PBR me ASAP

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

If anything he might get the squeaky wheel treatment this week and get peppered with targets. Could really use him as a bye week filler.

11 minutes ago, ragrag said:

ya...  If anything he's calling this out to give the DC on the other side something to think about this week. 

Yeah, like, "hey d coordinator, better pucker your ahole cause i just found my aj green and got him healthy and now im gonna play him at the "z" and rip you a new one with him"

And then jim schwartz will be all like:

schwartz2.jpeg.cf.jpg

23 minutes ago, ragrag said:

ya...  If anything he's calling this out to give the DC on the other side something to think about this week. 

That is a very valid point.  Let the DC spend more time plotting to stop Josh while he continues to checkdown to Chris Thompson. Lol

1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

this thread has been a rollercoaster...  the hype.... the disappointment... the hype... the disappointment...

we uh... back to the hype now?? would you drop Crowder for him? 

I wouldn’t.  I have learned one thing while reading these threads....most of us are desperate hopeful owners looking for that missing piece to give us wholeness.  We want to believe!  Don’t take us too seriously. Look at the 10 facts below more than our muttering. 

Fact......

1.Josh to date has gotten few targets

2. Josh does get tds on those few targets

3. Josh was a first round draft choice last year

4.josh gets injured a lot

5. There are many mouths to feed in DC

6. Cousins is a good qb

7. Wash throws a lot

8. Josh looks the part with that lean body who can jump very high....

9. Coach speak says Josh’s role will expand

10.coach speak is ........just coach speak.

Now make the call!

4 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I wouldn’t.  I have learned one thing while reading these threads....most of us are desperate hopeful owners looking for that missing piece to give us wholeness.  We want to believe!  Don’t take us too seriously. Look at the 10 facts below more than our muttering. 

Fact......

1.Josh to date has gotten few targets

2. Josh does get tds on those few targets

3. Josh was a first round draft choice last year

4.josh gets injured a lot

5. There are many mouths to feed in DC

6. Cousins is a good qb

7. Wash throws a lot

8. Josh looks the part with that lean body who can jump very high....

9. Coach speak says Josh’s role will expand

10.coach speak is ........just coach speak.

Now make the call!

You left out the most important fact: Cousins hates throwing to his WRs this year. Washington is currently 26th in percentage of targets to WRs with 52.9% of targets going to WRs. The Bills are 32nd with 40.6%, and the Dolphins are 1st with 71.1%.

29 minutes ago, FlyingElvis said:

You left out the most important fact: Cousins hates throwing to his WRs this year. Washington is currently 26th in percentage of targets to WRs with 52.9% of targets going to WRs. The Bills are 32nd with 40.6%, and the Dolphins are 1st with 71.1%.

Perhaps Gruden is worried they won’t be successful if they continue that trend. 

3 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Makes sense. In all likelihood it's unlikely a team can have long term success if they don't have a threat on the outside.

18 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

Many coaches are going to a more safe game plan....dump off to RB or TE close to line of scrimmage. They may not trust their OL to protect the qb or they may not trust the qb to deliver a strike. Heck, you can see Pittsburgh use this philosophy. Many dump offs to Bell or safe possession passes to Brown (not the te). 

Washington may also not have a ave a lot of confidence in their WRs for whatever reason- Pryor, Chowder, and Doctson. 

8 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Many coaches are going to a more safe game plan....dump off to RB or TE close to line of scrimmage. They may not trust their OL to protect the qb or they may not trust the qb to deliver a strike. Heck, you can see Pittsburgh use this philosophy. Many dump offs to Bell or safe possession passes to Brown (not the te). 

Washington may also not have a ave a lot of confidence in their WRs for whatever reason- Pryor, Chowder, and Doctson. 

They also happen to have one of the best (if not the best) pass-catching RBs and 2 of the best pass-catching TEs in the league, so its natural for them to play to their strengths.

Pryor looks terrible (route-running and hands), Doctson is unproven and can't stay on the field, Crowder seems just "okay" this year, and Grant is JAG.  

Would you force it to your WRs if your offense is generally still producing with the current play-calling?

he's just coming off of injury, so he deserves a chance.  The fact that he was targeted in the endzone was promising. i'll give it a couple a games and review then if the targets / pt increase and if not, then I can drop...and lost close to nothing

Hopefully Redskins keep using Doctson in the red zone and keep drawing up plays to get him the ball specifically. Not even sure how the defense would guard him on a play like this. Cousins keeps making that throw and that is a TD 10/10 times. 

My2rjsD.gif

kIFadxX.gif

11 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

After scouring the WW I decided Josh Doctson offers me my best chance to succeed. The dude is so athletic and even that pass he dropped that could have won the game was an amazing effort. He went so high and snagged it. To bad he couldn’t hold when he hit the ground. Anyhow, I know this is risky because he might not get the targets, but neither does Martavis Bryant. 

