TX Babe Ruth

Derek Carr 2017 Outlook

Break-out season if he's paid. If Oakland is smart, they would get him his money sooner rather than later. He could hold it aginst them in FA and go elsewhere. They can also stick him with the franchise tag. Anyway, there are plenty of teams that would want him.

Source: CSNBayArea.com - Scott Bair

Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr wants to work out a contract extension this offseason, and general manager Reggie McKenzie said he is confident that a deal will be agreed upon. 'We're going to do everything to make sure this contract gets done,' McKenzie said.

Oakland is primed to make a strong push in the AFC. They have all the pieces in place and Carr should finish the season as a top 6 FF QB. 

Favre 2.0?  Like when Favre was young and throwing up MVP type seasons. Mid 1990s, reminds me of that 

Edited by mevins31

4 hours ago, mevins31 said:

Favre 2.0?  Like when Favre was young and throwing up MVP type seasons. Mid 1990s, reminds me of that 

In what way?  He's basically the exact opposite of Favre.

4 minutes ago, RMJ_12 said:

AKA not a Superbowl champ and HoF'er

I would rather have Stafford or Cousins.

Oakland is unlikely to be better on offense this year than last, Crabtree and Cooper and the OL were all basically healthy last year. Projecting much increase on last year's numbers seems suspect to me.

1 hour ago, irvnasty said:

Oakland is unlikely to be better on offense this year than last, Crabtree and Cooper and the OL were all basically healthy last year. Projecting much increase on last year's numbers seems suspect to me.

They added beast mode (Lynch) in the backfield, I think it helps the offense. 

I can see you rather have Cousins over Carr but not Stafford. 

i think as of today I'm leaning Carr over both 

Cousins:  lost Jackson/Garcon, Pryor should be a nice piece, but he's down to Pryor, Crowder, Doctson and Jordan Reed.  Reed has yet to play a full season in his career and Doctson may not be ready to put it all together given his set back so far in his young career

Stafford:  He's going to sling it as we all know, but i think he has less reliable options on hand.  I would take Carr's full arsenal of weapons over Staffords

The wildcard addition of Lynch + the returning talented OL does make me think this rushing attack will have a good chance of being a strong one, IF Lynch can hold up.  I do wonder if Lynch gets a lot of work inside the red zone to the point where it snipes TD's here and there from Carr's arm, but overall, i like the Raiders offense as a whole more then i do Skins/Lions.  Some may laugh, but i also think the addition of Cook in Oak is a decent one.  

Pretty close between the 3 QBs for me as of today i admit, but i think Carr puts together a really nice year

3 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

i think as of today I'm leaning Carr over both 

Cousins:  lost Jackson/Garcon, Pryor should be a nice piece, but he's down to Pryor, Crowder, Doctson and Jordan Reed.  Reed has yet to play a full season in his career and Doctson may not be ready to put it all together given his set back so far in his young career

Stafford:  He's going to sling it as we all know, but i think he has less reliable options on hand.  I would take Carr's full arsenal of weapons over Staffords

The wildcard addition of Lynch + the returning talented OL does make me think this rushing attack will have a good chance of being a strong one, IF Lynch can hold up.  I do wonder if Lynch gets a lot of work inside the red zone to the point where it snipes TD's here and there from Carr's arm, but overall, i like the Raiders offense as a whole more then i do Skins/Lions.  Some may laugh, but i also think the addition of Cook in Oak is a decent one.  

Pretty close between the 3 QBs for me as of today i admit, but i think Carr puts together a really nice year

I agree with most of this, but I would still say that Reed, Crowder, Pryor, Doctson, Thompson, Perine, Davis... is among the best sets of weapons in the league. I also think Cousins is underrated as a player. His game firing into the wind against GB is my choice for best QB performance of the season.

Stafford was awesome last year, despite injuries to himself and perhaps his two most important weapons, Riddick and Jones. He's achieved a level of consistency that he never could prior to the last year and a half. 

5 minutes ago, irvnasty said:

I agree with most of this, but I would still say that Reed, Crowder, Pryor, Doctson, Thompson, Perine, Davis... is among the best sets of weapons in the league. I also think Cousins is underrated as a player. His game firing into the wind against GB is my choice for best QB performance of the season.

Stafford was awesome last year, despite injuries to himself and perhaps his two most important weapons, Riddick and Jones. He's achieved a level of consistency that he never could prior to the last year and a half. 

good post and it does feel close between the 3.    The Skins on paper look like a solid group and i do like Perine as a runner, but it just feels hard to rely on players like Reed and Doctson, who i think could really give a guy like Cousins a boost.   They will need some one to step up this season and impact this offense to keep Cousins consistent, IMO, and it could be even more critical if Reed can't stay on the field.  Cousin's sure can sling it though and i agree, that game against GB was a nice one

Stafford was very good at times last year, so you make good points about him and his 2016 season.  The consistency you speak to does give me pause though thinking ahead, and I'm not a huge fan of Jones or Tate overall as consistent contributors.  I may be totally wrong here though and Stafford throws a ton year in and year out.

