PBR me ASAP

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, gimme the ball said:

Don't Doctson's targets HAVE to go up if they're "actively expanding" his role? And isn't he a talented WR? What's been the biggest obstacle? 

Dont believe coach speak.....they all say what we want to hear. He was a top draft choice but has been injured a lot and apparently he can’t move up the pecking order. 

I don't know, but I am not dropping this guy. He's the inevitable 8/100/2 waiting to happen, and I wont miss it. A TD machine in the making....

Don't Doctson's targets HAVE to go up if they're "actively expanding" his role? And isn't he a talented WR? What's been the biggest obstacle? 

Well, they almost have to go up because they basically can't go any lower, regardless of any coachspeak we might have heard.

Edited by Fiveohnine

8 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

I don't know, but I am not dropping this guy. He's the inevitable 8/100/2 waiting to happen, and I wont miss it. A TD machine in the making....

That’s gonna be a pretty tough line to post on 2 targets

14 minutes ago, gimme the ball said:

kirk throwing to his TE and rb. They are winning games with that formula

I'm going to pick him up. I feel that soon enough he will take over for Pryor. Doctson can be great. 

4 minutes ago, izzyf89 said:

Where do you guys rank this guy in ROS WR flyers along with Williams, Davis, Juju etc?

1a.) Davis

1b.) Doctson

3.) Juju

4.) Williams

29 minutes ago, izzyf89 said:

Where do you guys rank this guy in ROS WR flyers along with Williams, Davis, Juju etc?

1.Doctson

2. Juju

3. Davis

4. Williams

Edited by Steelers0087

Can we believe any of this hot air coming out of Washington? Grant played more snaps then Doctson on Sunday, if I am not mistaken. I can totally see a priority add in 12-team leagues.. but ten team leagues, wait and see for me.

Edited by Brettg57

9 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Can we believe any of this hot air coming out of Washington? Grant played more snaps then Doctson on Sunday, if I am not mistaken. I can totally see a priority add in 12-team leagues.. but ten team leagues, wait and see for me.

Who knows. But Grant sucks. Pryor sucks. Jamison sucks. Doctson does not suck. So far he only has 4 catches, with two of those being TDs. He holds that catch against KC and he has 3 TDs in as many games. 

Coach speak is that. But for those wanting to read in between the lines this is interesting:

“We are going to actively expand [his role], without a doubt,” Gruden said. “He didn’t get as many reps as I would like at the end of the day when you look at the numbers, but it’s our job. We have got to get him in there more and expand it.”

Gruden has often said Doctson’s role would expand once he displayed consistency at practice, which appears to be the case at this point. He has been hampered by injuries through his first two seasons with the team that have stunted his growth, namely a lingering Achilles’ injury that kept him out for all but two games during his rookie year.

“We still have to realize he’s in his second year and last year he didn’t practice a lot,” Gruden said. “Before we start throwing more on his plate, we’ve got to make sure he can handle the little bit that’s on his plate already, which I know he can. I know he can play some ‘X’ and ‘Z’ now. Now it’s a matter of getting him out there at practice, making sure he can handle the workload and the mental load of it. We will definitely put him out there at X at some point here soon.”

There are certain personnel groupings geared for Doctson — including in red-zone packages in which the Redskins like to use his big frame — but Gruden said there are other groupings in which he rotates with the other receivers.

“We just have got to do a better job of the personnel groups that he is not a starter in to get him in,” Gruden said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/football-insider/wp/2017/10/17/josh-doctson-hasnt-received-many-reps-but-the-redskins-intend-to-change-that/?utm_term=.cb2f20efc1cb

Maybe I'm a sucker for coach speak, but none of the other WRs are lighting the world on fire. They are waiting for someone to step up and perform. Doctson has flashed in limited touches. They have a stretch of games upcoming where the Redskins offense will need to move the ball, put up yards and put up TDs. I'm willing to bet as a end of bench WR stash that Doctson will have a bigger role this season. I'm patient to wait. If you need someone to perform now, he isn't right for you. If you are patient and willing to wait, he could be fore you.

From a couple of weeks back: 

Josh Doctson is the Must-stash High Ceiling Player in Fantasy Football

by Minion Army, October 1, 2017

Josh Doctson’s Immense Upside

Why? Because Josh Doctson’s profile defines upside.

1. College Dominator Rating – Doctson was an epic producer at TCU.
  2. Breakout Age – He scored 5 TDs as a true freshman at Wyoming before transferring.
  3. Burst Score – 97th percentile Vertical Jump + Broad Jump.
  4. Catch Radius – Demonstrated by one of the most impressive touchdown catches of the season.
  5. SPARQ-x Score – All-around exceptional size-adjusted athlete.

Fantasy Outlook

Washington threw the ball 630 times last season, and look for that pass to run ratio to skew pass-heavy again this season as Washington plays division rivals in the weeks ahead. Josh Doctso is the perfect high-upside bench stash who could be what we all wanted Terrelle PryorP to become.

https://www.playerprofiler.com/article/josh-doctson-must-stash-high-ceiling-player-fantasy-football/

I see the redskins situation similar to eagles, cousins spreads the ball around too much to make any one receiver that relevant similar to wentz, these eagles and redskins receivers are gonna be a crapshoot all year

Seriously thinking of starting him this week.  It’s a good matchup and I don’t see the Redskins have success running the football which will force Cousins to throw

6 hours ago, gus030 said:

I see the redskins situation similar to eagles, cousins spreads the ball around too much to make any one receiver that relevant similar to wentz, these eagles and redskins receivers are gonna be a crapshoot all year

Not like the Redskins WRs have stepped up to tr plate and performed this season. They all have been bad. Even Reed. This offense is waiting for some WR to step up and perform. Doctson has done well on limited touches and earned more. If he keeps getting more you aren't getting him for free off waivers. So you grab now when free and wait patiently to see how things shake out. 

7 hours ago, gus030 said:

Kirk is spreading the ball around quite a bit and he is leaning on his rd/te as his primary pass catchers and the team is winning games. after 6 weeks we havent seen any reason for them to deviate from the formula. 

Best case scenario for Doctson is he grabs targets from pryor and grant as he keeps making catches.

After scouring the WW I decided Josh Doctson offers me my best chance to succeed. The dude is so athletic and even that pass he dropped that could have won the game was an amazing effort. He went so high and snagged it. To bad he couldn’t hold when he hit the ground. Anyhow, I know this is risky because he might not get the targets, but neither does Martavis Bryant. 

So goodbye Martavis, hello Josh.  Welcome to my team.  I already inserted you into my starting  lineup this week on Monday Night Football. 

54 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Not like the Redskins WRs have stepped up to tr plate and performed this season. They all have been bad. Even Reed. This offense is waiting for some WR to step up and perform. Doctson has done well on limited touches and earned more. If he keeps getting more you aren't getting him for free off waivers. So you grab now when free and wait patiently to see how things shake out. 

I told you I was serious about shipping Martavis off for someone from waivers.  It was either Josh or Mike Williams. Since I own Corey Davis, I figured I didn’t need two rookies overcoming injury. Plus, back injuries scare me more.  Josh went through injuries last year. I think he is ready. I know Wash is treating him with kid gloves, but hopefully it is time to take them off. 

17 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Dont believe coach speak.....they all say what we want to hear. He was a top draft choice but has been injured a lot and apparently he can’t move up the pecking order. 

ya...  If anything he's calling this out to give the DC on the other side something to think about this week.