TX Babe Ruth

Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook

He always litters injury reports battling something, but he always toughs it out. Would have to be really bad to keep this guy down. 

Sure thing. I believe he is 10th in receiving yards right now (among WRs). He just hasn't put up the TDs. I actually feel like this week he will be hitting pay dirt. Just random that at home in WK 1 a WR had 2 TDs, WK 2 a different WR had 2 TDs. Let's hope that trend continues and it is DTs time to score.

1 hour ago, Unbreakable said:

Sure thing. I believe he is 10th in receiving yards right now (among WRs). He just hasn't put up the TDs. I actually feel like this week he will be hitting pay dirt. Just random that at home in WK 1 a WR had 2 TDs, WK 2 a different WR had 2 TDs. Let's hope that trend continues and it is DTs time to score.

He's been getting looks in and near the red zone, Semian is just missing him. Two weeks ago DeMaryius was wide open down the right side of the field but Semian checked down so fast he didn't see him. Last week Demaryius had position on a DB in the end zone but Semian threw it behind him and the DB was able to defense the pass. I'm not worried about the TD's as Semian matures over the course of the season. I love how consistent DT has been so far too. 

He looks like a FA signing or something - a square peg in a round hole. I've been following DT from day one and I have really no idea what role if any he has in this offense. DEN could trade him tomorrow and never notice the loss.

Was the target on a few deep passes but was interfered with. Once Denver got the early lead they just sat on it and didn’t do much of anything, very disappointing from the offense

2 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

What happened?

Denver got an early lead & played “not to lose”. Lots of runs, which led to 3rd & longs. Denver never adapted to the pass rush either.  Should’ve called shorter timing routes & screens, but instead kept going with 5-7 step drops, which got Siemian harassed or sacked

where are the screens lol...he had a td look dropped which would've salvaged his line. 

17 hours ago, scheibler said:

I'm not a DT fanboy, but i'm looking to buy low

Based off what?  Because "the tds are coming?"

I have seen a few quarters of the DEN offense this year. First off they are boring as hell - basically unwatchable. But my sense is that DT is essentially a decoy in this offense, used to run off DBs to clear room for Fowler and Sanders underneath. They make little effort to get him the ball - particularly downfield. He's got the same number of targets as Brandon Marshall and Jaron Brown. And I don't see any signs that they plan to change that. Sanders appears to be the only pass-catcher that is even start-able in this offense. I don't have much hope he's going to turn it around because it appears his own team is disinterested in getting him involved.

He had 98 yards in the game before last. Think it's a little early to call him a lost cause. Denver D is so good there just won't be many shoot-outs that allow him to go off.

Giants after the bye will probably be another slog but schedule doesn't look too bad after that. Still think he'll end up in the 20-30 range by year's end.

17 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

I have seen a few quarters of the DEN offense this year. First off they are boring as hell - basically unwatchable. But my sense is that DT is essentially a decoy in this offense, used to run off DBs to clear room for Fowler and Sanders underneath. They make little effort to get him the ball - particularly downfield. He's got the same number of targets as Brandon Marshall and Jaron Brown. And I don't see any signs that they plan to change that. Sanders appears to be the only pass-catcher that is even start-able in this offense. I don't have much hope he's going to turn it around because it appears his own team is disinterested in getting him involved.

Does it appear that DT is getting separation on his routes?

Just now, Queequeg said:

Does it appear that DT is getting separation on his routes?

No, actually. He doesn't look like anything special at all. I'm not sure he needs that much separation though - his main asset is his sheer strength and size to go up after contested balls. Semian's balls are in a sling evidently, so = no go. In GL situations he'd rather throw to Sanders or Fowler short of the stripe and let them run it in.

Few things. 

He signed a huge 5 year $70 Million contract before last season began. Almost the majority of all that money is fully guaranteed now. 

Last year he put up 1083 yards and 5 TD's and he played all 16 games. This year he's on pace for 990 yards and who knows how many TD's he'll end up with but he's gone 10 games without a score now.

He got paid, Broncos are 3-1 and are having Siemian play game manager. I don't see the upside. I think it would be a win if he comes near his 2016 stats. I think people still have high expectations of him based off of name/past seasons when Manning was feeding him (not knocking his skill or talent just questioning hunger/situation).

Just bought Thomas paying up for Crabs... might have overpaid if you look at current production

but... I've seen things that I like from Thomas during the preseason and the few games into this season to want to roll the dice a little bit.

FYI: I have 4 startable WRs at any time in a league that starts 3 WRs and 1 Flex... was willing to gamble on an upside... even though.... right now... it's hard to see