Carr has not been the pretty picture of consistent either, so he def comes with his own concern, including coming off a touch injury.  I just think this Raiders team could really put together a very good season ahead.  He def may play in the toughest division as well, so that give me some concern as well.  I might move Cousins to the front of the pack just bc he plays the Cowboys twice :)

I agree with most of this, but I would still say that Reed, Crowder, Pryor, Doctson, Thompson, Perine, Davis... is among the best sets of weapons in the league.

I gotta agree with the statement that Cousins has a better set of weapons.. DeSean Jackson didn't cater to Kirk's skill set and Garcon is a replaceable possession receiver, I don't think they lost much at all really.

5 hours ago, BlakeP42 said:

good post and it does feel close between the 3.  

One thing that isn't as close is current ADP's. FFC has Carr going at 6.03, Cousins 8.04 and Stafford 10.04.

Give me Cousins and Stafford all day over Carr.

10 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

One thing that isn't as close is current ADP's. FFC has Carr going at 6.03, Cousins 8.04 and Stafford 10.04.

Give me Cousins and Stafford all day over Carr.

ooooweeeee that is earlier then i would have hoped on Carr.  Good point, Spanker.  

On 5/23/2017 at 7:28 PM, RMJ_12 said:

Number he wears, build, arm strength, throws he makes, fire he plays with, mentality; and I think he numbers he's put up are like I said; similar to Favre age 23-26

On 5/24/2017 at 3:46 PM, MoonBlaster said:

I gotta agree with the statement that Cousins has a better set of weapons.. DeSean Jackson didn't cater to Kirk's skill set and Garcon is a replaceable possession receiver, I don't think they lost much at all really.

Agreed.   But Carr is a better qb IMO. 

Good enough to draft 3 rounds earlier?  

Not sure yet.   I like the Favre comp

Don't overthink it. Carr was playing at an MVP level before his injury. He's got a dominant line, 2 great WRs, and they're all coming back.

QB1 all the way.

Oakland must have some expendable cash on hand because it's a gamble to let Carr play this season without a long-term contract. If he does exceptionally well with his new additions, then they would be paying more. He could supersede Andrew Luck's contract. It's not what you're worth, it's what the market says that you are worth, and there are teams lining up outside the stadium with bags of money.

Huge mistake by Oakland not to sign him prior to the season opener. I think Carr has shown enough to warrant a long-term contract as the franchise QB.

Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal - Michael Gehlken

Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr said he will play out the 2016 season even if a contract extension is not agreed upon before the start of the season. Carr added that he doesn't want the extension to be a distraction this year. The quarterback's hope is that an extension will be done by training camp.

3 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

Oakland must have some expendable cash on hand because it's a gamble to let Carr play this season without a long-term contract. If he does exceptionally well with his new additions, then they would be paying more. He could supersede Andrew Luck's contract. It's not what you're worth, it's what the market says that you are worth, and there are teams lining up outside the stadium with bags of money.

Huge mistake by Oakland not to sign him prior to the season opener. I think Carr has shown enough to warrant a long-term contract as the franchise QB.

Source: Las Vegas Review-Journal - Michael Gehlken

Oakland Raiders QB Derek Carr said he will play out the 2016 season even if a contract extension is not agreed upon before the start of the season. Carr added that he doesn't want the extension to be a distraction this year. The quarterback's hope is that an extension will be done by training camp.

Good post Tx...  I completely agree. 

Im betting they get this done before the season- he's too valuable to play games with.  And the last thing u want is to lose your franchise qb or get stuck in the Cousins franchise loop right before you move to Vegas.   

Edited by Impreza178

Not as high on him as everyone else in this thread is. I have him in low-QB1 high QB2 range. Now that they will (presumably) be able to run the ball effectively with Lynch and Richard/Washington behind him, I think he ends up about the same as he did last year.

4 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

Not as high on him as everyone else in this thread is. I have him in low-QB1 high QB2 range. Now that they will (presumably) be able to run the ball effectively with Lynch and Richard/Washington behind him, I think he ends up about the same as he did last year.

Which if extrapolated over a 16 game season.... is a monster 

48 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

Which if extrapolated over a 16 game season.... is a monster 

His play always tails off when the weather gets cold. Being drafted much closer to his ceiling than floor. 

Arrow is pointing up. Will end up as a mid to late QB1 that you can get later in your draft. Pick with confidence.

3 hours ago, petekrum said:

Arrow is pointing up. Will end up as a mid to late QB1 that you can get later in your draft. Pick with confidence.

If not higher...

He was an MVP candidate before the injury.

Did you end up picking him in your new dynasty? 

Edited by Impreza178

34 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

If not higher...

He was an MVP candidate before the injury.

Did you end up picking him in your new dynasty? 

Negative, but he's still available so I may be able to grab him.