dashoe

Stefon Diggs 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

wait, people who started Diggs all season are in the playoffs? or you guys just trying to decide between BN1, BN2, and BNflex for him??

Believe it or not some team managers focus on building the best possible rosters in every slot vs just counting on a single player or 2 to carry their team

Diggs got one end zone target v. Carolina with Rudolph in there.  I expect Diggs to get 2 or 3 now, against a short-handed Cincy D.

Giddyup!  Yah Yah!

39 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Diggs got one end zone target v. Carolina with Rudolph in there.  I expect Diggs to get 2 or 3 now, against a short-handed Cincy D.

Giddyup!  Yah Yah!

Why? Diggs perimeter role won't change. If anything, this upgrades the RB screen game.

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Why? Diggs perimeter role won't change. If anything, this upgrades the RB screen game.

yep. Minny's RB's are going to have a field day on cincy. Very bad LB group over there

10 minutes ago, Chippa said:

yep. Minny's RB's are going to have a field day on cincy. Very bad LB group over there

Exactly - look what Howard did last week.

34 minutes ago, Chippa said:

and don't forget WR screens to our man DEEG

Vikings seem to favor the pass when they get near the goalline.

I would imagine with Dre Kirkpatrick being ruled out, this is the best news for Diggs, and if no Rudolph, that can’t hurt him either. so I will bump him up to 6-70 yds Sunday.  (No tds of course) 

Ppr: 13

standard: 7

20 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I would imagine with Dre Kirkpatrick being ruled out, this is the best news for Diggs, and if no Rudolph, that can’t hurt him either. so I will bump him up to 6-70 yds Sunday.  (No tds of course) 

Jackson will still be covering Diggs, and the loss of Rudolph will boost the RBs and Thielen moreso than Diggs.  Keenum will just target where the path of least resistance will be, which is the middle of the field to Thielen and on the ground.

Or maybe all the Vikings will have big games.  This is a Cincy team that just lost by nearly 30...to the Woeful Chicago Bears.  Bengals are cooked.

And if you think Diggs stays in one spot in the formation all game, you haven't been watching Minnesota play this year.

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

if Kirkpatrick is out, that actually bodes well for Cincy. Marvin Lewis is a coach that will start a lesser player who is a veteran, over a talented better player who is younger. William Jackson is a fantastic corner. Dre K is average-below average

8 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Or maybe all the Vikings will have big games.  This is a Cincy team that just lost by nearly 30...to the Woeful Chicago Bears.  Bengals are cooked.

And if you think Diggs stays in one spot in the formation all game, you haven't been watching Minnesota play this year.

If you've been watching Minny play all year then you know that Thielen is Keenum's go to guy, and with Rudolph out those up the middle passes are only going to one guy, and it's not gonna be Diggs running on the outside with Jackson blanketed on him.  I mean I guess if you want 4-6pts from Diggs then you can start him.  He got 10 targets last week and still disappointed, his trend won't change much.

14 hours ago, TheINC said:

If you've been watching Minny play all year then you know that Thielen is Keenum's go to guy, and with Rudolph out those up the middle passes are only going to one guy, and it's not gonna be Diggs running on the outside with Jackson blanketed on him.  I mean I guess if you want 4-6pts from Diggs then you can start him.  He got 10 targets last week and still disappointed, his trend won't change much.

I want a big performance and some big plays.  That's why I am rolling with Diggs against a collapsing Bengals team in Minnesota with Kyle Rudolph out.  

Sherman wrote a column he posted on Twitter of the top 5 most underrated and most difficult wide receivers to cover... Diggs was one of them.

45 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Sherman wrote a column he posted on Twitter of the top 5 most underrated and most difficult wide receivers to cover... Diggs was one of them.

Link?  Good stuff...

On 12/15/2017 at 10:04 AM, cs3 said:

wait, people who started Diggs all season are in the playoffs? or you guys just trying to decide between BN1, BN2, and BNflex for him??

Sure, compared to WRs who were drafted before him like Pryor, DeVante Parker, Amari Cooper, Sammy Watkins, Allen Robinson, OBJ, its not like a risky boom-bust, low floor WR who has also had some #1 overall WR ceilings early in the year, is a colossal bust.

He mostly seems like a colossal bust because he briefly looked like a WR1, but he is what he was drafted at. A risky WR3 with occasional WR1 upside. 

He has worked o.k. in my flex as a risk, but who when he blows up pretty much seals the deal. 

Its not like he was drafted as a safe WR1. He was drafted as a middleish round high upside risk/gamble. That's what he is. 

On 12/15/2017 at 12:50 PM, fillypkno3 said:

No Kyle Rudolph upgrades diggs rankings

Apparently he is playing now

On 12/15/2017 at 4:52 PM, TheINC said:

Jackson will still be covering Diggs, and the loss of Rudolph will boost the RBs and Thielen moreso than Diggs.  Keenum will just target where the path of least resistance will be, which is the middle of the field to Thielen and on the ground.

Yeah, I think you are spot on here.  I was hoping for some good reason to play Diggs in this important game but even with Cinci shorthanded at the CB position, this does look like a big Thielen game.  I still can’t believe I traded him and kept Diggs. Don’t throw stones at me...I lost David Johnson so I was hurting at the RB position. 

Ok...Mike Wallace you are back in for Diggs. Do it brother.....

I'm playing Diggs hoping for one of his 2 Td home game showings, could I be wrong? Sure, but wtf, its fantasy

Just now, philnutz said:

I'm playing Diggs hoping for one of his 2 Td home game showings, could I be wrong? Sure, but wtf, its fantasy

Same. I am banking on Bengals just giving up. 

Diggs keeps calling me from the bench  saying 'put me in coach!"

Sorry son I like you and i do believe in you,  just not today. :mellow:

I'd be hesitant to start him this week. Out of his 6 touchdowns, only 1 came on the road. He sucks outdoors, on grass. 

44 minutes ago, TomisTerrific said:

I'd be hesitant to start him this week. Out of his 6 touchdowns, only 1 came on the road. He sucks outdoors, on grass. 

GB secondary is a dumpster fire tho. Also if the falcons win tonight they will knock GB out of the playoff mix giving them nothing to play for. Minny is still fighting for the #1 seed and home field throughout. I'll be starting Diggs with confidence.