The Czar

Justin Smoak 2017 Outlook

11 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

People always talk about players that win you leagues...

this guy wins you leagues

single digit percent percent owned player in beginning of season and now top 30

FAIR DEAL!

Dare I say smoak made my team great again.... :D

I still can't bring myself to accept that Justin Smoak is a legitimate player, no matter how many dingers I've seen him kill. I have enjoyed having him on my team though.

Edited by Macho Man Randy Savage

24 minutes ago, Macho Man Randy Savage said:

I still can't bring myself to accept that Justin Smoak is a legitimate player, no matter how many dingers I've seen him kill. I have enjoyed having him on my team though.

kramer.jpg

Just now, HaloFanatic17 said:

Why is he listed as DTD in Yahoo? I heard it was just a routine day of rest.  Anyone hear different?

Per cbs sports he has a sore calf.

6 hours ago, Picard56 said:

Per cbs sports he has a sore calf.

Any updates on the severity of this? Should be back in the lineup tomorrow?

3 minutes ago, rasrar said:

Any updates on the severity of this? Should be back in the lineup tomorrow?

Yeah I got nothing new and I just googled him. Sorry.

Been struggling for about a month now, .232 avg and only 9 rbi. Lingering foot and calf issues, possible drop for the playoffs if the injuries have sapped his power?

I started him in one league where I desperately need HR and don't care about average, but flat out dropped him in another need where average is a concern. I wonder if it's fatigue, or reverting to old habits, or just pressing to swing for the fences and get to 40 HRs, or what.

11 minutes ago, Caelum said:

I started him in one league where I desperately need HR and don't care about average, but flat out dropped him in another need where average is a concern. I wonder if it's fatigue, or reverting to old habits, or just pressing to swing for the fences and get to 40 HRs, or what.

Old habits I suspect

On 9/9/2017 at 10:36 AM, PhilsPhan90 said:

Been struggling for about a month now, .232 avg and only 9 rbi. Lingering foot and calf issues, possible drop for the playoffs if the injuries have sapped his power?

Thanks.  I didn't realize he was playing through some nagging injuries.  I had to drop him in the one dynasty I owned him in because I needed the roster spot and had already picked up Matt Olson to back-up Goldy.  But maybe I'll take him back for next year if he clears waivers which he probably will given how the owners that need him the most in rebuilds are probably not following the league the last week and are off to fantasy football land.