Sign in to follow this  
Fort4242

Golden Tate 2017 Outlook

56 minutes ago, ESquared said:

It actually was mentioned several times regarding Fangio's defense against slot receivers (even brought his name up as far back as last Wednesday) + Tate's history with Chicago. 

As far as Tate this week, it's a much better matchup but I'd temper expectations on his ceiling because I think Detroit can get up fairly easily on the moribund Bengals defense and at that point they can just run out the clock with Tion Green and Abdullah. The key will be if Tate is involved in them going up in the first place because if it's all say Marvin Jones, Ebron, Riddick and the team is up 24-7 and Tate only has like 2 catches for 20 yards, then odds are Tate could end up stuck at that the entire game. As dashoe noted, Tate does best in catch up mode and this game certainly doesn't look like that'll be necessary.

show me where you said it about Fangio defense? Chicago obviously meant absolutely nothing as it is different players and coaches, unless you are actually that much of a superstitious player to think something about the uniforms or something messed him up

Tate won't be playing Chicago until at least October of 2018 so tha'ts not really a convo to be had anymore. I'm trying to bench him, a boom bust receiver that will end up catching 90 balls. So annoying. 

So many conflicting takes on Tate this week.  Kirkpatrick will be a go, how are we feeling?

Edited by goincommando

On 12/20/2017 at 7:22 PM, hines said:

show me where you said it about Fangio defense? Chicago obviously meant absolutely nothing as it is different players and coaches, unless you are actually that much of a superstitious player to think something about the uniforms or something messed him up

Scroll through the thread. I even brought up Fangio by name the Wednesday before the game.

I agree though on the conflicting takes on Tate this week. I'm hearing positive things. I'm hearing negative things. Frankly don't know what to do with him. 3 bad games in the last 5 in a game that could be run-heavy makes me lean toward benching. I need upside and can't afford another ugly floor.

Stafford throwing to Tate in the slot has a qbr of 117+, Bengals giving up a 104 qbr on throws to the slot receiver.  I've got Tate in this week over DT.  If Ebron wasn't eating so much it would have been an easier decision for me.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-week-16-preview-lions-at-bengals

Edited by Most Guruist
link