PBR me ASAP

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, charliehustler said:

this defensive backfield is beat up.  If Chancelor is out also then I like this matchup a lot more.

True, but they are starting some Jimmy's and Joe's on that offensive line. Kirk hasn't had a lot of time to progress through his reads.

On 11/3/2017 at 6:55 PM, CABLE87 said:

Sherman doesnt need to shadow doctson lmao....

What was that again?

3 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Are we bashing him or praising him? Because there’s no way we could ever be pragmatic and call it like it is.

Still a hold for me. Hopefully there's more to come from this game. Sherman was on him the whole time and Doctson routinely beat Sherman, but naturally, Cousins shied away from Sherman (and I don't blame Cousins this time, because it's Sherman).

His last two catches were two of the best catches this weekend.

Edited by nb009

5 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Are we bashing him or praising him? Because there’s no way we could ever be pragmatic and call it like it is.

He's a stud WR that just isn't getting targeted in a terribly run and called offense. That's about it. Until Gruden & Cousins open up this offense, it is what it is. The talent is there, no question on my part.

1 minute ago, nb009 said:

Still a hold for me. Hopefully there's more to come from this game. Sherman was on him the whole time and Doctson routinely beat Sherman, but naturally, Cousins shied away from Sherman (and I don't blame Cousins this time, because it's Sherman).

His last two catches were two of the best catches this weekend.

Yes I came away impressed believing that he’s asserted himself as the best outside WR on the redskins. What the means I’m not sure but it should translate to at a minimum of upside WR3 production.

I think also coupled with the offense making an effort to win down the field and doctson making a very clutch catch as well as the schedule improving.

11 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

He's a stud WR that just isn't getting targeted in a terribly run and called offense. That's about it. Until Gruden & Cousins open up this offense, it is what it is. The talent is there, no question on my part.

All due respect, I think this game as called as well as could be expected by Gruden. Remember, they are down to 3rd strong offensive linemen, guys they just signed off the street during the week. Add in Seattle’s dominating pass rush today, this was as good as Kirk could have played. He was getting absolutely murdered by that dline today...quick hitters were the only option. 

Sure we’d all love to force the ball downfield more, but you’ll get Kirk killed if you ask him to hold onto it longer in games and situations like today. 

I think Doctson and this offense showed enough today to keep Doctson as a hold. As the offensive line gets healthier, and the schedule ease up, the vertical passing game will open up with it. 

Edited by UVA_Drew

13 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

All due respect, I think this game as called as well as could be expected by Gruden. Remember, they are down to 3rd strong offensive linemen, guys they just signed off the street during the week. Add in Seattle’s dominating pass rush today, this was as good as Kirk could have played. He was getting absolutely murdered by that dline today...quick hitters were the only option. 

Sure we’d all love to force the ball downfield more, but you’ll get Kirk killed if you ask him to hold onto it longer in games and situations like today. 

I think Doctson and this offense showed enough today to keep Doctson as a hold. As the offensive line gets healthier, and the schedule ease up, the vertical passing game will open up with it. 

Doctson is definitely a hold as his role and execution seems to be increasing. HE is making difficult catches Pryor couldnt make.

59 minutes ago, nb009 said:

What was that again?

Its ok, dont be salty.

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Its ok, dont be salty.

Hey, it's okay to be wrong. Man up. Don't be childish about it.

1 minute ago, nb009 said:

Hey, it's okay to be wrong. Man up. Don't be childish about it.

What exactly am i wrong about??

i want to hold onto him, or maybe drop him for woods.  I really like Doc's upside but idk, no Washington WR is useful this year.  Seems like Cousins spreads the ball around too much for any WR to be consistent 

Not sure why anyone would drop the #1 WR getting thrown at by Kirk Cousins - with an awful run game.

The best is yet to come.

4 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Not sure why anyone would drop the #1 WR getting thrown at by Kirk Cousins - with an awful run game.

The best is yet to come.

because we havent seen anything since the bye that indicates kirk will focus on targeting his wr group more or focus on his wr1.  The best we had was game 1 or 2 when pryor had double digit targets.  Playoffs are almost here ur eithe in or on the bubble fighting to get in, so Doctson is still a high risk dart throw for many teams who don't have the luxury of waiting for the best is yet to come game

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

because we havent seen anything since the bye that indicates kirk will focus on targeting his wr group more or focus on his wr1.  The best we had was game 1 or 2 when pryor had double digit targets.  Playoffs are almost here ur eithe in or on the bubble fighting to get in, so Doctson is still a high risk dart throw for many teams who don't have the luxury of waiting for the best is yet to come game

If the playoffs started today in my league, I'd be in.  I want guys who have a low floor and a very high ceiling (Doctson, Davis, JuJu, DeDe, etc) and see John Brown, Mathews,  Stills, etc on the WW.  Would rather take the risk with a young lottery ticket than get 50 yards with any of those guys.

The best is yet to come? Not this season and not with Crowder back 

Yeah I don't think we'll be getting any solid production out of him this year. I have him stashed but probably won't touch him for the ROS.

hes on WW in my 12 team league, I am not sure theres much to see here except maybe a solid floor of 6-8 points if that is what u need in ppr?

After last weeks catch late i think he will be targeted more this week. Im probably in la la fantasy land but he is my wr 3 thanks to evans susp and coopers bye week

Edited by whadeeb

On 11/8/2017 at 9:09 AM, urban2014 said:

The best is yet to come? Not this season and not with Crowder back 

Outside of one game Crowder hasn't done diddly poo offensively.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:17 AM, sambr1992 said:

Yeah I don't think we'll be getting any solid production out of him this year. I have him stashed but probably won't touch him for the ROS.

Yeah same, i have him stashed next to Josh Gordon, Josh squared lol.

Reed - always hurt

Crowder - Been gimped most of the season and not really effective

Pryor - Not good

Ryan Grant - COME ON MAN.

Gotta think Doc will be getting his soon if the skins wanna win.

Yeah, because nothing wins football games like passing to a guy who already dropped a game winner

21 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Yeah, because nothing wins football games like passing to a guy who already dropped a game winner

I guess you missed the Seattle game huh.