So goodbye Martavis, hello Josh.  Welcome to my team.  I already inserted you into my starting  lineup this week on Monday Night Football. 

ive been waiting to see if anyone else was thinking of doing this(drop bryant)  Ive got prior/bryant/djax and we all know how thats working out.  i like docston plus have kirk. davis is available as well....is docston upside greater than prior/bryant? 

Being a Bryant holder was really beginning to piss me off, so I dropped him for Davis before last weeks games.  Doctson's talent and size really tempted me this week but I'm not at all convinced that the targets will be there to make me comfortable starting him going forward.  I own Cousins as well.  Picked up Dion Lewis instead, bc my RB depth is weaker than WR (which means that Burkhead will be the featured back on Sunday night). 

Davis offers the most upside of the three, in my opinion.  He had me at 10 targets in his first game on the NFL.

Coach also said Perine would get the majority and that they had to get Crowder going. Neither happened. Gruden can't be trusted. I really think he has to become the guy.... But I'll let him sit in waivers until he blows up and then blow my wad to get him. This team is playing just fine with the spreading the wealth. As long as they keep using Grant over Doctson I just can't see the point in holding him. He should have been a beast by now. Either there is something else missing from his game, or nagging health or just irrational coaching.... Not sure but I swapped Doctson for Davis.

He attacks the ball. Remember two-three weeks ago when he dropped the game winning TD catch? That was incredible. That same game Pryor caught a TD pass. Watch the replays of both of those. 

Pryor body caught the pass...Doctson went up and got it. Doctson looks so much better than Pryor. This is a sleeping giant imo. I think Pryor gets benched real soon. 

12 minutes ago, giveup813 said:

Coach also said Perine would get the majority and that they had to get Crowder going. Neither happened. Gruden can't be trusted. I really think he has to become the guy.... But I'll let him sit in waivers until he blows up and then blow my wad to get him. This team is playing just fine with the spreading the wealth. As long as they keep using Grant over Doctson I just can't see the point in holding him. He should have been a beast by now. Either there is something else missing from his game, or nagging health or just irrational coaching.... Not sure but I swapped Doctson for Davis.

Titans offense isn't as high octane as what the Redskins can put out. Cousins is going to put up +4,000 yards and +30 TDs this season. For some reason, the Titans like playing conservatively. Mariota doesn't look that dynamic (yes he is injured). Mariota is going to probably put up only +3,000 yards and 20 something TDs. I'd rather go with the guy playing on the offense with the larger pie to take from.

14 minutes ago, giveup813 said:

34 minutes ago, Patsgofor6 said:

Being a Bryant holder was really beginning to piss me off, so I dropped him for Davis before last weeks games.  Doctson's talent and size really tempted me this week but I'm not at all convinced that the targets will be there to make me comfortable starting him going forward.  I own Cousins as well.  Picked up Dion Lewis instead, bc my RB depth is weaker than WR (which means that Burkhead will be the featured back on Sunday night). 

Davis offers the most upside of the three, in my opinion.  He had me at 10 targets in his first game on the NFL.

I own Davis and I just picked up Josh. I hope both can become big time players. 

Also worth noting this is basically Doctson's rookie season. Sure we wish the Redskins would ramp up his use ASAP. But I can understand them wanting to slowly increase his use. Hopefully he will be a week 10-16 player that helps propel teams late in the season. 

As a Redskins fan, I obviously hope Doctson lives up to his First Round potential, but the word going back to last season on this guy from those around the team is that he's soft.

Huge talent, yes, but I think he's still got a lot to prove to the coaching staff that he can be reliable and a fighter before they start making him a center piece of their offense.  I think Gruden is still a little skeptical... hopefully he can put a healthy run of games together and show that he can be trusted.

1 hour ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

As a Redskins fan, I obviously hope Doctson lives up to his First Round potential, but the word going back to last season on this guy from those around the team is that he's soft.

Huge talent, yes, but I think he's still got a lot to prove to the coaching staff that he can be reliable and a fighter before they start making him a center piece of their offense.  I think Gruden is still a little skeptical... hopefully he can put a healthy run of games together and show that he can be trusted.

Has to be given snap counts and then targets to show he can be trusted. You know? Doctson = who the Redskins thought they were getting in Pryor. They had him this whole time. 

13 hours ago, giveup813 said:

Coaches are worse than lawyers...Lips are moving.....

2 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Just what they need,another Jordan Reed.

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

Has to be given snap counts and then targets to show he can be trusted. You know? Doctson = who the Redskins thought they were getting in Pryor. They had him this whole time. 

Doctson snap count has been decreasing last 2 games. The coach speak is hard to accept given that everything gruden says about his WR's to the press does not translate to actual play on the field. Talent is there but opportunity is not; you can't  execute if your'e not on the field

The red zone targets have definitely been there which is encouraging.

Also encouraging: he's WR35 after missing the first two games in my standard league.

Definitely not worth it in PPR but against the Eagles secondary he's worth a gamble in standard.

Edited by Lord_Varys