TX Babe Ruth

JuJu Smith-Schuster 2017 Outlook

That blurb convinced me to drop MB for Juju (12-team standard). Byes forcing me to start MB this week, then I saw this blurb and said enough of this clown.

I hate how the blurb makes it sound like Bryant's struggles are his fault. I mean, isn't Ben the problem here?

Um. Pick him up immediately. He could be installed as a full time player and be a better fit for the offense they are shifting towards. He’s been plenty efficient so far. And he’s going to get one on ones all day.

Edited by PlayTheWaivers

I think he is going to be the #2 in Pitt as soon as this week.....opportunity to run with it...I see Ben going nuts this week after last week horror show....if you wait on him it will likely be too late!  

1 minute ago, Big Tuna said:

I think he is going to be the #2 in Pitt as soon as this week.....opportunity to run with it...I see Ben going nuts this week after last week horror show....if you wait on him it will likely be too late!  

That's the thing though... has Ben ever really supported a legit WR2? He's had guys like Sanders, Bryant, and Wallace who were nothing more than WR3s with WR2 upside. 

1 minute ago, Big Tuna said:

I just don't see it. I own zero steelers players. I do think there is some value in the 3 guy after Bell-AB however so far it's difficult to determine who the 3rd guy is.  So far i see a muddle of juju vs martavis with Ben not connecting with Martavis and building trust with juju but from a game scenario Martavis is the better option for them to win given his talent.

So far a muddle as the #3

3 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

That's the thing though... has Ben ever really supported a legit WR2? He's had guys like Sanders, Bryant, and Wallace who were nothing more than WR3s with WR2 upside. 

I'll take a #3WR with #2 upside for a guy who is on the wire....especially in keeper leagues.  

3 minutes ago, Big Tuna said:

I'll take a #3WR with #2 upside for a guy who is on the wire....especially in keeper leagues.  

Yeah I get it in keeper leagues. I grabbed him the other day due to injuries; just not sure he has a ton of value in redraft right now. Also the quote everyone was freaking out about is taken slightly out of context. 

25 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

Santonio Holmes + Hines Ward.

Forgot which year but there was one where they both had like 1,200 yards in the same season.

Edited by BurgundyBooger

picked him up after this past week, even with Big Bens horror show. See a big upside for this kid and will probably end up starting him over Diggs because of Diggs groin injury 

3 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Santonio Holmes + Hines Ward.

Forgot which year but there was one where they both had like 1,200 yards in the same season.

Yeah but that seems like more of an outlier than the norm. 

5 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Against KC defense?

They stink. 30th in the league for WR points. The KC defense is severely overrated this year.

What doesn't make any sense is that Bryant is a better player than Ju Ju, but the coaches still insist on feeding him.  It's like the Titans stubborn refusal to go away from the veteran RB, except here's a stubborn insistence to make a rookie WR look good. Put your best players on the field, and call plays that feed into their strengths.  It's not that hard.

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

What doesn't make any sense is that Bryant is a better player than Ju Ju, but the coaches still insist on feeding him.  It's like the Titans stubborn refusal to go away from the veteran RB, except here's a stubborn insistence to make a rookie WR look good. Put your best players on the field, and call plays that feed into their strengths.  It's not that hard.

Bryant isn't that good of a WR though, just a phenomenal athlete. His ball skills and route running are meh. 

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

They stink. 30th in the league for WR points. The KC defense is severely overrated this year.

They didnt become overrated until AFTER they lost Eric berry in game 1  vs the Pats

Just now, dashoe said:

They didnt become overrated until AFTER they lost Eric berry in game 1  vs the Pats

Yep. Just present fact now. Lots of money committed to a top-tier player, goes down week 1. Hard to pick up the scraps then. Also, he was a huge part of their defensive scheme.

12 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Bryant isn't that good of a WR though, just a phenomenal athlete. His ball skills and route running are meh. 

False.

Seems like Ju Ju is better suited to old man Rothesburger, Bryant better suited to a QB with a live arm like one of the young guns.

Bryant is a UFA next year right? Maybe the team has just decided to move on and give Juju and early look?

He has bounced on and off my bench every week and of course someone other than me grabbed him before this new blurb... Guess I'll grab Doctson again and ride that train.