Sign in to follow this  
1972Miamidolphins

Frank Gore 2017 Season Outlook

14 hours ago, dabeesta17 said:

I typically try and win. I don't know many Finnish guys that play fantasy football, but pretty sure the consistency of Gore would be more appealing to them than a 31-year-old RB who hasn't played significant football in two years (Charles); a duo of slow RB on the same team who will likely cancel each other out (Perrine/Kelley); and another duo of RBs on the same team with one suspended for four games and the other that is 1.5 years younger than Gore and coming off a lost season due to torn ACL. Yeah, I'll take Gore and win.

By winning I mean I'm going in a different direction all together from any of those guys.  The only one I'd consider is Woody in ppr.

I can see gore trying to go after the all time rushing leaders if he post another 1000 yard season he will end up in the top 5 right outside Curtis martin at 4

I like Gore at his current ADP on FFC (7.03 std), with Luck nursing an injury he's bound to see a healthy workload early in the year. You can pick up Gore and ride him for 4-5 weeks and then see what you could get for him in the trade mkt (if wheels falling off is your concern). 

I see a lot of people worried about Hilton's value with Luck most likely set to miss at least a few weeks, but is Gore's value up? I got him in round 6 as my 3rd RB and Flex and feel like he will he will easily be value given that Indy's best bet will to give him the ball as much as he can handle- and the guy has 9 seasons of over 1000 yards

His numbers without Luck are not good.  And with the coaches and Owner being vague with Lucks' status i would avoid as this team is clearly not trying to compete.  Even in the 8th round, i feel like it's a wasted pick

Edited by nk3323

i got gore in the 8th in my draft....honestly don't see this as a wasted pick bro. He is gonna get 15-20 carries regardless and he looked fresh in preseason.

12 hours ago, kdpat15 said:

i got gore in the 8th in my draft....honestly don't see this as a wasted pick bro. He is gonna get 15-20 carries regardless and he looked fresh in preseason.

if the colts are competing yes, good value here.  If he was my RB3 or even 4, yes.  But at this point, he's my RB5 and wouldn't even start for me.  IMO, it would probably make more sense to draft players with the potential to produce more higher-end numbers rather than 7-8 points a game with the occasional TD

Edited by nk3323

6 straight years of 250 plus carries. Finished last season with 13 points per game, despite never having a truly big game. He's like the opposite of a boom or bust RB. He'll just give you 10-15 unsexy points every week, ho hum. If you looked up rock solid RB2 in the dictionary, and it were in there, you'd see Gore's picture.   

Edited by ajs723

I feel this guy is falling way further than he should in drafts right now. Especially with Luck likely getting removed from the PUP list today, I can't believe what a value he is. For those going zero-RB or those aggressively drafting QB and TE early too, this dude is such a tremendous value pick later in the draft.

Should be a healthy dose of Gore on Sunday, but does anyone know what to expect from the Rams? Seems like their defense was solid last year and Wade Phillips was brought in to make it better. I don't expect Tolzien to move the ball much but will Goff be able to put up points?

So no posts discussing the Matt Jones signing?

He was much maligned in D.C., but some personnel folks believe he has the potential to be a starting RB.  Being cut and landing with a fresh start can sometimes work wonders too.

As a Niner fan, no loves Gore the person/player more than me.  But face it, Gore is the most vulnerable starting RB in the league.  It will only take a nagging minor injury or two to reduce his effectiveness below acceptable.  At his age, those sorts of injuries are certain.

It is a relatively safe bet that Jones gets his shot before too long at seizing ownership of this backfield.  That may be akin to being named captain of the Titanic, but you never know.  Maybe Luck returns a some point and things take off with Jones already getting starter reps.  It would not be a shock.

In the one league (with deep benches) where I own Gore, I just rostered Jones.  I doubt that Jones will be silent in Indy for too long.       

Pagano's really high on Marlon Mack and Turbin is still around, waiting for the GL vultures. Guess we'll have to see how this one plays out. Jones can improve his fumbling issues but IIRC his pass protection in Washington was a problem too, and whoever starts in that backfield will have to protect Luck better. 

I picked Jones up when he was with the Skins. Started him the week of his infamous GL fumble. 

Indy also has a lighter schedule this year, with a younger, more energetic defense. The coaching staff isn't as idiotic as some might think either - when Luck returns he'll be 110%. By the way, how well can the rookie RB's pass-block? Not nearly as well as Frank can Id be willing to bet. (pass-blocking keeps you on the field!)

Just now, ZChronicNebula said:

(pass-blocking keeps you on the field!)

Yes it does and frank is really good at blocking too

Just now, JrsKars said:

Yes it does and frank is really good at blocking too

The most overlooked aspect it seems here. 

On 9/2/2017 at 11:22 AM, Dislimb said:

I feel this guy is falling way further than he should in drafts right now. Especially with Luck likely getting removed from the PUP list today, I can't believe what a value he is. For those going zero-RB or those aggressively drafting QB and TE early too, this dude is such a tremendous value pick later in the draft.

Drafted last Sunday. Granted it's an IDP heavy league (we start 11 IDPs along with typical 3WR offensive lineup), but I got Gore in the 25th rd with pick 299. I think I got a great value, but I wonder how long this guy can go and continue to be a bellcow back. I tend to think he doesn't reach 250 carries again this year, but it's hard to count the guy out until he actually shows us signs of slowing down. 

Honestly, my hope is to trade him to a team that loses a RB at some point because he'll probably never play for me. 

On 9/4/2017 at 10:36 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

He was much maligned in D.C., but some personnel folks believe he has the potential to be a starting RB.  Being cut and landing with a fresh start can sometimes work wonders too.

As a Niner fan, no loves Gore the person/player more than me.  But face it, Gore is the most vulnerable starting RB in the league.  It will only take a nagging minor injury or two to reduce his effectiveness below acceptable.  At his age, those sorts of injuries are certain.

It is a relatively safe bet that Jones gets his shot before too long at seizing ownership of this backfield.  That may be akin to being named captain of the Titanic, but you never know.  Maybe Luck returns a some point and things take off with Jones already getting starter reps.  It would not be a shock.

In the one league (with deep benches) where I own Gore, I just rostered Jones.  I doubt that Jones will be silent in Indy for too long.       

Lol! Cut after 6 days!

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 0:36 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

well that theory didn't last long lol

On 9/5/2017 at 1:36 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

Well, you did get that part right. He's no longer silent in Indy.

Marlon Mack looked pretty good yesterday.  The fumble was more a good play by the defense than a mistake from Mack.

Gore is a fine professional NFL RB that does everything well, but he's not a playmaker and Colts sorely need more of those.