herschel

Brad Peacock 2017 Outlook

10 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Why would you expect a reliever making his first start to go further?

I wasn't expecting him to go far, but I thought he could have gone a littler further and maybe got another 2 outs to finish the inning.

Well he has been a Starter his entire career except for these 2 months

Its about the same as a pitcher coming back from a injury i'd guess. It was 70 pitches.. Its not like it was THAT quick. If he does make another start.. I expect it to be close to a normal starter IE 90-100 Pitches. (assuming he's effective again

1 hour ago, SpecialFNK said:

I wasn't expecting him to go far, but I thought he could have gone a littler further and maybe got another 2 outs to finish the inning.

Imho, 70 pitches was far enough. They don't want to tax his arm, especially if they have designs on moving him to the rotation. 

1 hour ago, Flyman75 said:

Imho, 70 pitches was far enough. They don't want to tax his arm, especially if they have designs on moving him to the rotation. 

I'm not entirely disagreeing with this point. I'm just saying that winning the game is probably an even more important factor on the team's mind. It's just that the Astros are somewhat unique with having Devenski to combine with the rest of that bullpen.

He may go next week against the Twins now...

Astros' Brad Peacock: Potential spot starter next week

6 hrs ago | by RotoWire Staff | Special to CBSSports.com

Peacock is an option for a spot start during Houston's series at Minnesota next week, Brian McTaggart of MLB.com reports.

Manager A.J. Hinch told reporters that Peacock could get a start to help give the other Astros starters an extra day of rest during a stretch where off days are few and far between. Peacock was electric in his spot start Monday against the Tigers, fanning eight batters over 4.1 scoreless innings. While Peacock shouldn't be expected to go deep into his potential upcoming start, he's shown an ability to miss bats at a high rate.

On 5/26/2017 at 6:36 AM, Triple Crown25 said:

I hope.  Picked him up in my 16 team league, hoping for a rotation spot.

same

Gotta take Fiers out of the rotation already

9 minutes ago, ghostdragon said:

Um. Fiers has been moved to the bullpen. It's official. Grab peacock if u haven't already

yeah here's the news

Are we grabbing him because we think he'll be a good pitcher or because we're desperate for SP and we're hoping he'll at least be average?

14 minutes ago, osb_tensor said:

Are we grabbing him because we think he'll be a good pitcher or because we're desperate for SP and we're hoping he'll at least be average?

Pray the for the best and expect the worst. I think people are hyped because he might be a different pitcher from when he was a starter last time. I definitely picked him up. if he falls on his face his first two starts, just drop him. 

I don't know a whole lot about this guy. Does anyone have some deeper insight on him? The contact rates and swinging strike rates have me super intrigued!

I could have got him last night on waivers.  But I put in a claim for tonight.  Doubt I will get him but I have always liked him.

I claimed him last night off the waiver wire. I am plugging him in the line up immediately. I like his chances in a two start week that features a tired Twins team and a Texas team that strikes out a lot.

If anything I hope he can pad my Ks this week.