herschel

Brad Peacock 2017 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I hope it continues for the owners that picked him up.  I need to start paying attention more when players show up on the radar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did the same thing against Texas last time. Had a studly performance. Needs to string a few games like this together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He already has. He's had one bad start since moving from the bullpen. Don't judge his quality by IP per start he wasn't fully stretched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CB Buckner strikes again. How does this guy still have a job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another situation where the shift actually hurts you.  Should have been a GIDP to end the inning, but Altuve was too far away from 2B so Correa tries to take it to bag himself, then throws late to 1B and they get no one out.  Two batters later, a terrible non-strike call on Choo by the 3B ump leads to a walk-in run for TEX instead of a Choo strikeout.  smh  Still a good start though for Peacock w/ the 10 Ks.  Hopefully the bullpen can get this last out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So this ends up being pretty similar to his other starts.

 

Lots of pitches and K's in not that many innings.

 

Still impressive and worth watching -- especially considering he did this on 3 days rest -- but same questions prevail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yceman1234 said:

Another situation where the shift actually hurts you.  Should have been a GIDP to end the inning, but Altuve was too far away from 2B so Correa tries to take it to bag himself, then throws late to 1B and they get no one out.  Two batters later, a terrible non-strike call on Choo by the 3B ump leads to a walk-in run for TEX instead of a Choo strikeout.  smh  Still a good start though for Peacock w/ the 10 Ks.  Hopefully the bullpen can get this last out.

That BS call not only cost him a K and an ER,...but the dubya as well. Unreal! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

That BS call not only cost him a K and an ER,...but the dubya as well. Unreal! 

 

 

There would still be 4 innings left to try to protect a one run lead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok can we stop the measuring contest here?

 

I love the K's...but I don't like the inefficiency. 96 pitches in 4.2 IP or 5 is still not that good. Its gonna be hard to count on him to compile wins or QS..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

 

 

I fully agree about the inefficiency, but high K guys don't normally go deep into games... see Darvish, Yu. 

 

He should have had 11 K's, zero ER, and "technically" qualified for the win. I guess it's format dependent, but my roto league plays K/9 and Wins so he's been pure gold regardless. Looking forward, I see Fiers losing his spot when the injured SP's return. His stuff is just electric in comparison, and unlike Fiers, he doesn't need ibuprofen from whipping his neck around to watch the balls leave the yard twice + a start. 

 

 

 

i mean the odds of earning a win when only going 5 are lower.. Because more innings mean more BP arms and a "lessor" BP arm being used. More variables at play to wipe out the win.

 

Pretty good correlation between IP and Wins..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

i mean the odds of earning a win when only going 5 are lower.. Because more innings mean more BP arms and a "lessor" BP arm being used. More variables at play to wipe out the win.

 

Pretty good correlation between IP and Wins..  

Very true... and yet Peacock couldn't really be in a better situation team wise. Great bullpen, unreal offense, many recent games have gotten out of hand quickly when HOU decides to throw a crooked number on the board. 

 

Honestly, Brad looks like a different pitcher altogether. There is no denying the K's, and while I'm confidently sceptical it will last, I'll ride this pony for K's alone and take any wins I can get. Everyone had such a boner for Devinski earlier, yet Peacock is Devinski w/ 5-6 IP and x10 the wins opportunity. What's not to like? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LarryChip10 said:

Very true... and yet Peacock couldn't really be in a better situation team wise. Great bullpen, unreal offense, many recent games have gotten out of hand quickly when HOU decides to throw a crooked number on the board. 

 

Honestly, Brad looks like a different pitcher altogether. There is no denying the K's, and while I'm confidently sceptical it will last, I'll ride this pony for K's alone and take any wins I can get. Everyone had such a boner for Devinski earlier, yet Peacock is Devinski w/ 5-6 IP and x10 the wins opportunity. What's not to like? 

