herschel

Brad Peacock 2017 Outlook

A couple years ago, I watched a few innings of a random Astros game when Peacock was starting and, I s**t you not, dude was flashing some of the nastiest stuff I'd seen in a long time.  I thought, "How has this guy not had a better career?"  He has to have some of the best stuff for a guy with bad career numbers.

Edited by mjk356

1 minute ago, mjk356 said:

A couple years ago, I watched a few innings of a random Astros game when Peacock was starting and, I s**t you not, dude was flashing some of the nastiest stuff I'd seen in a long time.  I thought, "How has this guy not had a better career?"  He has to have some of the best stuff for a guy with bad career numbers.

"Numbers aside, he pitched pretty well" ?

Command simply went downhill as he got past 60 pitches or so. Hopefully that's just a matter of getting used to going deeper into games as a starter.

1 minute ago, Caelum said:

Command simply went downhill as he got past 60 pitches or so. Hopefully that's just a matter of getting used to going deeper into games as a starter.

I think you're right about that. He just didn't look the same out there once he tires a bit. Still it was another impressive outing. All those K's will help out a ton that most of us got for free. 

Just now, BostonCajun said:

I think you're right about that. He just didn't look the same out there once he tires a bit. Still it was another impressive outing. All those K's will help out a ton that most of us got for free. 

Wasn't only 1 or 2 of those runs earned because of the pass ball!

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

Right now the MLB at bat app is showing all 3 are earned but that to me looked like a passed ball as opposed to a wild pitch. If that's the case he should be responsible for two. 

1 minute ago, JetsAwesome said:

So far only 1 Earned run. Sometimes they change that later.

Dude went from no hitting to losing in no time....Damn!

Gold in K/9 leagues. 15.43 K/9. Don't care about the 3 plus ERA one bit. 

Edited by Eddy24

I blinked, WTF happened.

he was cruising, with no runs allowed. then I see some runs, and now I see 4 ER. :huh:

Man that went downhill in a hurry.  Can I go back to the euphoria I felt in his first 4 innings and Price's first 2.1 innings please?

He had two strikes on Polanco but couldn't finish him off or else the game would have broken differently. 

Disappointing finish, but he against flashed an elite ability to miss bats.  Results will follow.  

They should change that to 3ER, one was for sure scored on passed ball.

IMHO, this is a guy who you shouldn't sleep on. No way Feirs stays in the rotation after McHugh returns... 

Peacok may still be sitting on your WW due to the highly misleading last start, where he cruised through 4 INN, then had incredibly bad luck along w/ the all too predictable reliever coming in and ****ting the bed. Elite stuff and K's, (BB) trending right direction, incredible run support from Hou offense on a regular... add this guy! 

17 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

IMHO, this is a guy who you shouldn't sleep on. No way Feirs stays in the rotation after McHugh returns... 

Peacok may still be sitting on your WW due to the highly misleading last start, where he cruised through 4 INN, then had incredibly bad luck along w/ the all too predictable reliever coming in and ****ting the bed. Elite stuff and K's, (BB) trending right direction, incredible run support from Hou offense on a regular... add this guy! 

Additionally, two of those runs scored after he was out of the game. No one has mentioned that anywhere and I think it's relevant.

I am excited about his potential once he's stretched out.

11 minutes ago, warningtrackpower said:

Additionally, two of those runs scored after he was out of the game. No one has mentioned that anywhere and I think it's relevant.

I am excited about his potential once he's stretched out.

... that was the ****ting the bed part... lol. But yes, a couple weird plays and that line went from 4IP, 1 hit, K's... to crappy looking real quick. 

What I love is he doesn't poses a "straight" pitch. I'm not exaggerating when I say his ball dances around like Greg Maddux. The K's are very real folks, (43 K's in 29 INN...) DON'T SLEEP ON THIS GUY!

Edited by LarryChip10

I'm invested in this guy but a few things scare me: his walk rate, his ability to get lefties out, and how he does against the order the third time through. I'm hoping he can turn into a SP4/5 guy in my 12 teamers.

@ 86 pitches now heading into the 7'th... 7-2 ballgame, I doubt he comes back out. (6IP, 4 hits, 1 BB, 2 ER, 9 K's)

Hung a 3-2 changeup to Odor for a HR, but otherwise not much contact and looked excellent once again! 

18 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

@ 86 pitches now heading into the 7'th... 7-2 ballgame, I doubt he comes back out. (6IP, 4 hits, 1 BB, 2 ER, 9 K's)

Hung a 3-2 changeup to Odor for a HR, but otherwise not much contact and looked excellent once again! 

the 1 BB is encouraging too.

They're still stretching him out, but the sooner the better cause 86 pitches won't get you through 6 every time. Pitch count is my number one concern with him, but his stuff has looked really really good.