PBR me ASAP

Josh Doctson 2017 Season Outlook

Just now, NeroVendict said:

I guess you missed the Seattle game huh.

I guess you missed the KC game huh 

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

3/59/0 wow

I think he was referring to this catch, which set them up to win the game, but yeah a better throw and that's a game winning TD. 

26 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Yeah, because nothing wins football games like passing to a guy who already dropped a game winner

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

3/59/0 wow

But the 38 yard catch on the 1 to setup the game winning Kelley fall in. 

Just now, lolcopter said:

Congrats on the 3 points

You sound salty.

He won that football game by making that catch. Go eat your words now haha

Just now, NeroVendict said:

You sound salty.

Why would I be salty? I don’t play in the 26% of leagues where this guy is actually owned

1 hour ago, NeroVendict said:

You sound salty.

he might have won the football game but he won't win many fantasy games.  I think this is one of those got talent but not the volume situations.  I'd love to hold, but might be better taking a flier on some else.  this looks like it'll be a headache all season

On 11/9/2017 at 4:23 PM, brosephd said:

this guy needs to claim the #1 WR title and cousins need to feed him the ball

I had Pryor and dropped him for Doctson. Had Doctson and dropped him for SmithSchuster. I think the problem is a fairly bad game call from OC combined with a qb that prefers short and high probability passes to maintain a an rating for a big off-season contract negotiation. He only threw to Doctson down field to win a game. Or if they get in the red zone. With Reed back might cut into red zone looks. Also they Thompson on longer goal to go. I think this means a third of a td per game and 2 catches for 35 yards on average. For me I can't roster this.

Edited by PizzaBeerFF
Spelling mistakes

I don’t think volume would be a problem if he wasn’t matched up against stud CBs week in and week out. The Dallas matchup was his best but ruined by a monsoon. He should be a great sleeper next year though 

21 minutes ago, charliehustler said:

I don’t think volume would be a problem if he wasn’t matched up against stud CBs week in and week out. The Dallas matchup was his best but ruined by a monsoon. He should be a great sleeper next year though 

He plays NO next Sunday, then the Giants after that.

If he doesn't "arrive" in those two games, it'll be safe to put a fork in him for the rest of the season.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

On 11/9/2017 at 12:28 PM, NeroVendict said:

You sound salty.

damn, I guess Im playing in the wrong fantasy leagues then because none of my fantasy teams get credit for the player's real team winning

Seeems he's overtaken Pryor already. TP should be gone this offseason anyways.

He definitely has big late season potential but they need to start getting him the ball.

If he is available.. and you are playoff bound.. pick him! Great schedule after 12 i believe

He fell on a wide open TD..

(Reading other reports.. Kirk also missed a wide open Crowder)

That's +2 TDs (total of 5) that Kirk could have had against MIN

On 11/11/2017 at 6:28 PM, 10giz said:

Seeems he's overtaken Pryor already. TP should be gone this offseason anyways.

He definitely has big late season potential but they need to start getting him the ball.

No question that this has been Chris Thompson's team to date, but good offenses evolve during a season.  TP is done.  Crowder is Crowder.  You won't see it just staring at a box score, but Doctson already looks like the next leader on this offense, especially if Reed continues to do his usual disappearing act.  People seem to forget that Doctson is a legit Day One talent who has now percolated enough as a pro to make the jump.  I bet Doctson is very relevant ROS.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

Worth starting this week?  Very thin on WR's with Hogan most likely being out....tough matchup against Saint's secondary.

every week: "this is the week!"... and still nothing. 

and yet... I'm still intrigued by Doctson.  

if I had room I'd snag... but burgeoning megastar DJ Njoku needs a roster spot too. 

I wouldn't be comfortable starting him yet but his targets are going up and Cousins consistently looks for him in the red zone. Those facts combined with his physical abilities and Washington's upcoming schedule make me think he's worth a stash, depending on the size of your bench.