dashoe

Theo Riddick 2017 Season Outlook

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

Snap count percentage from Sunday

AA - 45.1%
Riddick - 42.3%
Washington - 19.7%

Yet, AA touched the ball 14 times, Riddick 6 times, and Washington 7 times. Washington was on the field for 14 offensive plays. 

Usage for season, player touches/snap count

AA usage is 61% (132 touches out of 217 snaps)

Riddick 24% (47 touches out of 195 snaps)

Washington 46% (active 3 games) (16 touches out of 35 snaps)

Zenner 23% (active 4 games) (10 touches out of 44 snaps)

Touches doesn't mean that much in PPR leagues.

Week 8:

Riddick 6 points
Washington 2 points 
AA 6 points
Zenner 0 points

Week 6:

Riddick 9 points
Washington 0 points 
AA 5 points
Zenner 0 points

Week 5:

Riddick 8 points
Washington 0 points 
AA 4 points
Zenner 7 points

10 minutes ago, vinf said:

Touches doesn't mean that much in PPR leagues.

Week 8:

Riddick 6 points
Washington 2 points 
AA 6 points
Zenner 0 points

Week 6:

Riddick 9 points
Washington 0 points 
AA 5 points
Zenner 0 points

Week 5:

Riddick 8 points
Washington 0 points 
AA 4 points
Zenner 7 points

giphy.gif

Um, okay, but I wasn't arguing PPR vs standard.  The point I was I was making is that he has played almost as much as AA, but gotten the ball 37% less of the time.  Even Washington, is getting the ball at almost double the rate he is.  You don't find that concerning in all formats?

Here is some PPR for you,

2015 - 5.0 receptions per game

2016 - 5.6 receptions per game

2017 - 3.6 receptions per game

Edited by Sternes

27 minutes ago, Sternes said:

giphy.gif

Um, okay, but I wasn't arguing PPR vs standard.  The point I was I was making is that he has played almost as much as AA, but gotten the ball 37% less of the time.  Even Washington, is getting the ball at almost double the rate he is.  You don't find that concerning in all formats?

Here is some PPR for you,

2015 - 5.0 receptions per game

2016 - 5.6 receptions per game

2017 - 3.6 receptions per game

Liked for puppies.

2 hours ago, Tax77 said:

This guy going to be more involved in the game plan due to AA fumbling the ball? 

Earliest I've seen him involved was this past week.  There seemed to be some effort to get him in the game, which usually went to Washington.  Washington had a handful of reps, but the majority came at the end which was a refreshing change.

Must-start in any sort of PPR with Ameer down.  Even in standard I'd call him a low RB2-high RB3

22 hours ago, Fearfulways said:

May win a championship thanks to this guy. Keep it rolling riddick.

abdullah done for year?

he is practicing lets hope for a healthy scratch

He’s been practicing. He was benched. Caldwell likes to play passive aggressive games though so you can’t make a call until you see Ameer inactive. If so Theo is worth a long look. If he’s active....you can’t justify risking it IMO

Ameer is expected back this week.  Theo is back to PPR-only consideration, and game-script may not be in his favor this week.  I'd exercise extreme caution.

23 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Ameer is expected back this week.  Theo is back to PPR-only consideration, and game-script may not be in his favor this week.  I'd exercise extreme caution.

Aside reading and echoing the rotoblurb, what insight do you have pertaining to Ameer’s game status? Riddick always has been PPR only 

17 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Aside reading and echoing the rotoblurb, what insight do you have pertaining to Ameer’s game status? Riddick always has been PPR only 

Haven't even seen the rotoblurb that I'm supposed to be echoing.  This is purely my own analysis.  But since you ask...

This year Riddick has averaged 4 rush attempts per game and 3 recs when Ameer is active, with 2 total TD (11 games).

In the 2 games Ameer has been out, he's averaging 9.5 rushing attempts and 5.5 recs per game with 3 rushing TD.  15 touches and 1.5 TD per game are absolutely worth consideration in non-PPR, wouldn't you say?

Feel free to double check me on those numbers, it's possible that I added something wrong.

Regarding Ameer's status: When asked if he expected Abdullah to play on Saturday, Caldwell said, “I do, as long as things keep trending in the right direction, but I think he’s ready to go.”

23 minutes ago, dewaser said:

abdullah is back this week... we still starting riddick with confidence in ppr?

Nope. I'm benching him in favor of other options. 

Supposedly the wrist is a non factor now.  Anyone got a feel for how the usage might go with Abdullah around?  Supposedly Riddick was still the main guy last game until the injury (didn't see the game)?  Feeling like I have to give this guy a go in PPR against a dead Bengals team that gives up the second most points to RBs.

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Supposedly the wrist is a non factor now.  Anyone got a feel for how the usage might go with Abdullah around?  Supposedly Riddick was still the main guy last game until the injury (didn't see the game)?  Feeling like I have to give this guy a go in PPR against a dead Bengals team that gives up the second most points to RBs.

I didn't see the last game, but the report was that Riddick was in there for 30/40 snaps and was running very well (8/48) and possibly on his way to a 100 yard game.  Then he fumbled near the end of the 1st half and was hardly seen after that.  I'm assuming he injured his wrist on that fumble play.  Since he is practicing in full this week, it looks like he is good to go so hopefully no worries there.  He is clearly the best RB that the Lions have and gives them the best chance to win so I expect that as long as he is healthy he should be getting the majority of the snaps against the leaky Bengal defense.  

Provided no wrist setbacks in practice this week, I am starting at the flex over Lamar Miller and Sanu (1 PPR).    

Hopefully Theo will help take us to the promised land!  

On 12/22/2017 at 4:11 PM, rag9876 said:

Burfict coming back to play. Downgrade to the matchup?

Hell no! Riddick will catch 6+ balls this week or more and the 60+ yards will be a bonus

6 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Hell no! Riddick will catch 6+ balls this week or more and the 60+ yards will be a bonus

Not arguing about stats, but its a definite downgrade with Burfict back.