fawkes_mulder

Luis Robert - OF - CHW

1 hour ago, GJDHouse said:

Luis Robert 162 Projections based on his 13 game Single A start to the year :)

.482 AVG

.525 OBP

.946 SLG

1.4771 OPS

50 Doubles

25 Triples

75 Home Runs

75 Steals

199 Runs

212 RBI

I would say he is off to a decent start. 🤣🤣🤣

is that good?

48 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

Starting to enter into the conversation for redraft stash? 

Nah, that's way too ambitious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If he signs an extension like Eloy did it would be more realistic. But he really needs to be in AA before we start thinking call up. However it isn't like the White Sox have a great or good or even adequate centre fielder when Robert is promoted.

14 hours ago, bigbossman said:

Starting to enter into the conversation for redraft stash? 

I can't see a scenario where they call him up anytime soon.  He is still so inexperienced.  My guess is that he spends most of the year in AA.  Aggressive model would be that he makes the team out of spring training next year.  It all depends on his level of success though.  If he is able to translate a similar success at the next level (obviously not this crazy pace, but Soto like production) you never know what will happen.  To be honest I am not 100% sure if his contract works like a normal minor league contract.  I know he was paid a $26m signing bonus to play for the White Sox, but I am not sure if he falls under the same Super-2 / Arbitration rules as a draftee.  That will probably play a role in his callup.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/16/2019 at 8:22 AM, osb_tensor said:

not sure which scouting reports give him 75/80 speed.. i'm not saying you're wrong, just that i've not seen any reports of 80 grade speed. can you provide links?

• mlb.com - 65
  • prospectslive - 60
  • 2080 - 60
  • fangraphs - 60

they also only have Tatis Jr as a 55/60, but dude is one of the fastest guys I have seen out of the box in a long time.  I think they save the 70+'s for dudes that only have one tool

Edited by Golden Spikes

On 4/21/2019 at 4:23 PM, sleepysock said:

Another hand injury...

hopefully not serious. 

Saw that....

Missing another game today. Also not on the minor league DL. Hope he is back soon. with his injury history the longer he is out well means he is out a long time.

..... jeopardy theme song...... Don't need nitpick injuries to sideline his ascension to AA.  

3-4 with a HR, 3B and a single tonite already. cycle anyone? BAVG up to 445. Spoiler Alert Carolina League Player of the Month for April is fairly likely.

• Like 2

White Sox prospect outfielder Luis Robert has been promoted to Double-A Birmingham.

Robert simply had nothing left to prove in the Carolina League, putting up a monster .453/.512/.920 batting line with eight homers and eight steals over 19 games with High-A Winston Salem. The numbers in the minors weren't impressive last year, but he's delivering on the raw tools which resulted in so much hype upon signing with the White Sox in the first place. It's not out of the realm of possibility that he pushes for an opportunity with the White Sox by the end of the 2019 campaign

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

Does he get he call this year? 

I mean yeah it’s certainly possible... obviously it will depend on his performance. AA will be a nice test for the young phenom.  I’ll be watching his BB and K rate percentages closely. 

Glad to see La Pantera get the promotion.  Now is when the true test comes.  Birmingham is a TOUGH place to hit.  He isn't going to produce like he did in A+, that is for sure.  BB/K rate will be important as he will have to learn to have a more discerning eye.  Tough to lay off any pitches when you are hitting .500.

Followed up his 4-5 day with a 3-5 day today all 3 were doubles. His BAVG is now .350 at AA. The Beat goes on

• Like 4

When he was signed some scouts said he was already MLB ready. Obviously injuries have put a delay on his timeline, but it should be no surprise that he's gone berzerko now that he's healthy. Won't be surprised if he's top 5 on some midseason prospect lists. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sleepysock said:

When he was signed some scouts said he was already MLB ready. Obviously injuries have put a delay on his timeline, but it should be no surprise that he's gone berzerko now that he's healthy. Won't be surprised if he's top 5 on some midseason prospect lists. 

Where is the scouting report you referred to about being MLB ready? I listen to a number of podcasts for guys that actually scout these guys and Robert was discussed often. His free swinging tendencies and inability to translate power into game situations were well known coming into the year. He's obviously corrected the later... and the former is showing some progress. He will never likely be a truly discerning hitter, but the aggression can work for many hitters.

As far as top 5, definitely close on fantasy lists. Adell's injury obviously helps boost Robert's relative stock.

• Like 2

Rotoworld trying to temper expectations:

White Sox OF prospect Luis Robert went 3-for-5 with three doubles on Sunday for Double-A Charlotte.
Robert also knocked in three runs. The 21-year-old got off to a bit of a rough start after being promoted to Birmingham at the end of April, but he certainly isn't now with a .350/.409/.550 line with the Barons. Of course, that pales in comparison to the .453/.512/.920 line he put up over 19 games with High-A Winston Salem, but that's ok. Robert is a legitimate five-tool talent, and he has a real chance of joining the White Sox before the end of the year if this keeps up. If that does happen: walk, don't run.

Agree with Oswald.  Most of what I read on La Pantera before he was signed was that he had unlimited potential, but that he needed refinement.  Major League body and athleticism, juco refinement.  I still think his BA will struggle as he rises up the ranks, but the power/speed tools are phenomenal and he has a nice quiet approach to the plate.  I see big things for this kid.

24 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Rotoworld trying to temper expectations:

White Sox OF prospect Luis Robert went 3-for-5 with three doubles on Sunday for Double-A Charlotte.
Robert also knocked in three runs. The 21-year-old got off to a bit of a rough start after being promoted to Birmingham at the end of April, but he certainly isn't now with a .350/.409/.550 line with the Barons. Of course, that pales in comparison to the .453/.512/.920 line he put up over 19 games with High-A Winston Salem, but that's ok. Robert is a legitimate five-tool talent, and he has a real chance of joining the White Sox before the end of the year if this keeps up. If that does happen: walk, don't run.

Saw that too, that has to be a typo, right?

Just now, abachar said:

Saw that too, that has to be a typo, right?

I assume so