 

This is a great point. For those guys who like to carry MR and RP that don't get saves for the K potential and ratio boost, Peacock is a great piece to add to your roster. I've got horrible starting pitching outside of Kershaw and McCullers so I own Peacock, Miller, Kahnle, Minor and 3 closers. Even with the rest of my horrible SP staff I have the best ERA and WHIP in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

This is a great point. For those guys who like to carry MR and RP that don't get saves for the K potential and ratio boost, Peacock is a great piece to add to your roster. I've got horrible starting pitching outside of Kershaw and McCullers so I own Peacock, Miller, Kahnle, Minor and 3 closers. Even with the rest of my horrible SP staff I have the best ERA and WHIP in the league. 

I've said this in the Devenski thread but to me the real question is why aren't they trying to start Devenski instead of Peacock, who has twice as many walks in the same amount of IP and just isn't very good, which is why the manager gave him the hook when he did.

If anything, he waited too long to go out and get him. He probably should have yanked him after he opened the 5th with back-to-back hits. It's just that Joey Gallo, being Joey Gallo, struck out right after that. So Hinch decided to leave him in there and they ultimately lose the game. But obviously, it would have been criminal to leave him out there after watching him walk in a run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I've said this in the Devenski thread but to me the real question is why aren't they trying to start Devenski instead of Peacock, who has twice as many walks in the same amount of IP and just isn't very good, which is why the manager gave him the hook when he did.

If anything, he waited too long to go out and get him. He probably should have yanked him after he opened the 5th with back-to-back hits. It's just that Joey Gallo, being Joey Gallo, struck out right after that. So Hinch decided to leave him in there and they ultimately lose the game. But obviously, it would have been criminal to leave him out there after watching him walk in a run.

 

The ump missed the 3 strike... and called it a ball. Had he striked out that guy during that at bat you would being singing a different tone right now. He struck out 10 batters in under 5 innings. He will be fine. I don't know why you try to come here and convince us that he isn't any good of a pitcher. Take a hike to the Eric Thames thread por favor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not trying to convince you of anything. I'm not trying to get you to sing a different tune, in a different tone, or whatever.

My point was simple, Devenski should be the guy they should be trying to start, not this guy, who like I said has twice as many walks in the same amount of IP. I'm sure Hinch knew this when he decided to leave him in there to walk in a run. And now he knows it even better, even if you don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fiveohnine said:

I've said this in the Devenski thread but to me the real question is why aren't they trying to start Devenski instead of Peacock, who has twice as many walks in the same amount of IP and just isn't very good, which is why the manager gave him the hook when he did.

If anything, he waited too long to go out and get him. He probably should have yanked him after he opened the 5th with back-to-back hits. It's just that Joey Gallo, being Joey Gallo, struck out right after that. So Hinch decided to leave him in there and they ultimately lose the game. But obviously, it would have been criminal to leave him out there after watching him walk in a run.

 

 

Devenski hasn't been very good lately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on how he matches up for the 2 starts next week? Both in the road @Oakland and @Seattle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This guy has a 27% soft batted ball rate, a   67% contact rate, and a 13.6 % swstr rate. I'm excited to see how he makes out tomorrow. Prediction: 6IP 1R 9Ks 2 walks and in line for a W.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmymckrack said:

This guy has a 27% soft batted ball rate, a   67% contact rate, and a 13.6 % swstr rate. I'm excited to see how he makes out tomorrow. Prediction: 6IP 1R 9Ks 2 walks and in line for a W.

I'll go 5.1 IP 9k, 5 BB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Is this guy's spot in the rotation locked in?

 

No way. He's gone over 5 innings ONCE. He's going to need a bunch of QS to have a shot when (if) everyone is healthy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMO, he won't be leaving the rotation for the rest of the year.

 

He was named as a replacement to Fiers before the glut of injuries forced Fiers back into the rotation. Outside of one start, he's pitched very well. His game log includes one start where he was working off short rest and couldn't go as deep. Still, he was one bad CB Bucknor call from going five innings there.

 

His stuff had been in hittable at times. I think he's earned the job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Idgaf how many innings he goes, keep racking up those Ks. Once he can go 100p/start the rest of the stats will follow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.