Rotoworld.com Forums

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

He started the season well with McCown at center but after his injury, the ineffectiveness of Kessler plummeted his fantasy season.

The talent is there but Cleveland's carousel of QBs hurts every position.

Source: The Cleveland Plain Dealer - Mary Kay Cabot

Cleveland Browns WR Corey Coleman (undisclosed) is expected to be out a 'little while' after reportedly playing out to make a catch in practice last week and landing on the ball. Head coach Hue Jackson intends on having Coleman back by training camp.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

He started the season well with McCown at center but after his injury, the ineffectiveness of Kessler plummeted his fantasy season.

The talent is there but Cleveland's carousel of QBs hurts every position.

Source: The Cleveland Plain Dealer - Mary Kay Cabot

Cleveland Browns WR Corey Coleman (undisclosed) is expected to be out a 'little while' after reportedly playing out to make a catch in practice last week and landing on the ball. Head coach Hue Jackson intends on having Coleman back by training camp.

Makes me wonder if he hurt his ribs...why else would landing on a football cause you to miss weeks of practice?

Corey Coleman is dealing with two injuries, including a "sore hamstring."

Coleman also has a middle-body injury after reportedly landing on the football in OTAs. The hamstring issue is a major concern, as Coleman has a history of soft-tissue injuries, including a large chunk of 2016 camp with a hamstring ailment. Banged up throughout his rookie year, this isn't the offseason Coleman needed, though it will mostly be forgotten if he reports to camp at 100 percent. Right now, that doesn't sound particularly likely.

I think Cleveland's passing game is going to be a lot better this year than some expect. Offensive lines do absolute wonders for a QB (see Matt Ryan and Dak) and Cleveland has the makings of a top 10, maybe even top 5 unit. And Coleman is going to get volume whenever he's on the field.

He's a WR4 to me right now, but he's a guy I'll be watching in the preseason.

Edited by beware d-ware

Corey is out until July...Does this give Kenny Britt a leg up on him?

Source: NFL Network - Ian Rapoport

Cleveland Browns WR Corey Coleman (undisclosed) may be out until training camp as he recovers from an undisclosed injury suffered during organized team activities. The extent of the injury doesn't seem serious, but the Browns don't want to take any chances with their sophomore receiver, especially since he missed six games last year with a broken hand.

• 1 month later...

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/3536/hue-jackson-happy-with-strides-made-by-healthy-receiver-corey-coleman

1. Big difference: It wasn’t just the sight of oft-injured receiver Corey Coleman practicing hard and pulling down a high sideline out from quarterback DeShone Kizer that pleased Hue Jackson. The coach is happy with the overall growth of Coleman’s grasp on the offense in his second training camp. Earlier in the day, Coleman said the biggest difference in him was his grasp of the playbook. “I know what’s going on with the offense,” Coleman said. “I’m not out there guessing or hoping I don’t mess up. [With] a year under my belt, I know what we’re trying to do with the offense.” Jackson has challenged Coleman to step up and be his No. 1 receiver and he feels Coleman’s work to this stage has been commendable. “He’s telling other guys how to get lined up. A year ago, he couldn’t do that,” Jackson said. “It was spinning for him a year ago. It was tough. You think of a rookie player coming into a new environment, learning a new language, new coaches, the National Football League playing against the best of the best, the draft status, having to compete at a high level and be at your best play after play, that’s hard for anyone. But that’s what he has to do, and he gets it. And I think he’s taken on that challenge.”

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, PolarBear said:

I am a big fan.  Elite athlete, showed he could produce last year when healthy and on a team that is going to have to throw the ball.  Don't want to rely on him to start but as the first WR on my bench I am pretty stoked. 

He did? He only had one game with >100 yards (also had 2 TDs in the game) and then most of the other games were in the 20-40 yard range. Not sure we have really seen what he can or can't do. Need more sample size.

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

He did? He only had one game with >100 yards (also had 2 TDs in the game) and then most of the other games were in the 20-40 yard range. Not sure we have really seen what he can or can't do. Need more sample size.

I said he could. For a guy you are getting for as cheap as Coleman, you aren't going to get some player with a long history of producing.   From memory, he was hurt for portions of the year and that may have had an effect.  He passes the eye test for me and I think he has real value where he is being drafted. 

2 minutes ago, Tar Heel Nation said:

I've been waiting for some conversations to begin, but everyone seems to be sleeping on him this year.  At his ADP, he's a massive steal.

P.S.  Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........................................

Agreed. Got him in the 14th round tonight 

9 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

Offensive line was trash after week four. Heck, they had to pick up and play Charlie Whitehurst week 4 because the line couldn't protect the QB.

First 2 weeks last year are the only sample size that represents an NFL team.  I have Coleman on my radar in the 9th round.  ODB combine stats clone. Belitnekoff winner.  First round pick.  He's too good to let someone else have him.  Kiser has some real talent.

2 hours ago, jmausen said:

Offensive line was trash after week four. Heck, they had to pick up and play Charlie Whitehurst week 4 because the line couldn't protect the QB.

First 2 weeks last year are the only sample size that represents an NFL team.  I have Coleman on my radar in the 9th round.  ODB combine stats clone. Belitnekoff winner.  First round pick.  He's too good to let someone else have him.  Kiser has some real talent.

agree with everything but kizer having talent.

I'm not one of them, but there are those who believe that Britt will lead the team in receptions.  From what I've seen so far in PS, and knowing that Britt does have some talent, I don't believe that Britt can be dismissed, especially if Coleman continues to be dogged by minor injuries.

I won't make up my mind on this for another week or two.

7 hours ago, cdd10 said:

agree with everything but kizer having talent.

Notre Dame did average 30 points a game last year.  The NC State game was in a hurricane.  Kizer was benched the following week vs. Stanford.

I think his biggest problem was losing his best players to the NFL last year.  The defense allowing 40 points a game didn't help either.

He is the best QB on the roster.  I do wish they would sit him this year so he can work on his game.  He runs too much and holds onto the ball too long in the pocket. Hard to practice with a broken leg.  His receivers are all young.  Only Britt knows how to run routes.  Coleman and Lewis should be solid receivers, but they are also developing.

I can't remember the last time a Browns QB looked off a receiver then threw a 40 yard pass where only the receiver could catch it.

4 hours ago, jmausen said:

Notre Dame did average 30 points a game last year.  The NC State game was in a hurricane.  Kizer was benched the following week vs. Stanford.

I think his biggest problem was losing his best players to the NFL last year.  The defense allowing 40 points a game didn't help either.

He is the best QB on the roster.  I do wish they would sit him this year so he can work on his game.  He runs too much and holds onto the ball too long in the pocket. Hard to practice with a broken leg.  His receivers are all young.  Only Britt knows how to run routes.  Coleman and Lewis should be solid receivers, but they are also developing.

I can't remember the last time a Browns QB looked off a receiver then threw a 40 yard pass where only the receiver could catch it.

everybody scores 30 PPG in college. Notre Dame was 53rd in PPG. 

Edited by cdd10