Rolling Thunder

Davante Adams 2017 Season Outlook

Just sitting here expecting Cobb to have a nice game with Adams probably limited / not 100%, but nah he goes from being stretchered off the field to putting up 25+ points and a game-winning touchdown the next week.

What a beast

2 hours ago, Dirtywater97 said:

Where did you see this? I read he suffered a Hamstring injury... never good for a WR.

: It appears as though Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson was battling an apparent hamstring injury against the Dallas Cowboys, per NFL.com.

Yeah I stand corrected. The report of no injury came out right after the game, but they changed their tune today.

image.png.557c615e3c9650ca5c43eaec22dcf073.png

Wonder if he can sneak into WR1 conversation.  Looks real nice gettingeasy separation of the line.

54 minutes ago, TTRA1N said:

Wonder if he can sneak into WR1 conversation.  Looks real nice gettingeasy separation of the line.

Maybe. Julio doesn't score, odell is out for season, and brown is dealing with Big Bens struggles. There's room for Adams to go from WR2 to a . Adams is fully healthy with Aaron Rodgers throwing to him and a he gets touchdowns all day

Edited by Shredded

He just looks so much slimmer and faster this year and the routes look much more crisp. I am very impressed.

Could definitely see him finishing as a top 12 WR by seasons end. Dude gets separation at will and is a TD magnet. Once the Packers OL gets fully healthy the yardage from big passing plays will also come. High-end WR2 at worst.

Welp. So much for the optimism. Literally the worst thing that could have happened for his fantasy outlook happened today.

For anyone not watching the game, don't let the stat line fool you (as average as it is). He got his TD on a scramble/broken play and had one catch all game (the TD) before the last drive when the Vikings were more or less playing prevent defense.

Hundley targeted Adams 10 times( 5 receptions) with Rhodes on him most of the game. All things consider it, I ll take it 

Benefited from garbage time.. Could generally be his outlook going forward unless Hundley develops a preference for Adams. Not feeling great about his season outlook but it's going to be difficult to trade him now so I suppose we need to see how things operate next week with a week of preparation and game planning with Hundley as the starter. 

Edited by MoonBlaster

Just now, izzyf89 said:

Do you guys feel comfortable with him as your WR2 moving forward?  

I do. I will most likely start him. This week he could be pretty good. They will most likely throw it too who ever isn't covered by Lattimore. 

Yes I am a bit perplexed with his value and how he will perform going forward hopefully hundley is decent 

1 hour ago, izzyf89 said:

Do you guys feel comfortable with him as your WR2 moving forward?  

Not at all.   But I can’t trade him and don’t have a better option sooooo.....   here goes nothing 

4 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Not at all.   But I can’t trade him and don’t have a better option sooooo.....   here goes nothing 

i agree. I don't feel comfortable with him but no use trying to trade him right now. you kind of just have to hold and wait and see and hopefully you have somebody you're more confident in to start at your wr2. 

I think you guys will be surprised by Hundley. Obviously he's not Rodgers, but he can throw the ball when given a bit of time. Last week was awful losing Bakhtiari, Taylor, in addition to Rodgers against Minnesota on the road. He looked okay given the circumstances. With 1st team reps all week and going against a weaker defense he will be better. Then the bye week settles in, guys get a chance to heal up, and Hundley gets to continue to grind. He will get the ball to Adams and Nelson. I wouldn't be as down on them as some appear to be. 

3 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

I think you guys will be surprised by Hundley. Obviously he's not Rodgers, but he can throw the ball when given a bit of time. Last week was awful losing Bakhtiari, Taylor, in addition to Rodgers against Minnesota on the road. He looked okay given the circumstances. With 1st team reps all week and going against a weaker defense he will be better. Then the bye week settles in, guys get a chance to heal up, and Hundley gets to continue to grind. He will get the ball to Adams and Nelson. I wouldn't be as down on them as some appear to be. 

I agree...I think Adams is actually a great buy low right now, considering the majority of people think he will be worthless without Rodgers. I think GB offense will run a lot differently with Hundley at QB, but I also think that Adams is a great route runner, who will run most of the short to intermediate routes, that Hundley will need to hit to be successful in the early going. I'm assuming red zone opportunities won't be as plentiful, which will slow down the TDs, but GB will also be playing catch up more often, which is great for Adams in PPR formats. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I don't think Adams value takes that big of a hit. I actually wouldn't be overly surprised if he and Hundley build some chemistry, and his value even gets a slight bump ?

5 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

I agree...I think Adams is actually a great buy low right now, considering the majority of people think he will be worthless without Rodgers. I think GB offense will run a lot differently with Hundley at QB, but I also think that Adams is a great route runner, who will run most of the short to intermediate routes, that Hundley will need to hit to be successful in the early going. I'm assuming red zone opportunities won't be as plentiful, which will slow down the TDs, but GB will also be playing catch up more often, which is great for Adams in PPR formats. Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I don't think Adams value takes that big of a hit. I actually wouldn't be overly surprised if he and Hundley build some chemistry, and his value even gets a slight bump ?

Doubt it but we can only hope. Perhaps he does become Hundley's favorite target over Nelson. 

4 hours ago, nk3323 said:

He DID catch a Td from Hundley,  so there's some hope 

And it wasn't in garbage time like someone alluded to earlier. 

On 10/18/2017 at 8:43 AM, smetana34 said:

And it wasn't in garbage time like someone alluded to earlier. 

.....on a broken play might i add.

I believe Adams will be the No. 1 target due to Nelson's physical limitations. They will be highlighted due to not having that Rodgers chemistry/ timing that helped create separation. He'll play stud rookie CB Marshon Lattimore on most snaps. Sadly, It's time to sell high a week while that Hundley TD pass to him is still fresh. His stock will drop considerably if he doesn't hit around 10 points vs NO.

On Sunday, October 15, 2017 at 9:24 PM, MoonBlaster said:
On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 6:46 PM, Tenner said:

I do. I will most likely start him. This week he could be pretty good. They will most likely throw it too who ever isn't covered by Lattimore. 

Just reading Adams should see alot of Lattimore this week. 

Houston,,,,,,,,,,,  We have a problem 

6 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Houston,,,,,,,,,,,  We have a problem 

where did you read this?

the target numbers will be very interesting to monitor. i expect hundley to lock on to one guy primarily between adams and jordy and for some reason i feel like adams will be his guy. i kind of want to bench him for some higher floor options (amendola in ppr) to see how things shake out.