Rotoworld.com Forums

Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook

6 minutes ago, bennie905 said:

I don't watch the Broncos but I don't understand what changed and they went from a playoff contender to getting shut out by the freaking Chargers. Injuries? Anyway I just got offered Demaryius and Alvin Kamara for AJ Green and I'm trying to see if there is any value here ROS.  I thought Semian was a serviceable qb...

Semian was good when defenses would rush 4 and play zone coverage. He would just find the open man and dink and dunk his way to success. Teams have moved away from that and started stacking the box to stop the run and apply pressure while running man coverage. This is killing this offense because Trevor just isn't that good. It might get better when the broncos start facing some sub-par secondaries.

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really don’t wanna start him, but that’s just a completely irrational reaction to last week’s turd he dropped on my team. Honestly depends on how Michael Thomas shapes up for my team, may do the ‘ol Thomas for Thomas swap-a-roo come Sunday morning if need be.

1 hour ago, lolcopter said:

Really don’t wanna start him, but that’s just a completely irrational reaction to last week’s turd he dropped on my team. Honestly depends on how Michael Thomas shapes up for my team, may do the ‘ol Thomas for Thomas swap-a-roo come Sunday morning if need be.

If not for that BS offensive interference call on his 60 yard catch it would have been a different story.    That was a huge turning point 

Trevor is KILLING this guy... what a waste of talent.  Pretty unlikely but I hope he gets traded or they trade for a QB.   Really feel bad for DT and the defense guys on this team.

1 minute ago, lolcopter said:

Too bad his huge contract probably keeps him in Denver

I’m confused copter

all the talk about getting him in space and the bubble screens/slants... I’ve seen basically none of that 

5 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I’m confused copter

all the talk about getting him in space and the bubble screens/slants... I’ve seen basically none of that 

Play calling has been laughably bad. They should really go the JAX route and force feed the running game all day, but they’d rather set Siemian up to fail constantly. Last night, Gruden kept saying to line DT up left on Acker or whatever that scrub was and keep hitting him until they can stop it. Too bad Joesph and McCoy would rather pass to the scrub TEs and distribute the ball as evenly as possible, because that matters for whatever reason. Joesph is a joke, McCoy is worse, and DT is a tragically misused player. Has been for years

19 hours ago, Woonga24 said:

How was DT when Brock was under center? Should we be hoping the broncos make that switch? Or do we want Lynch?

Brock loved DT. Saw double-digit targets in 4 of 7 games. Went 37 for 74 (yes low catch rate) for 488 yards and 5 TDs. I don't know what Brock does this year, but it's not terrible for DT.

5 minutes ago, TB44 said:

Does Brock help DT going forward? Therec is right, DT was productive with Brock, however, it was during the Super Bowl year. Much better O-line. 

Schedule is soft ROS for DT

completely different offense.  He was running that Manning/Kubiak hybrid shotgun.     The lack of creativity in DTs usage and the inconsistency of the line play, as noted by @lolcopter is the main issue not the name on the back of qb jersey.     He’s a fine flex starter, especially in bye weeks,  but anymore than that is a wait and see

Edited by Impreza178
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Demaryius Thomas 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic