doesn't have Diggs in their lineup this week? If so, please explain. 

Case Keenum was practicing separately yesterday and guess with whom? Thelien, not Diggs.

Vikes just promoted a third QB for the game tomorrow.

If Bradford is gimpy tomorrow he's throwing to the slot (Thelien) and dump offs (Cook) not deep (Diggs).

Diggs is trending waaay down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

It's not like Diggs is locked into only running deep routes. They shuffle guys around all the time.

I knew that would be the retort and that's possibly true but certainly not the only reason we should be off him this week as described above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, martinjlm said:

Case Keenum was practicing separately yesterday and guess with whom? Thelien, not Diggs.

Vikes just promoted a third QB for the game tomorrow.

If Bradford is gimpy tomorrow he's throwing to the slot (Thelien) and dump offs (Cook) not deep (Diggs).

Diggs is trending waaay down.

 

I'm not worried about him being gimpy and passing to Thelien. He's not exactly mobile to begin with.  I;m concerned with Pitt's D blowing Minn's Oline and Bradford having no time to throw. Not to mention getting pummeled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

 

I'm not worried about him being gimpy and passing to Thelien. He's not exactly mobile to begin with.  I;m concerned with Pitt's D blowing Minn's Oline and Bradford having no time to throw. Not to mention getting pummeled.

There's absolutely nothing to worry about on the Pittsburg defense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wahl35 said:

 

I'm not worried about him being gimpy and passing to Thelien. He's not exactly mobile to begin with.  I;m concerned with Pitt's D blowing Minn's Oline and Bradford having no time to throw. Not to mention getting pummeled.

 

That should mean more dump-offs to Cooks.....opps forgot I'm in the Diggs thread.  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Gohawks said:

There's absolutely nothing to worry about on the Pittsburg defense.

 

Yeah, I guess I'm more worried about Minnesota's OLine. I'm a Giants fan so I've been getting a bit skittish about offensive lines lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That Saints secondary was absolutely terrible, we will see the true Minnesota this week. I am expecting big things from Diggs this season, he makes the transition from WR3 with WR1 upside to weekly WR1 this year. 

 

With awful secondary play, there is not much analysis you can really do as a whole apart from the fact that an elite player should go off against an below average defense. Diggs destroyed the Saints as you would have expected going in. 

Edited by screaming_vultures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

There's absolutely nothing to worry about on the Pittsburg defense.

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.  Cleveland has a way better oline than Minnesota and they were in the backfield all day last week.  Bradford will get hit early and often tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vikings waived S Antone Exum.

With Sam Bradford (knee) questionable, the Vikings are adding QB Kyle Sloter as insurance. Exum was a healthy scratch Week 1, but could be re-signed if he clears waivers.

Source: vikings.com 

Sep 16 - 3:11 PM

 

This obviously is not a confidence booster for Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph owners. Yeah Bradford will start but how confident is anybody he will finish? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Vikings waived S Antone Exum.

With Sam Bradford (knee) questionable, the Vikings are adding QB Kyle Sloter as insurance. Exum was a healthy scratch Week 1, but could be re-signed if he clears waivers.

Source: vikings.com 

Sep 16 - 3:11 PM

 

This obviously is not a confidence booster for Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph owners. Yeah Bradford will start but how confident is anybody he will finish? 

 

Has Diggs, Thielen, or Rudolph played QB? :D  But then again, you could get minus points like Dalton in week one. Minus 4 in my league

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Vikings waived S Antone Exum.

With Sam Bradford (knee) questionable, the Vikings are adding QB Kyle Sloter as insurance. Exum was a healthy scratch Week 1, but could be re-signed if he clears waivers.

Source: vikings.com 

Sep 16 - 3:11 PM

 

This obviously is not a confidence booster for Diggs, Thielen, and Rudolph owners. Yeah Bradford will start but how confident is anybody he will finish? 

 

Wow, to go from Bradford to Keenum.....how devastating this would be for so many Vikings players except possibly Cook. I doubt Keenum could deliver the ball to Diggs on the outside very consistently, but I think Thielen might still be okay. Would Rudolph still be the main goal line target with Keenum pitching it?  I don't know. 

 

This is just dreadful and what concerns CERN's me even more is that this is probably not just a one game deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

 

Wow, to go from Bradford to Keenum.....how devastating this would be for so many Vikings players except possibly Cook. I doubt Keenum could deliver the ball to Diggs on the outside very consistently, but I think Thielen might still be okay. Would Rudolph still be the main goal line target with Keenum pitching it?  I don't know. 

 

This is just dreadful and what concerns CERN's me even more is that this is probably not just a one game deal. 

 

As of now, it's being reported that Bradford is a GTD. I was joking around before but not liking this at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anybody thinks a QB change from Bradford to Keemun won't severely hurt Diggs I just have one thing to say:

 

TY Hilton without Andrew Luck. 

 

I'm scerd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, martinjlm said:

If anybody thinks a QB change from Bradford to Keemun won't severely hurt Diggs I just have one thing to say:

 

TY Hilton without Andrew Luck. 

 

I'm scerd. 

 

I'm only using Bradford in one league, my backup for Luck, but if Baradford sits the amount of roster changes I'll need to make is astronomical having at least Diggs or Thielen (or Diggs and Thielen) everywhere. Might have to hire a temp. But no way am I starting either until I see what happens without Mr. Accuracy on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, martinjlm said:

Case Keenum was practicing separately yesterday and guess with whom? Thelien, not Diggs.

Vikes just promoted a third QB for the game tomorrow.

If Bradford is gimpy tomorrow he's throwing to the slot (Thelien) and dump offs (Cook) not deep (Diggs).

Diggs is trending waaay down.

 

This is not the way they use Diggs. He runs a ton of short and intermediate crossing routes. He's had multiple games with a HUGE number of catches with relatively low yardage.

 

12 hours ago, iheartrubio said:

I wouldn’t be so sure about that.  Cleveland has a way better oline than Minnesota and they were in the backfield all day last week.  Bradford will get hit early and often tomorrow. 

 

Steelers stacked the box against the Browns all day long because there was no pass threat. They wouldn't do that against Bradford/Diggs/Thielen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.