Poor_Mans_Sportscast

Legarrette Blount 2017 Season Outlook

Darren Sproles is 5'6" 190 lbs.  Donnel Pumphrey is 5'9" 176 lbs.  Wendell Smallwood is 5'10" 210 lbs.

LeGarrette Blount is 6'0" 250 lbs.

He won't be cut.  He won't be traded.  He will be the short yardage and goalline back at a minimum, and should mix in on early downs as well.  He's borderline startable in a standard league, and flex/depth fodder in mid-sized or larger PPR leagues.

Edited by Axe Elf

We all know Blount will be the goal line back. He's not much more than that. To be of any value the Eagles have to get to the goal line. The Eagles offense ain't no Patriots. Will be a pass for me.

He's going to get goal line carries and short yardage carries, most likely. Depends on how Smallwood fairs. A touchdown is very realistic.

Nice to see him involved. Was expecting worse way things were overblown prior to season.. Tough match up this week @KC. Not starting him but def a good sign he's alive and well in the offense.

hard to stash both smallwood and clement on a roster...already have smallwood...man i cant stand all the news that comes out of eagles camp on the running backs...it wasnt even true for week 1. 

I guess every else sat him at the Chiefs anyway.  But wow. That was awful.

If it happens again, maybe he'll leave the field early, get cut, and get picked up by the Pats again. That worked out well for fantasy owners who had him as a Steeler.

Can sproles at his age and size continue to be the bellcow and can the eagles really choose not to run the ball ar all? Last year even Matthews got some run and had some value and Blount is better than Ryan Matthews 

I think he's a great buy low candidate. Dude had 18 (!!!!!) TDs last year. Obviously he won't get close to that, but I think he could still get 6-8 TDs this season