PBR me ASAP

Kevin White 2017 Season Outlook

I have White in my dynasty league and still want to hang on to him. 

Chicago Bears WR Kevin White has been limited to four games in his first two years due to injuries, but head coach John Fox appears to like how his third season is starting.

FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW 

White had amazing ability two years ago, but have these injuries robbed him of his speed and playmaking skills? We'll have to wait and see. We still have stock in White in dynasty formats as it's tough to let go of a former first-round pick (and we're just stubborn sometimes). Fantasy owners in redraft leagues should look at him as a late-round flier. He's WR59 (12.07) in 12-team PPR leagues at this time.

White-doctson-perriman all injured early high picks i'm targeting late rounds with massive upside. 

31 minutes ago, dashoe said:

White-doctson-perriman all injured early high picks i'm targeting late rounds with massive upside. 

Doctson is different. He's only disappointed one season and is in the best offense of the three. 

Washington is certainly the best offense (and QB) by far.

Since that amazing 2014 WR draft class, only Cooper and Thomas seem to have secured a place among the leagues elite WRs.  This is the season we see a few new ones emerge.

Need to see Coleman, Doctson, Perriman and White take their preseason snaps to determine who looks the part of a breakout stud.  For me, the eye test will be a factor in who I target.  

White certainly could be a value pick this year.  He's available pretty late right now.

Don't forget too, Doctson will compete with Reed, Pryor and Crowder for targets.  For better or worse, Coleman, Perriman and White are not going to play 3rd or 4th fiddle in their respective offenses.

Just did a mock and had to choose between Kevin White and Josh Doctson, that was such a hard pick for me.

Where do you stand on comparing these 2 young guys that have massive upside but haven't shown it yet?

Are we still at wait and see for preseason?

It will most likely take 2 injuries within the bears wrs corps before one emerges as a viable ff player. I would not draft a bear wr this year, as the one that most likely leads the team in production will be found via the waiver wire.

Being a Bear fan, I don't like any Bears WR this year. 

If your looking to take a flier, I think it's on Kevin White just purely based upon his raw ability. 

People seem to have a good amount of faith that Doctson is still the best WR on the Redskins.  I think people are losing faith in White being that guy for the Bears though.  I think I'd give Doctson the edge but I'm not sure I'd draft either of them in a regular draft.  I like Meredith this year and if he's not going to be the man in Chicago then the guy who will be can be had off of waivers.

10 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Just did a mock and had to choose between Kevin White and Josh Doctson, that was such a hard pick for me.

Where do you stand on comparing these 2 young guys that have massive upside but haven't shown it yet?

Are we still at wait and see for preseason?

If you are picking now, I'd lean Doctson because he has the better QB situation and he is healthy.

Conversely, White has a clearer path to volume given less quality competition for touches vs. Doctson competing with Reed, Pryor, & Crowder.

Meredith is good, but can be moved to the side as the WR1 in Chicago given White is a superior talent.

If both players are fully healthy going in to the season, I'd go with White as he could become the goto receiver in Chicago.

Doctson is also a great talent, but there are a couple of other talented guys there where Cousins already has already established rapport.

15 minutes ago, Winky said:

If you are picking now, I'd lean Doctson because he has the better QB situation and he is healthy.

Conversely, White has a clearer path to volume given less quality competition for touches vs. Doctson competing with Reed, Pryor, & Crowder.

Meredith is good, but can be moved to the side as the WR1 in Chicago given White is a superior talent.

If both players are fully healthy going in to the season, I'd go with White as he could become the goto receiver in Chicago.

Doctson is also a great talent, but there are a couple of other talented guys there where Cousins already has already established rapport.

This is where I'm at today, but Gosh Dang, I'm conflicted.  I always take the clearer path, regardless of QB, but this one is very close for me.

I'm hoping TC and PS can make this decision easier for me.... but not too much cause I don't want the masses to be flocking after my guys lol.

1 hour ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

This is where I'm at today, but Gosh Dang, I'm conflicted.  I always take the clearer path, regardless of QB, but this one is very close for me.

I'm hoping TC and PS can make this decision easier for me.... but not too much cause I don't want the masses to be flocking after my guys lol.

I'm avoiding chicago wr's until there is a better indicator from camp where the hierarchy is with white-kendall-cruz-whaeton-meredith-randle obviously expect white to take the lead given his talent but it is currently a grab bag of guys who can affect the assumed outcome that white and meredith are the leads. particularly when there is a QB competition. Glennon is the starter but if he uscks and gets benched during the season  tribisky may favor a new target and it's a new scramble.  Bears skills positions guys always perplex me

Any update on him post preseason week 1 no targets?

I am trying to decide between him and Lockett. I know White has the "talent" edge, but Lockett seemed really good in the games before he was hurt. 

Currently going pick 11.04 pick 150 overall. 

This looks like a deal to me. 

He sucks this year and his career could be starting to look shaky overall. 

I'll bet on a guy that's inching closer to potentially a gotta have it campaign. 

ive liked this guys talent since entering the league he just has not been able to show up yet. now with news hes unsure of himself and still not having a great camp/preseason im starting to look away. I think hes far enough down on the board where you can pick him as a flier and not destroy your year. But at the same time he could possibly be the best thing you do this draft. o the choices hahah

2 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Any update on him post preseason week 1 no targets?

I am trying to decide between him and Lockett. I know White has the "talent" edge, but Lockett seemed really good in the games before he was hurt. 

I'd pass on him. Bears have been trying positive reinforcement with White and been showing him on highlights from his WV days. You know things are bad when that is taking place. He should never have been drafted as high as he was by the Bears.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-what-we-learned-spt-0801-20170731-story.html

3 hours ago, burninglegs said:

I'd pass on him. Bears have been trying positive reinforcement with White and been showing him on highlights from his WV days. You know things are bad when that is taking place. He should never have been drafted as high as he was by the Bears.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/football/bears/ct-bears-what-we-learned-spt-0801-20170731-story.html

Bears were This []  close to Amari Cooper ..... :angry:

3 hours ago, burninglegs said:

The story about showing him highlights was already proven to be bogus and an overreaction.  They did actually watch film of White but they also watched film of other WRs.  I don't even think it was the WR coach that wanted them to do it, I think the WRs decided to do it.

He's played 4 games in those games he's played a ton of snaps and has averaged 9 targets. GM Pace and may tell coach fox to feed him to prove taking him at 7th wasn't a epic bust and maybe saves his job. I have my doubts but for where he is going I am buying.

Lets get real their QB situation is atrocious just as bad as the Jets IMHO

3 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

I disagree with that. Mike Glennon and the rookie Trubisky are better options by a big distance over the Jets' situation

2 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

I disagree with that. Mike Glennon and the rookie Trubisky are better options by a big distance over the Jets' situation

Based on what track record for both guys

Edited by azeri98
adding

2 hours ago, azeri98 said:

:unsure:  You serious Clark?

3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

The story about showing him highlights was already proven to be bogus and an overreaction.  They did actually watch film of White but they also watched film of other WRs.  I don't even think it was the WR coach that wanted them to do it, I think the WRs decided to do it.

Are you sure? Sounds like a Bears thing to do.