fawkes_mulder

Luis Robert - OF - CHW

Unless he signs a long-term contract, they will likely find a way to keep him down.  Exactly what happened with Eloy.

6 hours ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Is he up at the beginning of next season or after the Super 2 deadline has passed? 

I think both he and Madrigal are up in late April.

• Like 1

Madrigal may be up all year while Robert will prolly be up after his 2 week control point passes. Madrigal skillset just is not arbitration scary for the team. While Robert is a sky high kinda guy. without homers madrigal RBI will always lag since he does not drive himself in. Also even if he gets on base a lot and steals his Runs will come from teammates which will help their arbitration dates. I see Madrigal as a Ben Revere type. good OBP good steals but will disappear before the big money rolls in.

I can't imagine Madrigal being a pure singles hitter w/ absolutely no power like Revere, having numerous full seasons with fewer than 20 XBH and never once accumulating 30 total BB. Madrigal should get to 40+ xbh even if he only hits 4-8 HR per year.

Revere's 162-game average is 29 BB and 58 SO -- for Madrigal, I think you flip that to roughly 60 BB and 30 SO. Likely batting in front of either Moncada or Robert for the next half decade should help both those totals, as well as far eclipsing Revere's often putrid run totals.

The Grandal signing shows that Chicago is entering win-now mode next year. If Robert has a hot spring, I bet we'll see him up by mid-April at the latest. Unless they somehow shock us and give him the Tatis Jr/Alonso treatment and call him up right out of Spring Training... here's hoping.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 10:03 AM, hailfire4 said:

Madrigal may be up all year while Robert will prolly be up after his 2 week control point passes. Madrigal skillset just is not arbitration scary for the team. While Robert is a sky high kinda guy. without homers madrigal RBI will always lag since he does not drive himself in. Also even if he gets on base a lot and steals his Runs will come from teammates which will help their arbitration dates. I see Madrigal as a Ben Revere type. good OBP good steals but will disappear before the big money rolls in.

I tend to agree with this the most.  Robert if he wants to break camp will have to sign a team friendly deal.  Madrigal like said above isn't as likely to demand a superstar contract once he gets through arbitration so that may factor in him being up sooner.

• Thanks 1

Just extended by ChiSox for 6yrs/50M

Likely to break camp

Congrats to all owners!

• Like 2

where do you see him getting drafted? and also reasonable prediction"?

I've been reading he's getting drafted anywhere from 60-90