herschel

Brad Peacock 2017 Outlook

Who's the 5th SP when everyone is back, you got Dallas, Fiers, McHugh, Lance, then Musgrove ? 

Any HOU fans heard what the teams plans may be ?

Musgrove hasn't been very good, you'd think they might want to try Musgrove for RP/long relief and let Peacock who's been excellent minus the walks stay in the rotation. I've got some tough drops to make having too many SPs, I'd really hate dropping Peacock who's been great to find out he'll stick in the rotation. 

6 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Who's the 5th SP when everyone is back, you got Dallas, Fiers, McHugh, Lance, then Musgrove ? 

Musgrove hasn't been very good, you'd think they might want to try Musgrove for RP/long relief and let Peacock who's been excellent minus the walks stay in the rotation. I've got some tough drops to make having too many SPs, I'd really hate dropping Peacock who's been great to find out he'll stick in the rotation. 

Musgrove would go to the bullpen, or even down to the minors, according to this: http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/astros-joe-musgrove-could-move-to-bullpen/

21 minutes ago, tonywow said:

They'll likely make a trade for SP bumping Peacock to relief and or Musgrove / McHugh in long-relief. Unless of course one of these players is included in a deal. Not really anyway of knowing how this shakes out until post-deadline.

Don't forget Morton. Fiers was on his way to the pen when Dallas got hurt. But he's been a lot better since. Musgrove is the odd man out and I'd like to think Fiers would go to the pen if they trade for a pitcher. But it could be Peacock since he has experience in LR

Just now, BigPapi44 said:

I don't see how you can put this guy back in the pen at this point. 

I agree. His ceiling is far greater than everyone in that rotation except for Keuchel and McCullers. I would be very surprised if he lost his spot. 

My cousin lives in Houston ~ works for the big oil firms...season ticket holder "that bird ain't ever flying back in the pen" his feathers have been ruffled !!! McPoo Hugh FOH kid throws 87-89 ... Musgroves  FOH he trash get back to AAA .... hell McCullers can't make it out of the 5th!!! Pea stays no ? He says ✌?

1 minute ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

My cousin lives in Houston ~ works for the big oil firms...season ticket holder "that bird ain't ever flying back in the pen" his feathers have been ruffled !!! McPoo Hugh FOH kid throws 87-89 ... Musgroves  FOH he trash get back to AAA .... hell McCullers can't make it out of the 5th!!! Pea stays no ? He says ✌?

Ummm........well said?

4 minutes ago, Silverdome_Loyal said:

tenor.gif

Where's the gif when Brad pulled out his Peacock in front of Pheobe in Fast Times? 

only one walk tonight boys. he pitched to contact a little more tonight and it worked out beautifully

Keuchel 

McCullers

Friar

McHugh 

Morton 

Possible trade for Sonny Gray.  

Peacock days as starter are numbered. I hate to see it, but i believe that is gonna happen 

18 hours ago, Bullys said:

Keuchel 

McCullers

Friar

McHugh 

Morton 

Possible trade for Sonny Gray.  

Peacock days as starter are numbered. I hate to see it, but i believe that is gonna happen 

You really think they will take the ball out of Peacocks hand the way hes been pitching? I don't....

Many of you seem to think that Peacock will eventually get put back in the bullpen. Has anyone seen any literature on this being the case or is it just your own opinions? Which brings me to my next point - should we be trying to sell high now? I've been flooded with orders for Peacock the past few days. I imagine a nice haul can be had. 

39 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Many of you seem to think that Peacock will eventually get put back in the bullpen. Has anyone seen any literature on this being the case or is it just your own opinions? Which brings me to my next point - should we be trying to sell high now? I've been flooded with orders for Peacock the past few days. I imagine a nice haul can be had. 

I think it's pure speculation since he was originally in the pen and was brought on to start with all their injuries. I haven't seen one single quote from the organization or anyone close to the organization indicating that is their plan. I personally feel like they won't put him back in the pen given how he's pitched as a starter. He gives them an opportunity to win every time he's on the mound. It'll be McHough or Fiers that lose out on their starting gig imo.

If any team should consider going with a 6 man to keep McCullers innings down and Keuchel healthy....

Doubt it will be Fiers moving to the bullpen as over the last 30 days he is close to identical to Peacock. Think this is more of a case of what pitcher strengthens the bullpen more and feel Peacock is the one. Seems also a lot like earlier in the year being made to move Devenski onto starting. 

I could see McHugh getting blown up a few times and getting pulled from the rotation and/or going back to the DL. 

Morton isn't a glowing picture of health either. He could go down at any time.

I think this will work itself out and another dominant start from Peacock will cement himself

I'm sorry, I just don't get how you can take a guy out of the rotation who has been so productive and given the team a chance to win pretty much every start he's gone. You don't do that for a guy that hasn't even pitched this year (McHugh). You don't do that for Morton, who has been pedestrian this year and through out his career. You do it if you have a rotation full of Keuchel's and McCuller's, which the Astros don't. Peacock has been the third best starter on this team and it would be irresponsible to take him out of the rotation at this point with the way he's throwing.

I think people seem to forget that before the onslaught of dl stints a few months ago peacock had taken fiers spot in the rotation. Regardless of how fiers has pitched, peacock has done nothing to justify his removal from the rotation. I highly doubt peacock gets yanked.

Man, rewind this sucker a few pages and recall how smart owners didn't have to bother with a guy who only strikes people out because he comes on in relief, and anyway showed who he was in spring training when he couldn't beat out the likes of Mike Fiers for a roster spot :)

3 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I think if you've been offered a nice haul for Peacock, it might be wise to accept it. I own Peacock and have loved the production, but a couple bad outings and he could see himself in the pen because of the Astros options.  If they make a trade for a pitcher, it becomes more likely.

I do think the way he's been pitching, he isn't going back to the pen. If he keeps it up, he will be fine. This isn't the first time he's been tried as a starter, so I have some concerns.

That being said, he's been a stud.