Rotoworld.com Forums

Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook

1 hour ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

I know it's only preseason and it was only one play, but I was watching the Broncos game and saw Simien make a beautiful back shoulder throw down the field for a touchdown. Does anybody else think Simien takes a step forward this year and DT has a nice year because of it?

absolutely. but I also think having Mike McCoy running the offense again will help tremendously. DT has been woefully misused the past couple seasons, and the hope [for me personally at least] is that McCoy at least draws up some more screens for DT

4 minutes ago, Smantzas said:

Is he in any danger of missing week 1?

probably not

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DT plays banged up every year.  Last season he started off with a hip ding against the Raiders and was never fully right.  Played 16 games for 90/1083/5 all while being grossly misutilized.  

DT is a high floor guy.  He's played 16 games every season the past 5 seasons with the following stats..

'12- 94/1434/10

'13- 92/1430/14

'14- 111/1619/11

'15- 105/1304/6

'16- 90/1083/5

Will he hit his 2014 numbers?  No, not without Peyton Manning.  Do I think 2015 numbers are likely with the resurgence of the McCoy offense?  Yes.  Now all we need is double digit TDs! 

Wide receiver Demaryius Thomasicon-article-link.gif did not practice Monday, as he continues to recover from a groin injury he suffered during the third preseason game.

“He’s fine,” Joseph said. “It’s just precautionary for him. Just more rest and recovery. He’ll go Wednesday.”

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Derek-Wolfe-Jared-Crick-return-to-practice/668d027e-25e6-4885-aa80-6b7af7389e10

Last two home games against the Chargers for Thomas:

2016: 5-for-79 with this QB

2015: 5-for-117 and a TD with a combo pack of pathetic Osweiler and pathetic Manning as QB

Road games vs. Chargers:

2016: 5-for-35

2015: 6-for-61 and a TD (Osweiler)

Even the "clanger" included 5 catches (8.5 points in PPR).  

Starting with confidence.

Edited by KennyWoo
42 minutes ago, KB_IV said:

I gotta admit, I'm not very excited about this guy in my lineup this week. His groin injury, match up and Siemian all have me worried. The only positive I can think of is that the targets should be there for him.

Whats wrong with the matchup? Chargers defense is total garbage

38 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Whats wrong with the matchup? Chargers defense is total garbage

Well, if I'm not mistaken I believe the Chargers have some of the best corners in the league in Verrett and Hayward. And the pass rush can be fierce as well with Bosa. It just seems like it will be a low scoring gut it out divisional game where both teams will probably want to just pound the ground game.

Thomas (hamstring) was a full participant in practice Thursday, per the NFL's official media site.

Thomas reportedly was involved in most of Wednesday's practice as well, but because the Broncos are playing Monday night in Week 1, the team wasn't required to release an official injury report noting the wideout's status until Thursday. With the hamstring/groin issue that had been dogging Thomas since the third week of the preseason now seemingly in the rear-view mirror, he should reprise his normal role as quarterback Trevor Siemian's top target heading into the Broncos' season opener against the Chargers.
5 hours ago, KB_IV said:

Well, if I'm not mistaken I believe the Chargers have some of the best corners in the league in Verrett and Hayward. And the pass rush can be fierce as well with Bosa. It just seems like it will be a low scoring gut it out divisional game where both teams will probably want to just pound the ground game.

That's what I was thinking too.  My gut reaction was to love the under in this game.  20-14.  Somewhere in that range.  20-17 is a winner score for the under as well. 

I like the Chargers to win out right as a road dog in this one too. 

14 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

In the last 17 home openers, Denver is 16-1

And the Pats have beaten AFC opponents 49 times out of the last 52 at Gillette.  What of it?

I like the Chargers.  Legit team, good defense, and a much better offense than Denver.  Trevor blows, and hes going to get a face full of Bosa and Ingram. 

I don't even need the 3 points.  Ill take the Chargers money line.

45 minutes ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Can anybody who stayed up for the game shed some insight? Final star line looked bad

Aside from one bad drop he looked fine. Had a long pass that could have possibly went for a touch had he not falling down. About what I expected, would have liked to see more goal line looks but the Chargers do have some decent CBs so I guess they had other plans 

Edited by lolcopter
4 hours ago, TrueToTheBlue said:

Can anybody who stayed up for the game shed some insight? Final star line looked bad

The final stat line was not bad.  5-for-67 is a pace of 80 catches and 1072 yards.  

You know how many WRs had 80 or more catches and 1072 or more yards last year?  14 (one of whom was Thomas itself).

I just don't understand why people complain around here so much.  I'll take 5/67 every game all year if he mixes in 8 TDs.  That would make him WR13 for the season based on last year's numbers.

7 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

The final stat line was not bad.  5-for-67 is a pace of 80 catches and 1072 yards.  

You know how many WRs had 80 or more catches and 1072 or more yards last year?  14 (one of whom was Thomas itself).

I just don't understand why people complain around here so much.  I'll take 5/67 every game all year if he mixes in 8 TDs.  That would make him WR13 for the season based on last year's numbers.

Because everyone expects Julio Jones verse Carolina weekly or Kenny Golladay or Kareem Hunt stat lines. 100 yards + 1 TD is the new wrong average. TDs are flukey, yardage is repeatable. DT is going to be very good for folks this year if you can set yourself expectations that are actually reasonable. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic