TX Babe Ruth

Robert Woods 2017 Outlook

On 5/26/2017 at 7:55 AM, TX Babe Ruth said:

I'm making a bold prediction on Robert Woods. After playing 2nd fiddle in Buffalo, he will be the #1 WR to Goff.

I like his route running and he is talented. He did well when EJ Manuel was at the helm and then faded soon after Manuel lost his starting role.

DON'T SLEEP ON THIS CAT!!

Source: ESPN.com - Alden Gonzalez

Los Angeles Rams WR Robert Woods is 'perhaps the best bet to lead the (team) in catches,' according to ESPN's Alden Gonzalez.

man was this spot on!!!  Great call so far!!

Edited by JetsAwesome

4 minutes ago, JetsAwesome said:

man was this spot on!!!  Great call so far!!

LMFAO - well @TX Babe Ruth - you get the Fantasy Prophet of the Year award...

Like many others in this thread, this man single-highhandedly won my matchup for me. I think his outing with the Vikings next week will be very telling of how legit he really is.

It is hard to take him out of lineups now, the Rams offense is Stud Worthy and he is the number 1 on that team, He is making lots of overdrafted receivers look like crap,

I had my choice to pick up either him or Robby Anderson. I chose the latter, and he has been solid.......but I think I chose the wrong guy. Woods has Goff throwing to him, while Robby has old man McCown. Sigh

13 hours ago, zachsportsguy said:

Like many others in this thread, this man single-highhandedly won my matchup for me. I think his outing with the Vikings next week will be very telling of how legit he really is.

Yea, he beasted yesterday. Brate/Tyrod/McCoy combining for less than 15 points was killing me, then Woods lifted me up on his angel wings ad said, "I've got you, bro".

Kirk Cousins made the Vikes look like team that WRs and QBs can put solid performances up against. Considering LAR has a much stronger run game than WSH, I don't think the matchup next weekend is bad for Woods. Looks like he is a good talent in an excellent situation with massive opportunity, fantasy gold.

Does anyone know if the #1 Cornerback has been matching up on him or Sammy?  Trying to gauge if opposing defenses now view Woods as the #1 WR.

I dropped Sammy for Woods several weeks ago but haven't started Woods yet. I was hemming and hawing over starting him this week due to matchup but decided to go with D. Parker instead. 

LUCKILY I'm going to win this week regardless. /csb

I unfortunately sat him for Dez (gotta go with your top picks right?).  Currently up 9 points and my Opponent has Landry tonight.  Could have relaxed today if I just played him over Dez

22 hours ago, InVINCEable said:

Tried to sell high this week but no one wanted him. Lol...guess I'll keep him!!!

I’d try again really hard. His next three weeks are brutal. Barely flex worthy. 

Xavier

Lattimore

Peterson

or if you have the bench space just keep him there until fantasy playoffs. 

Do you guys think he is the real deal? Wr2 ROS? He is getting the most targets on the team and the offense has been very dynamic. Obviously he is not going to maintain this kind of production, but what do you guys think? I haven't seen any ram's games so I have no feel for him or the team. I just keep seeing him on my bench blow up lol

Other than his tough schedule the next few weeks I think he is a solid WR2 he is getting a lot of unique looks, from screens to deep passes.  Two weeks in a row he has scored on screens that is good because in PPR I think he catches a least 5 passes a week so a 10-12 point floor in PPR is solid.  Plus they have Gurley and Watkins who is drawing coverage.

14 minutes ago, Mingalicious said:

Do you guys think he is the real deal? Wr2 ROS? He is getting the most targets on the team and the offense has been very dynamic. Obviously he is not going to maintain this kind of production, but what do you guys think? I haven't seen any ram's games so I have no feel for him or the team. I just keep seeing him on my bench blow up lol

It all depends on who draws the number one DB in these matchups between him at Watkins. If woods draws the secondary CB then you keep him In the lineup. If he has Xavier Rhodes, Latimore and Patrick Peterson covering him then id be a little worried 

On 11/13/2017 at 7:03 AM, Neptune15 said:

Does anyone know if the #1 Cornerback has been matching up on him or Sammy?  Trying to gauge if opposing defenses now view Woods as the #1 WR.

It's been Sammy all season. That may change now.

On 11/13/2017 at 10:03 AM, Neptune15 said:

6 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

As a Watkins owner, I hope defenses finally start treating Woods as the Rams' #1 WR. 

While it's been Watkins as the focal point for star defenders, I can't see that changing: Watkins is a tough matchup for size/skill, and if a mediocre DB covers Watkins he'll get burnt every single time. Woods is a tough matchup for speed, and I imagine we'll see the speedier DBs look to cover him, or the second speediest (while Watkins gets the primary coverage). Watkins' will be boom or bust, Woods will be stable floor + boom. Either way, with three capable WRs defenses will not be able to double-team effectively.

1 hour ago, Mingalicious said:

Woods has always had the speed but never the targets, and now with the targets and an accurate QB he's taken off.

54 minutes ago, charliehustler said:

It all depends on who draws the number one DB in these matchups between him at Watkins. If woods draws the secondary CB then you keep him In the lineup. If he has Xavier Rhodes, Latimore and Patrick Peterson covering him then id be a little worried 

I agree that a good DB can be a wrecking machine as a pass defender, but I'd suggest that pass rush has a lot to do with success here: Goff's accuracy has been solid, and if the defense gives Goff the time I see Woods gaining the separation: Woods has had between 5 and 10 targets every game this year, and while he might be shut down by top DBs, he does possess the speed to beat these guys at least part of the 5-10 times. My two cents.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:15 PM, miasma16 said:

Your words.

Uh, he was on the Bills. He had plenty of opportunity. He's not that good.

Gettting 5 targets per game is not at all a noteworthy opportunity. 

Whether it continues or not is the entire story. I just explained why I don't think it does.

So...we're in agreement? He's a flyer at best in 12-teamers, hoping that he'll go on a streak based on last week and last week alone. Otherwise, he's a deep leaguer.

I'll pass on shifting gears to chasing points. That's certainly not all that matters at the end of the day. What matters is projections. You seem to have an unrealistic concept of how targets work. 45 WRs have 17 or more targets (to his 16) this season. As I said before, none of his numbers are inspiring.

So whats going on? Like I said he's always been a good WR.  Just depends if teams want to use him.  He's always been very talented and now they are getting him the ball - unlike the BIlls who you think gave him an opportunity. But they didn't.

3 minutes ago, Big Nate said:

So whats going on? Like I said he's always been a good WR.  Just depends if teams want to use him.  He's always been very talented and now they are getting him the ball - unlike the BIlls who you think gave him an opportunity. But they didn't.

What's going on is that he's now seeing over 7 targets per game since that post you quoted (which IS useful, unlike the 5 you incorrectly claimed was useful before), and has had a total of 2 good games since then. I called him a flier, and he proceeded to be unstartable for over a month. He obviously should be owned now, but you picked a really bizarre thing to attempt to brag about. 

56 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

What's going on is that he's now seeing over 7 targets per game since that post you quoted (which IS useful, unlike the 5 you incorrectly claimed was useful before), and has had a total of 2 good games since then. I called him a flier, and he proceeded to be unstartable for over a month. He obviously should be owned now, but you picked a really bizarre thing to attempt to brag about. 

Bragging about nothing, and the only thing that was incorrect was you dismissing what I was trying to say.  You wrote him off and said he wasn't very good. You said he got opportunities in BUF which again was incorrect.

I tried to let people know what he was all about and you multi-quoted me, dissecting every single sentence.  Only thing that was wrong was your post.

It's ironic that I was one of the first to alert people here to Woods as a potential WR3/Flex, used him a little, then dropped him. A competitor proceeded to pick him up and reap big rewards. I always viewed him as a solid little plug-and-play guy. But it seems like he's the real deal. Watkins is saying he's the #1 in LA and how relieved he is about that. He is supposedly the hardest working. Elite speed, disciplined route runner, and I don't know if these last two games are a fluke, but they're drawing up specific plays for him. Makes me sick that I dropped him, but at least I know my scouting eye is as keen as ever lol, for what that's worth.

1 minute ago, Big Nate said:

Bragging about nothing, and the only thing that was incorrect was you dismissing what I was trying to say.  You wrote him off and said he wasn't very good. You said he got opportunities in BUF which again was incorrect.

I tried to let people know what he was all about and you multi-quoted me, dissecting every single sentence.  Only thing that was wrong was your post.

I didn't dismiss anything. I said that he was worth a flier, which you've ignored for a second time in a row.

He's not very good. How many useful games has he provided you? Certainly not Week 3, when nobody owned him. Week 4, when he got 17 yards. Week 9, coming out of a bye, after he hadn't put up more than 7.4 points in standard in any of the preceding weeks (when he got more than half of his points on maybe the worst blown coverage I've seen in an NFL game in years?)? Not a chance. The only time anybody probably used him was last week. So, again, I don't know what you're bragging about.

I did, in fact, say he got opportunities in Buffalo. You know why? Because in his second season, he got almost exactly as many targets as he's pacing for now. Unfortunately for you, the facts that I keep providing seem to conflict with the weird narrative you're pushing.