TX Babe Ruth

Corey Coleman 2017 Season Outlook

18 minutes ago, tywalson said:

If Kizer falls off come regular season, which is a strong possibility, I'm nervous of him being stuck in a similar situation as last year...

This isnt a WR1 you are drafting if he busts thne drop him and add the hot pick of the week. Rinse and repeat

3 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I am hoping he becomes next years this years Mike Thomas

So you hope 2018 that Coleman is a 2nd round pick?

Id take Mike Thomas rookie year numbers for colemans 2017 stat line right now.

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So you hope 2018 that Coleman is a 2nd round pick?

Id take Mike Thomas rookie year numbers for colemans 2017 stat line right now.

hell yes, thats my hope, is that we are talking about him next year around no 8WR especially since hes got a 12th round keeper tag for me lol

Was looking for a nice little sleeper at WR and here comes Coleman into my life. Love the connection and bond between him and Kizer. I think we have something here health permitting. 

1 minute ago, Travis Burten said:

Kenny Britt seems like the WR1 on that team

Coleman's the guy to own if he can stay on the field.  Significantly more talented than Britt.  Even though what Britt did last year on a terrible team is incredibly impressive.

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

Coleman's the guy to own if he can stay on the field.  Significantly more talented than Britt.  Even though what Britt did last year on a terrible team is incredibly impressive.

Any reports confirming Coleman is WR1? Where are you getting this info from?

3 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Hugh Jackson has challenged Coleman to become the #1 and by all indications he's responding. He has the talent and a bromance going with Kizer that makes me feel like it's common sense at this point. 

6 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Hugh Jackson has challenged Coleman to become the #1 and by all indications he's responding. He has the talent and a bromance going with Kizer that makes me feel like it's common sense at this point. 

All that plus...Kenny Britt is either tge worst WR1 in the league or a high end WR2.

Id prefer Britt as my WR2 and Coleman as my WR1 if i was Hue.

Just now, Travis Burten said:

It took Britt until his year 28 season to have a 1000 yard year.  And Coleman's best comp coming out of the draft was ODB.  Health is his only concern.

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

All that plus...Kenny Britt is either tge worst WR1 in the league or a high end WR2.

Id prefer Britt as my WR2 and Coleman as my WR1 if i was Hue.

I don't even think this is even up for debate. If Coleman is on the field he is the biggest threat to score with the ball in his hands. Briit is a nice big body number 2 WR that will keep defenses honest from rolling coverage over to Coleman on a consistent basis. Teams still have to respect Britt's size with one on one coverage.

48 minutes ago, Travis Burten said:

Kenny Britt seems like the WR1 on that team

Based off what?

8 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

What are the realistic projection for Coleman?  Is 1000 and 6 reasonable? 

I don't know if I'd say that is a "realistic projection" - to me "projection" means "what I think he'll end up with" - but I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to hope for that.

While it's lazy analysis to just say "hey, who was the top WR in Cleveland in past years and how did he do?" I'll offer up the following:

2015 - Travis Benjamin went 68 for 966 and 5 TDs.

2016 - Terrelle Pryor went 77 for 1007 and 4 TDs.

Nobody would've said that Coleman's pre-2017 outlook is worse than Benjamin's pre-2015 or Pryor's pre-2016 outlooks.  So if Coleman is healthy I don't think your number is unreasonable at all.  And 1000 and 6 would be a solid WR2 (that you acquired for a WR4/5 price).

40 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

What are the realistic projection for Coleman?  Is 1000 and 6 reasonable? 

All depends on Kizer's ability to play QB and Coleman staying healthy tbh. I think 1000 and 6 is reasonable.

Edited by burninglegs

Remember that Cleveland has made TWO offensive improvements this year.  Everybody knows about the revamped OL.  Less talked about is the upgrade in game-planning and play-calling by dumping Pep Hamilton and replacing him with a combo of Al Saunders and more-involved Hue Jackson.

Kizer (and by extension Coleman) will get a much better chance to succeed than previous QBs.

27 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

Remember that Cleveland has made TWO offensive improvements this year.  Everybody knows about the revamped OL.  Less talked about is the upgrade in game-planning and play-calling by dumping Pep Hamilton and replacing him with a combo of Al Saunders and more-involved Hue Jackson.

Kizer (and by extension Coleman) will get a much better chance to succeed than previous QBs.

Great points. We should also remember the only receivers with Coleman type talent were Josh Gordon and Terrelle Pryor, both who succeded in the browns system when it was probably even worse than it will be this year.

They'll throw the ball and Kizer has the look of a QB better than they've had for years. Yes, they're still the Browns. Yes, Browns WR with high level talent have been able to succeed despite the surroundings. 

7 minutes ago, nk3323 said:

so where's a good spot to take him? 

right now he's coming off the board back of the 9th/early 10th in 12 team PPR, pick 106 overall, as WR42. I personally have him as my WR39 but love his upside and would take him in the 8th. 9th or 10th is great value imo. 

Love this guy this year. I'd way rather have him then Britt. Kizer seems to really like him. Don't forget he was drafted really high by CLE

This guy is going to go absolutely off this year, I'm predicting low-end WR1 numbers this year. Britt will be a non-factor. So sad I wasn't able to scoop him for my squad this year.

Took a late round flyer on this guy in a 12-team league. I hope the connection with Kizer continues into the regular season.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:52 AM, JoeJoe88 said:

It took Britt until his year 28 season to have a 1000 yard year.  And Coleman's best comp coming out of the draft was ODB.  Health is his only concern.

QB is a concern along with health. OBJ entered the league with Eli as his QB, which is significantly better than who Coleman has had to work with. 

That said, I own a share of Coleman this year, and I'm excited to see how he does. Fingers crossed.