TX Babe Ruth

Alfred Morris 2017 Season Outlook

The crazy thing is that Rod Smith actually vultured a TD last night and Morris still ended up with a big day.

2 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

The crazy thing is that Rod Smith actually vultured a TD last night and Morris still ended up with a big day.

That was frustrating to watch. Charity for Rod apparently.

5 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Didnt watch the end ... wondering if he got the touch after the game was pretty much over + Morris had nearly 30 carries 

My (only) concern with Morris is the workload. Tell me he’s gettiing 20 carries - and there only a handful of backs I’d rather have 

yes. it was complete garbage time. The result was actually good for Morris' outlook since Smith got stuffed twice before finally getting in. I'm 99% sure they would have put Morris in if the game had been on the line, either for all three carries or after Smith got stuffed the first time.

13 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

I could get super petty right now and quote all the geniuses who swore they were making McFadden inactive to "keep him fresh", or that Rod Smith was the smart pickup because of what he did in the pre-season vs. camp fodder.

Instead I'll just say congrats to anyone who held on to the right Cowboys back-up RB. Signs were there from the start of the season that Morris would be next in line.

Lol this reminds me of the AP thread when he had his big first game.  Game script went perfect for Morris this week.  Dallas should of been down 10-0 in the first but Wash gave the game away and they were up 17-0.  If you can guarantee me Dallas opponent will give away every game like this then yes Morris is easily the top RB.  But lets not forget his first two starts Smith got 18 and 5 more snaps then Morris.  

10 minutes ago, lavaman said:

But.....can Morris do it again next week??  Hmmmm...

100-1 isn't out of the question against NYG...Cowboy Defense gets a boost next week with Lee coming back too. DAL should be able to carry the lead and feed Morris again.

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

100-1 isn't out of the question against NYG...Cowboy Defense gets a boost next week with Lee coming back too. DAL should be able to carry the lead and feed Morris again.

Also their o-line is finally playing better again...they looked dominating last night. With Lee coming back as you say, I like their chances at establishing the running game again.

just like i did alex collins and L Murray earlier this year.. i cut bait a week too early on morris, you guys are welcome

Benched him 30 mins before game time for my 1st Round pick Freeman.   Boy do I feel stupid.

2 more decent match ups coming up though. It would help if Dak looked like a QB too.  

you guys feel more confident in Morris then say someone like Collins?  They are pretty neck and neck high RB2s..

1 minute ago, nosh0t said:

you guys feel more confident in Morris then say someone like Collins?  They are pretty neck and neck high RB2s..

I honestly think Morris can go either way vs NYG. He hasn't put up consistent numbers yet.

8 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

I honestly think Morris can go either way vs NYG. He hasn't put up consistent numbers yet.

Thats why I lean towards collins as long as he stops practicing with sunglasses.  3 straight great games and seemingly good floor.  

2 hours ago, nosh0t said:

I really like Morris this week.  I liked the matchup better when Eli wasn't going to be starting but even with Eli the NYG offense has been stagnant.  I don't own Collins but I do have Morris above Lynch this week.

I am starting Morris with confidence.  The only way he doesn't get 18+ carries is if the gameflow forces the Cowboys to go pass heavy, and I'm having a hard time seeing this game go that way.  Morris tends to take some reps to get into a rhythm, but once he does, he grinds out yards.  The best game plan for the Cowboys is to go run heavy, keep the home team off the field, protect Dak, and use the run to set up the pass.  I see 9 points (standard) as his floor against this middling Giants defense with nothing left to play for.

ive been holding Morris in 2 money leagues since week 4, and this is the moment I've been doing that for.  I'll sink or swim with him.

Edited by FeastMode

6 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Starting him without any confidence.

Yep.. Me too.  One more week without Zeke.  :wacko:

10 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Starting him without any confidence.

lol.... Us (me) need the team to win. Playoffs 

6 minutes ago, raltherr said:

Yep.. Me too.  One more week without Zeke.  :wacko:

It won’t matter if our team loses 

I've managed to pick the wrong Cowboys RB every week.. I still think Alf gets the bulk of the carries once more however I don't know if that necessarily means much with Rod doing way more with his limited touches. A true coin flip as far as I'm concerned

3 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

I've managed to pick the wrong Cowboys RB every week.. I still think Alf gets the bulk of the carries once more however I don't know if that necessarily means much with Rod doing way more with his limited touches. A true coin flip as far as I'm concerned

Pretty much sums it up. 

If only DAL could stick with one lead back. Would make our FF lives so much easier.

36 minutes ago, MoonBlaster said:

I figure since Rod had last week, this is Morris' week. That's about as much logic as you can apply. 

i would hope he repeats his performance against the redskins vs the raiders. hopefully he gets some big holes and big YPC vs the raiders that they just use him as a workhorse. 

6 minutes ago, brosephd said:

i would hope he repeats his performance against the redskins vs the raiders. hopefully he gets some big holes and big YPC vs the raiders that they just use him as a workhorse. 

I'm thinking the scenario might be more of a 60/40 split, a DMurray/DHenry kind of split, and considering the way the Raiders have been performing that just might be serviceable, even in the playoffs. Flex / RB2. Alf is running well, it's just that so is Rod.